What happened to Graff

IlliniKrush

Well I just came up with my new idea of the week.

Lee, Konerko and Harris for Klesko and Kotsay. 

We are way better defensively, pick up two great baserunners and fill the woes in center (meaning Daubach can now play left) and can bring up Aaron Miles or Rowand as a backup.  We could also use Borchard.

I like the sound of that, let's hope our new GM has a few ideas as good as this one.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Kotsay is one of my favs too Koch.  The scouts are probably right, but I like him to Jim Edmonds, but healthier and with a bit less pop. 

Him and Klesko would each still 20 bases and draw plenty of walks and make the Sox a much more fundementally sound team.  Right now I'd be really happy to move Lee and Konerko for that (Both would be fits) and they would be a bit younger for the Padres.  Konerko is the kind of guy you could build an offense around in the Pads new ballpark.  I like Konerko a ton, but if we can't unload Thomas, you got to move PK, imo. 

Could you imagine if we could somehow get the Tigers to take Thomas for Higgy.  Then do the other swap.

Have an outfield of Higgy, Kotsay, Maggs an infield of Crede, Jose (even though I cringe at the thought), Jimenez, and Klesko with Daubach dh'ing.  Jose could also DH plenty with Aaron Miles or Tony Graffanino or even Hummell playing. 

We may become pretty lefty oriented, but we'd have a few switch hitters and lefty based teams can win, especially when you have a grand old righty in magglio ordonez in the middle of the lineup.  Maggs, Olivo/Aloamr and Crede are enough righties to break it up, imo. 

The thing is, I've never ever heard of a team making this many moves all at once.  I think they are all viable, but it doesn't happen in the majors for some reason.  Maybe its cause it wouldn't work, but I'd sure as hell love this lineup. 

Jimenez

Kotsay

Klesko

Maggs

Higgy

Crede

Daubach

Jose

Olivo/Alomar

If we could somehow do the Klesko/Kotsay for Konerko/Lee swap, i'd do it in a heartbeat. That would be spectacular. The 40+ stolen bases and defensive help would be great. Then Borchard could play left field when he comes up instead of centerfield, when he is not a "regular" centerfielder.

However i don't see the Higgy/Thomas swap happening...not with the current situation the Tigers are in. They don't need an overpriced, old, b****y first baseman when they drastically need to rebuild. And they have Carlos Pena over there anyway.

I still want to do something with Valentin at some point, but you can only do one thing at a time in this league.

And as far as that lineup goes, if jimenez struggles, which i think could easily happen, you could move Kotsay to leadoff and have some possibilities for the 2 hole (maybe crede eventually)

I agree with you Koch.

The Thomas deal was something I was reachin on, simply because I don't see Thomas as a marketable player unless we take someone on with a high salary a team is looking to dump.

The Klesko/Kotsay swap would be a big help for the Sox and I think it would help the Pads. Its one of those deals that would help both teams, imo. I'd really miss Konerko, but since we can't get rid of Frank Konerko would be the one to go.

I'm a huge huge PK fan though.

Like i said earlier, i'd like to get rid of Lee before Konerko, i think Konerko will eventually become a much better player than Lee. So maybe if we can just get the Lee/Kotsay switch going with something else included, that'd be nice

And at this point i'd trade Thomas for almost anything

Like i said earlier, i'd like to get rid of Lee before Konerko, i think Konerko will eventually become a much better player than Lee. So maybe if we can just get the Lee/Kotsay switch going with something else included, that'd be nice

And at this point i'd trade Thomas for almost anything

That would be sweet too.

I'm with you. I think Konerko will be one of the better first baseman throughout his career. He's a great 5 hole hitter and Kotsay could move into the 2 hole pushing Jose back in the lineup giving the lineup more balance.

Defensively we'd be much better. I'd still love to get rid of Frank for anything.

Jose doesn't hit for enough average to stay at the top of that order, and he can't hit lefties, so it'd be a good move.

The only downfall of Konerko is that he's slow as hell, but you can somewhat hide that if he's a #5 hitter.

Jose doesn't hit for enough average to stay at the top of that order, and he can't hit lefties, so it'd be a good move.

The only downfall of Konerko is that he's slow as hell, but you can somewhat hide that if he's a #5 hitter.

You can hide it if Frank isn't a 3 hitter anymore, thats for sure. :D

I'm pretty much banking on the fact that this is next year's lineup and that Thomas is surely gone by next year. If he's not, something is wrong.

I don't even want to think about next years lineup soley because if they suck this year, there isn't going to be a next year because almost anyone that is due money will be gone, imo.

Buehrle won't be gone, but Colon would be and it would be shame not to have Colon and Buehrle at the top for a long time.

No one in our organization is even close to being as good as Choi and I speak of that even with our golden boy Borchard. Borchard has the ability to be way better and at a more important position (Center) but Choi is a freaking stud. Great patience, fluid swing, really good defensively and massive power and he's doing it at the major league level already.

Rogowski is all we got down there. Two years ago they thought really highly of him. Last year he had a wrist injury which really slowed him down, but if he picks up this year, he'll shoot back up to being one of the best position players in the organization. He's got some decent speed too, think he stole like 20 plus bases last year.

Well for all their prospects that have suceeded or look to be, there are still guys like Farnie and Cruz that have dynamite arms and are struggling. Then Christensen, Chiasson, and Smyth have been injury riddle and they have really good arms as well. Lets not forget Bobby Hill completely falling on his face. I don't know if he picked things up, but for a long time he was hitting under .200 in AAA Iowa.

Jose at DH, on a regular basis, would not be a good move. He can't hit lefties. So, you'd reduce him to a part time DH. I still say Jose brings something to the team when he is out there at short. And to head off all the smart ass remarks... something positive. :)

Jose at DH, on a regular basis, would not be a good move.  He can't hit lefties.  So, you'd reduce him to a part time DH.  I still say Jose brings something to the team when he is out there at short.  And to head off all the smart ass remarks... something positive.  :)

What exactly does he do at short besides make a lot of errors that helps the team? If anything he's an asset on the basepaths and at the plate from the left side.

What exactly does he do at short besides make a lot of errors that helps the team? If anything he's an asset on the basepaths and at the plate from the left side.

It's been well documented that the Sox WIN more often when he is at short, than when he is not. This has been proved over a 3 year period. What else do you need to know?

It's been well documented that the Sox WIN more often when he is at short, than when he is not.  This has been proved over a 3 year period.  What else do you need to know?

Thats coincidence, believe me.