Today is the day--8/21/05 Game Thread

flyg88182

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jermaine is playing for Oakland again?

Go ahead and get all high and mighty, you're just going to make yourself look foolish. :rolly

I've watched Uribe for the last week, a despite having just 3 hits to show for it, he is the only White Sox hitter with a plan up at the plate.

I dont follow you on the Jermaine is playing for Oakland again?

How am I going to make myself foolish? I am just posting facts.

The bottom line is that the game has started, so lets put this loseing streak behind us!!! :gosox3: :gosox1:

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 07:10 PM)
When did I say that??? I was just making a point that Uribe isnt hitting that well at the plate in the past month, thats all, nothing more, nothing less :gosox1:

And, relative to what the rest of the team is doing this month, that statement is incorrect.

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 02:08 PM)
I dont follow you on the Jermaine is playing for Oakland again?

How am I going to make myself foolish?  I am just posting facts.

The bottom line is that the game has started, so lets put this loseing streak behind us!!! :gosox3:  :gosox1:

Jermaine has a sub .200 average, since that's what's important, in August.

Then you got all high and mighty, saying Crede was the only one worse than Uribe in August...

Well... how about you take your own advice, and do some research... :rolly

Jermaine has a sub .200 average, since that's what's important, in August.

Then you got all high and mighty, saying Crede was the only one worse than Uribe in August...

Well... how about you take your own advice, and do some research... :rolly

You got me there, Dye has a sub .200 average, i stand corrected... my bad :chair

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 07:12 PM)
how is that incorrect, were back to were we started Uribe is hitting one of the lowest on the team?

It's incorrect because Uribe's OBP -- a better and more important stat than OBP -- is higher than most of the team's, even if it isn't very good.

I'll drop it, but you shouldn't have brought up "foolish". As they say, pot calling the kettle black...

And, by "a better and more important stat than OBP, I, of course, mean BA AVG. :D

Edited by CWSGuy406

It's incorrect because Uribe's OBP -- a better and more important stat than OBP -- is higher than most of the team's, even if it isn't very good.

I'll drop it, but you shouldn't have brought up "foolish".  As they say, pot calling the kettle black...

i never brought up foolish someone brought it up...but o well that was a nice inning by contreras now lets score 5 right here