Today is the day--8/21/05 Game Thread

flyg88182

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 07:41 PM)
Being called out about my maturity level on a web board.  What will I ever do.

I really can care less what you think.

You used the word 'retarted' to describe a baseball player. Of all the words, you used 'retarted'. Again, all of this IMO, but I find that absolutely pathetic coming from an "adult".

Whatever, though, to each his own.

Can someone please explain to me why we didn't have the infield in with Cano up? With our offense as s***ty as it's been, and facing Randy Johnson, that would have been the perfect time to use it. This stretch is the worst baseball I've seen by the White Sox in a long, long, long time.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 01:44 PM)
I really can care less what you think.

You used the word 'retarted' to describe a baseball player.  Of all the words, you used 'retarted'.  Again, all of this IMO, but I find that absolutely pathetic coming from an "adult".

Whatever, though, to each his own.

Oddly instead of ignoring the comment and moving on, you decided to take this opportunity to scold me like someones mother. So for whatever reason, you do care.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 01:47 PM)
Can someone please explain to me why we didn't have the infield in with Cano up?  With our offense as s***ty as it's been, and facing Randy Johnson, that would have been the perfect  time to use it.  This stretch is the worst baseball I've seen by the White Sox in a long, long, long time.

Because Ozzie likes to torture us....WHAT THE f*** IS WRONG WITH THIS GOD DAMN TEAM!!!!!

I bet we end up with more f***ing errors in this game than we do hits.

I've finally gone insane.

CWSOX45

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 07:49 PM)
Oddly instead of ignoring the comment and moving on, you decided to take this opportunity to scold me like someones mother.  So for whatever reason, you do care.

Must not have been clear enough that I really don't care what you think about using the word 'retarted' to describe a ballplayer.

IMO, it's wrong, and you haven't addressed it, instead looking at other things.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 07:51 PM)
Must not have been clear enough that I really don't care what you think about using the word 'retarted' to describe a ballplayer.

Right or wrong, people use retard on message boards way too often when describing players. If you're looking for PC on a message board, then you're looking in the wrong place.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 07:51 PM)
slump buster. someone needs to take one for the team. I nominate BA.

It's a shame Pablo got that hit in the first inning, or else I'd really think we have a chance to get no-hit.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 07:52 PM)
Right or wrong, people use retard on message boards way too often when describing players.  If you're looking for PC on a message board, then you're looking in the wrong place.

The thing is, I can expect it coming from a kid. Not sayng that it's acceptable, but I can expect it.

From an "adult"? Not so much.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 01:51 PM)

Addressed it, is this the UN?

I don't give a f*** what most of you guys say, but I'm sorry. There is no reason that these guys should continue to look like this for an entire month of the season. I'm starting to wonder if they have stopped listening to Greg Walker, if this is the case I suggest they can his ass.

Lets face it guys, our team has turned into a bunch of ass clowns swinging for the fences every at bat, I can't remember the last time I saw guys trying to take the pitch to opposite field, these guys look f***ing terrible, and I'm ready to let Walker's head roll.

That's just how I feel, I feel it's time for a personnel change.

CWSOX45

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 01:53 PM)
The thing is, I can expect it coming from a kid.  Not sayng that it's acceptable, but I can expect it.

From an "adult"?  Not so much.

Thank you Mr. Morals for your continuing diatribe on "whats makes an adult today".