What happened to Graff

IlliniKrush

Thats coincidence, believe me.

Agreed and to me its well documented that teams that play crappy defense don't win in the playoffs.

You want to win in the playoffs, you need good pitching (We have that), you need good defense (Don't have it up the middle) and you need to play small ball (We have the abilities, but we have Gary Ward no preaching it or so thats what I've been reading).

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed and to me its well documented that teams that play crappy defense don't win in the playoffs. 

You want to win in the playoffs, you need good pitching (We have that), you need good defense (Don't have it up the middle) and you need to play small ball (We have the abilities, but we have Gary Ward no preaching it or so thats what I've been reading).

Basically that stat was useless because all it showed was that the sox won more times with valentin at SS than they did with Clayton at SS, and clayton sucks.

You need good defense up the middle, he is NOT a good defensive player, if you keep his left handed bat around, it doesn't matter if he's at DH or SS...might as well not have him playing defense. Isn't that obvious?

Jimenez

Kotsay

Klesko

Maggs

Higgy

Crede

Daubach

Jose

Olivo/Alomar

I would love to get Kotsay, but that lineup doesn't look much improved from what we have now. I say we go for some talented young guys that can fire things up, if not for this season, for the future.

It's been well documented that the Sox WIN more often when he is at short, than when he is not.  This has been proved over a 3 year period.  What else do you need to know?

2000 Jose at short Sox do well.

2001 Jose not at SS Sox don't do well

2002 until August Jose not at SS Sox don't do well

2002 Sept. Jose at SS sox do well

2000 Frank hits Sox do well.

2001 Frank is injured Sox don't do well

2002 until August Frank struggles Sox don't do well

2002 Sept. Frank gets hot Sox do well

I like Jose but I think all that winning had more to do with Frank than with Jose.