what move first needs to be made

baggio202

22 members have voted

1. 1. what move first needs to be made

• remove billy koch from the closer role(or trade him)
    • bring up joe borchard
    • trade for a real CF
    • add left handed power (other than borchard)
    • trade for a speedy lead off man
    • bring up aaron miles
    • add a ss or 2nd that can actually field (not miles)
    • no one move could save this team..white flag two here we come

Where is, get someone in here to replace Ward?

That being said, i voted for speedy leadoff guy...maybe Manuel can manage differently if he has that asset.

i was looking more along the lines of you first move with the players..we would need a whole nother poll for management!!!..i think ill do one

Damn, should of made my post in this thread.

I'd fire Ward and hire Walker.

Then I'd trade Konerko, Carlos Lee, and Willie Harris to San Diego for Kotsay and Klesko (if we could land a prospect or somehow pry Ramon Vazquez away then that would be great too)

Next up I'd try and move Thomas for Higginson (Tigers could then dump Thomas pretty much and free space. Tigers would probably have to pay part of Higgy's salary.

Then I'd be done with the moves. We'd of probably freed up a bit of money and I'd invest that money in the pitching staff.

I'd fire Manuel and bring in a go getter like Valentine.

I'd fire Ward of course.

And I'd bring up Joe B.

I mean the experts picked us to win this year.

Let's just change our manager and coaching staff for now.

I'd have a closed door team meeting with coaches and the manager, and tell them simply this.

This is Jerry's team until proven otherwise. Now go play like you are capable of playing. Then I would give it a month and see what happened. Then I would assess from there.

That being said. I picked trade for a speedy leadoff hitter that plays centerfield and has power from the left side of that plate and can fill in as a closer.

Then I'd trade Konerko, Carlos Lee, and Willie Harris to San Diego for Kotsay and Klesko (if we could land a prospect or somehow pry Ramon Vazquez away then that would be great too)

Next up I'd try and move Thomas for Higginson (Tigers could then dump Thomas pretty much and free space.  Tigers would probably have to pay part of Higgy's salary. 

I think the finals have been getting to you Jas. :lol:

Next up I'd try and move Thomas for Higginson (Tigers could then dump Thomas pretty much and free space.  Tigers would probably have to pay part of Higgy's salary. 

Higginson????? :huh:

I avoided commenting on that as to be not be too critical but since you brought it up --

Higginson????????????

Guest hotsoxchick1

ok i would bring up aaron miles...borchard, bring him up too that takes care of the cf position and lefty bats in our lineup with these two being switch hitters..... put botch in the relief position( till i can dump him) and make marte our closer......i dont think we need a white flag here just a few minor moves and we would be all set.. like dump the dumbasses kw got us for real players....... ;) :lol: .....i would also take a look at our minor league staff and make a few promotions come in for coaching.....id check up on fisk too and see what hes up to these days..he would make a great coaching addition..........

id check up on fisk too and see what hes up to these days..he would make a great coaching addition..........

I think so too..... he wouldn't stand in the dugout with his hands in his pockets witnessing the Dead Sox play corpseball that's for sure. However, I don't think Fisk will do anything with the White Sox in any capacity as long as JR owns the team. And I don't blame him one bit.

Guest hotsoxchick1

well besides he being a great baseball mind.. the other reason i would pick fisk is because my buddy yas there loves the guy..........it was actually his idea to seek him and give him a job....... ;)

it was actually his idea to seek him and give him a job....... ;)

:o HEY NOW!!!!! I've been very high on getting Fisk into the dugout for years now. Molto mentioned in another thread about possibly seeking Kittle as a JM (?) replacement. I'd be very happy with Kittle and/or Fisk taking coaching roles with this team. JR, however, is the obstacle.