espn poll illinois 50 states in 50 days

Ishmookie

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Most memorable sports moment?

21.7% Cubs five outs from first World Series when Steve Bartman interferes with foul ball (2003) :bang This is so f***ing sad

19.2% Michael Jordan?s jumper with 5.2 seconds gives Bulls sixth title in eight years (1998)

16.5% Orval Overall beats Detroit 2-0 to wrap up the World Series for the Cubs (1908)

15.6% Bears defeat Patriots 46-10 in Super Bowl XX (1986)

12.2% Illinois rallies from 15-point deficit in final minutes to beat Arizona, reach Final Four (2005)

4.0% Babe Ruth's 'called shot' occurs during World Series game at Wrigley Field (1932)

3.7% Walter Payton passes Jim Brown as NFL's all-time rushing leader (1984)

3.3% Michael Jordan overcomes a terrible flu, scores 38 points in Game 5 of NBA Finals (1997)

2.0% The Bulls beat the Lakers in five games to win their first NBA title (1991)

1.6% Illinois' Red Grange shocks Michigan by scoring TDs on his first four carries (1924)

0.1% Hale Irwin wins U.S. Open, beating Mike Donald on 19th playoff hole at Medinah CC (1990)

3) Favorite pro team?

32.4% Chicago Cubs

31.6% Chicago White Sox

17.2% Chicago Bears

10.3% Chicago Bulls

8.5% Chicago Blackhawks

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 11:17 PM)
just so everyone knows, you can just click the white sox as your fav team... no need to answer the other 10.

PS... who gave ESPN the right to only ask favorite Cub player of all time?  That's pretty stupid.

Also in favorite moments cubs winning series in 1908 Orval Overall beats Detroit 2-0 to wrap up the World Series for the Cubs 1908 , nothing about Sox winning in 1906 VS Cubs or winning Series in 1917 VS NY Giants ......pure kiss ass Cub poll

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE(Hanky Panky @ Aug 21, 2005 -> 11:23 PM)
All I have to say is that ESPN's 50 States in 50 Days is friggin retarded. But yeah, I hope the Sox win.

Whenever I hear "Life is an open road to meeee...," that's about the time I change the channel.

It's obvious this is someones plan intended to draw ratings from areas of the nation (ideally everywhere outside of the East) by highlighting specific features of individual states.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 11:10 AM)
No doubt about it IMO.

Its sort of strange then how the cubs/sox rivaly has overcome this fact. I cant wait for football, I love the sox more than anything. But I KNOW, when the bears play, its all Bears, and thats it.