Indians/Twins Updates

fathom

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 02:42 AM)
How does a s*** team like the Mariners get 6 runs off Guerrier and we can't do s***.  Guerrier threw 23 pitches in 1/3 an inning while against us he pitched 39 pitches in 4 innings.

Mariners have a very potent top of the order. Sexson is hitting the long ball now, and even Beltre has come along well lately. Also, putting Bloomquist in the 2 spot has been a very good move. I would take their lineup in a second over the Sox lineup.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(knightni @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 02:40 AM)
I think the bad luck happened when people started putting the magic #s in their sigs/avatars.

Or when they started rooting for divisional foes like the Indians and Twins because they either didn't want to have the A's in the playoffs, or they didn't want the Sox to have too big of a lead.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 08:48 PM)
Mariners have a very potent top of the order.  Sexson is hitting the long ball now, and even Beltre has come along well lately.  Also, putting Bloomquist in the 2 spot has been a very good move.  I would take their lineup in a second over the Sox lineup.

So would I, but they have Ichiro, Sexson and Beltre and the rest is very mediocre. I also would take their line-up, but they are not that much better offensively than us. The fact that they had patience, made Guerrier throw pitches, just shows how lame our AA line-up is.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 02:50 AM)
So would I, but they have Ichiro, Sexson and Beltre and the rest is very mediocre.  I also would take their line-up, but they are not that much better offensively than us.  The fact that they had patience, made Guerrier throw pitches, just shows how lame our AA line-up is.

Ibanez is better than Everett in the 3rd hole.

It's obvious that the Sox as a team has gotten complacent and they don't care anymore. When I see in the post-game comments that the team is strong and giving 100%, I just want to barf because I know what I am watching is not a team giving 100% or even 75%. Their at-bats the last 2 weeks looks like an 11 year old little league team.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 02:52 AM)
It's obvious that the Sox as a team has gotten complacent and they don't care anymore.  When I see in the post-game comments that the team is strong and giving 100%, I just want to barf because I know what I am watching is not a team giving 100% or even 75%.  Their at-bats the last 2 weeks looks like an 11 year old little league team.

I agree, but what else do you think they're going to say?

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 08:52 PM)
It's obvious that the Sox as a team has gotten complacent and they don't care anymore.  When I see in the post-game comments that the team is strong and giving 100%, I just want to barf because I know what I am watching is not a team giving 100% or even 75%.  Their at-bats the last 2 weeks looks like an 11 year old little league team.

putting timo in the 1st slot and uribe in the 2nd slot is not giving 100% in my eyes. those two do not scare any pitchers.

QUOTE(whitesoxjr27 @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 08:54 PM)
putting timo in the 1st slot and uribe in the 2nd slot is not giving 100% in my eyes. those two do not scare any pitchers.

Only Konerko and Pods scare opponents, Kong for his power and Pods for running and they are both injured. 1-9 in our line-up don't scare anyone.