White Sox Offense

SoxFanForever

I know this has been discussed quite a bit and everything. I just saw a very surprising stat while watching Sportscenter a minute ago....

The White Sox offense has scored a total of 2 runs in the last 36 innings they have played in. I don't know about you guys but I think Ozzie needs to look at this and do something...anything. For the love of god.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Aug 20, 2005 -> 10:32 PM)
I know this has been discussed quite a bit and everything.  I just saw a very surprising stat while watching Sportscenter a minute ago....

The White Sox offense has scored a total of 2 runs in the last 36 innings they have played in.  I don't know about you guys but I think Ozzie needs to look at this and do something...anything.  For the love of god.

What should Ozzie do about the lack of offense?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 12:54 AM)
What should Ozzie do about the lack of offense?

Personally like I said in another thread, he needs to get the guys to hit where they're most comfortable in the lineup. I think Iguchi should be moved down to a run - producing spot, he's our best hitter right now. Hell move Rowand up to #2 to replace him, if not Uribe.

Put Everett down behind Konerko, he's a much better hitter in the #5 spot. Then you have Dye and Pierzynski. A.J seems to have hit better when he's down at say #6 or #7 in the lineup than #5 for mine.

In the previous off-season I was telling people, our lineup was going to be deeper this year, even without Maggs and Lee. We had the likes of A.J, Pods, Iguchi coming in etc., that would fill more holes in the lineup. Well the problem is now, without Pods, there's no platform at the top of the order, where our best hitters seem to be. If you move Iguchi down a little lower when Pods comes back, it makes the bottom half of our lineup better, especially if you move Uribe back up to #2 where he's hit best, because pitchers won't have to face Crede - Uribe back to back, which has almost become 2 automatic outs.

Of course in the off-season, one of 3B or SS is definitely going to have to be upgraded. Rafael Furcal's an option, but is he good enough to be a #2 hitter, or would he have to be down at #9? What about Alex Gonzalez an Ozzie favorite? He'd prob hit the same spot as Juan right now. You've got Bill Mueller a FA. Great season 2 years ago, hasn't hit well since, especially away from Fenway. Slim pickings, unless they can work a trade.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 02:37 AM)
Start by removing Timonael from the leadoff spot in the order.

Hell get Ozuna into the leadoff spot for today. He's got splits of .323/.369/.369 against lefties.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 09:03 AM)
Personally like I said in another thread, he needs to get the guys to hit where they're most comfortable in the lineup. I think Iguchi should be moved down to a run - producing spot, he's our best hitter right now. Hell move Rowand up to #2 to replace him, if not Uribe.

Put Everett down behind Konerko, he's a much better hitter in the #5 spot. Then you have Dye and Pierzynski. A.J seems to have hit better when he's down at say #6 or #7 in the lineup than #5 for mine.

In the previous off-season I was telling people, our lineup was going to be deeper this year, even without Maggs and Lee. We had the likes of A.J, Pods, Iguchi coming in etc., that would fill more holes in the lineup. Well the problem is now, without Pods, there's no platform at the top of the order, where our best hitters seem to be. If you move Iguchi down a little lower when Pods comes back, it makes the bottom half of our lineup better, especially if you move Uribe back up to #2 where he's hit best, because pitchers won't have to face Crede - Uribe back to back, which has almost become 2 automatic outs.

Of course in the off-season, one of 3B or SS is definitely going to have to be upgraded. Rafael Furcal's an option, but is he good enough to be a #2 hitter, or would he have to be down at #9? What about Alex Gonzalez an Ozzie favorite? He'd prob hit the same spot as Juan right now. You've got Bill Mueller a FA. Great season 2 years ago, hasn't hit well since, especially away from Fenway. Slim pickings, unless they can work a trade.

I like a lot of what you said here.

Gooch down a spot so he can swing away is a good idea. Moving Arow up so he can get more fastballs is another good idea. With Crede and Uribe free swinging behind him, he will never get a good thing to hit.

I would also like to see KW get Tracy from the Dbacks or Overbay. If they decide to keep Konerko then move him to DH and he and Tracy/Overbay can spit the 1st base position. They are not bringing Thomas back and with the lack of power options we may have to bite the bullet and keep Konerko.

Rafel Furcal will be one of the top FAs this offseason. I would love to have him, but that might be a tough sell.

I would be shocked if Crede is back next year. When you hear Sox management making comments that all he will ever be is a 240 hitter, then you have a problem. I remember Arow saying at soxfest that Crede hit at every level and its just nuts he cant hit at this level. His mechanics look completely gone, and now he is slapping at the outside ball just guessing to make contact. He needs a fresh start somewhere else. Sean Burroughs would be nice if he could actually hit for average. He cant hit an extra base hit to save his life, but if he could hit for high average and have good OBP he could be a number 2 hitter next year.