D'Backs -- Womack

Jim Fainter

A ton of money, but thats the kind of guy we'd have to give up absolutely nothing to get, other then cash of course.

I'd rather resign our current pitchers, imo.  Womack can play center though right?

supposedly he can play center. He can steal 40+ bases, assuming he has an OBP that isn't .320 or something ridiculous. That's a concern.

Where did this Kotsay idea come from?  Are the Padres trying to trade him, or is this just wishful thinking?

Mainly wishful thinking but right now pretty much anyone with salary could go for the Padres if it would bring in a more established type player that would help draw crowds at the new park.

Konerko and Lee could be players to build a franchise around but it was just an idea I came up with.

Mainly wishful thinking but right now pretty much anyone with salary could go for the Padres if it would bring in a more established type player that would help draw crowds at the new park.

Konerko and Lee could be players to build a franchise around but it was just an idea I came up with.

Ya, you have to start somewhere. And it's not like we have all the inside info about what the Padres want to do with their lineup. But the whole thing with the salary and the new ballpark make sense. Oh, and age. I'm sure they'd love to dump Klesko here pretty soon. He'll be gone by the time they win anything.

Pete Gammons just announced tonight that Arizona would love to move Womack, because they have some young stud SS in the minors ready to bring up.  Since he is hitting under .200 and has a salary of $6 Million, maybe Kenny can swing a deal.

A $6 million salary, and a .200 average. Yep, that sounds about right for this team.