Moving...

Rex Kickass

How many times have you moved in your life?

What was the most difficult move?

What was the highest number of times that you've moved in one year?

I've moved 25 times, all since 1995.

The most difficult move was when my landlord told me that my lease expired two days before it did and I had to move in three hours.

I once moved five times in one year.

QUOTE(winodj @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 08:11 AM)
How many times have you moved in your life?

What was the most difficult move?

What was the highest number of times that you've moved in one year?

I've moved 25 times, all since 1995.

The most difficult move was when my landlord told me that my lease expired two days before it did and I had to move in three hours.

I once moved five times in one year.

Twenty-five times??? I can't even imagine moving that much. :o

Man...so like everytime you call one of your friends they must dread answering the phone as they assume you are asking them to help you move..again! :P

Counting in and out of college dorms/apartments I've moved 10 times. But that doesn't even really count so only 4.

We moved into the house we're currently living in, right before I started kindergarten.

Tomorrow will be my second move-in at college; this time I'm living in an apartment w/ 3 other people. I'm really looking forward to it.

So far, the moves have been painless. During our first move, I was probably too young to know what's going on. Plus, we only moved a few blocks away from where we originally were.

And as far as both of the college moves, I was more than ready for those. :D

4.5 moves. My parents moved into our house on Fairfield when I was a few months old, then at 16 we moved to the house on Springfield. At 24 I moved into my first apartment. Right before my 26th birthday, I moved in with Brian. About a year later the 1/2 moved happened - we had to move all our stuff to the garage and basement for the remodel/rebuild of our house.

If we move again it will either be to Seattle or rural southern Illinois.

QUOTE(winodj @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 09:25 AM)
I've consolidated over time so it's not like I had a lot to move. My last apartment in Michigan, I had a bed, desk, two folding chairs and folding table. And that was it.

Wino is sooooo poor I saw him kicking a can down the street, so I asked him what he was doing, he said "moving".

6 times.

Where my folks lived when I was born, to Florida, back to Chicago, to an apartment, to my townhouse, and now to the house I live in.

They've all been pretty uneventful. Although I now have way too much crap and don't ever want to move again. :lol:

I've moved 9 times. Moving, if I remember correctly, is the second most stressful thing after a death in the family. Well, family in general. when I moved after my divorce...it was over Thanksgiving break and my Great Aunt had just died. So, my weekend was...Thanksgiving day Thursday, funeral Friday, move Saturday!!! Weeeeee!!!

Not counting college, I lived in my parent's house for 26 years, then an apartment for a few months, then my first house with my wife. Then we moved 3 years ago from Chicago to Phoenix (wife's company moved us - and we took everything that wasn't nailed down). Unfortunately, I've spent the last 3 years trying to get rid of all the crap we moved.

Born in Chicago.

Moved to Glenview.

Moved to Buffalo Grove.

Moved to Crystal Lake.

Moved to a different house in Crystal Lake.

Moved to McHenry.

Moved back to Crystal Lake.

Moved to Harvard.

Still in Harvard.

The first move to Crystal Lake was tough at the time, but turned out to be the greatest thing that happened to me. I loved growing up in that town (it's where I am right now, as I work in Crystal Lake).

The move to a different house in C. Lake was BAD. It was a beautiful house, but things went terribly bad for my family with it.

The move to McHenry was the move out of the house. I got an apartment, and then got married.

Moving back to Crystal Lake was great. My wife and I bought our first house, which meant a kid was to follow. 1.5 years later, my daughter was born. So that house gets the best memories for my life changing in the greatest way ever.

The move to Harvard is good, due to loving the house we are in. I have great memories though of everyplace I have been, and nothing too terrible for memories, and no scars.

I hope to never, ever have to move again. I hate it with a passion. I guess the moving is O.K., but the house sale and buying SUCK.

No "official moves", just college moves.

I've moved into a dorm once, and into an apartment 3 diff times. This last one was probably close to a 'real' move, as we rented out a storage place when moving out and then a few weeks later moved in to a different place.

Michigan City 1977-1994

Berlin Germany 1994-1995

Michigan City 1995

Otterbein College 1995-1996

Frat House 1996-1997

Westerville Ohio 1997-1999

Michigan City 1999

Lawrence Kansas 1999

Michigan City 1999-2000

Different House in Michigan City 2000

First House in Michigan City again 2000

Michigan State University graduate housing 2000-2001

Apartment #1 East Lansing 2001

Apartment #2 East Lansing 2001

Apartment #3 East Lansing 2001

Apartment #2 again (after the city inspector regarded it suitable for habitation again) East Lansing 2001

boyfriend's house briefly 2002

Apartment #4 East Lansing 2002-2003

Europe (backpack) 2003

Michigan City 2003

Apartment #1 Big Rapids 2003

Apartment #2 Big Rapids 2003-2004

Long Branch New Jersey 2004-2005

Neptune City New Jersey 2005-?

I apologize, turns out it was only 23 moves since 1994.

Just a few college moves for me.

For those at UIUC, it was:

to Bromley Hall, to ISR (2x) to an apartment on Clark and then to my current place.

The only move that was a pain in the ass was freshman year when Bromley had my roommate (DonkeyKongerko) and I move from the 9th floor to the 13th floor. The staff guaranteed us help...which came only after DonkeyKongerko and I had moved 99.9% of all our crap.

QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 01:44 PM)
Just a few college moves for me.

For those at UIUC, it was:

to Bromley Hall, to ISR (2x) to an apartment on Clark and then to my current place.

The only move that was a pain in the ass was freshman year when Bromley had my roommate (DonkeyKongerko) and I move from the 9th floor to the 13th floor.  The staff guaranteed us help...which came only after DonkeyKongerko and I had moved 99.9% of all our crap.

both of my dorm moves, have been easy

last year at van doren i was on the 2nd floor (if you count ground as first)

and this year at lundgren i'm on the ground floor. Both moves were real fast. The only hard part was getting the carpet under everything.

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 09:50 AM)
I've moved 9 times.  Moving, if I remember correctly, is the second most stressful thing after a death in the family.  Well, family in general.  when I moved after my divorce...it was over Thanksgiving break and my Great Aunt had just died.  So, my weekend was...Thanksgiving day Thursday, funeral Friday, move Saturday!!!  Weeeeee!!!

If my parents should happen to die before I move again, I'll be moving into their house. Either that or I want to convince them to sell it to me eventually. It's the house I grew up in and much bigger than the POS I have now.

I know what a pain in the ass moving can be but I can't wait to move out of my current house. My only problem is that I'm not sure I could find anyone willing to buy it from me. Especially considering the money I'd have to spend to make it sellable...

To answer the question, I've moved 3 times. Twice when I was living with my parents (both before I turned 8 and all within a mile of each other) and then once into my current house.