Our best pitcher right now is Contreras

atrain081

QUOTE(atrain081 @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 02:21 PM)
Mark Buerhle is our best pitcher.  He's just in a funk right now.  I would have full confidence in him against any opponent, even Boston and Oakland.

Me too.

You win with your best guys, you lose with your best guys...

We'll be left wondering what wouldn've been if we went 0-3 with this Contreras-Garland-Duque rotation people want all of a sudden...

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What games have you been watching?  When was the last time Mark dominated a game like an ace is supposed to?  Didn't I say 'if this trend continues'? Lets face it, Mark hasn't been all that good lately.

You better check what you're smoking little man.

I'll nominate you worst member of Soxtalk.

WOW just digging your grave a little deeper I see...

What games have I been watching? Probley all of them. IF you watched any of the sox game you would realize that Mark got f***ed over his last time out, with the balk that lead to 3 runs.

DATE OPP W L ERA SV IP H ER BB SO

JUN 28 @DET 1 0 2.42 0 6.2 8 1 0 6

JUL 03 @OAK 0 1 2.58 0 6.1 14 4 2 3

JUL 09 OAK 0 1 2.58 0 7.0 6 2 2 3

JUL 16 @CLE 1 0 2.58 0 7.0 3 2 0 6

JUL 21 BOS 0 0 2.66 0 6.0 10 3 3 1

JUL 26 @KC 0 1 2.96 0 6.0 8 7 2 2

AUG 01 @BAL 1 0 2.86 0 5.2 5 0 1 3

AUG 06 SEA 1 0 2.79 0 7.0 7 1 0 3

AUG 12 @BOS 0 1 2.99 0 7.0 12 6 2 2

AUG 17 MIN 0 1 3.07 0 7.0 8 4 2 7

He pitched well Jun 28, July 9, July 16, July 21, Aug 1, and Aug 6. SO over his last 10 starts he should of gotten the win in 6 of them. If you prolong that over the corse of the year thats 21 wins in a season,but your right he shouldnt be in the playoff rotation

Little man?? your the one with the nickname "squirt" :bang

Worst member at soxtalk? yea right. I might not get along with some people sometimes, but if you ask the people here, most people dont consider me a bad memeber.

Edited by Whitesoxfan56

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 03:18 PM)
IF you watched any of the sox game you would realize that Mark got f***ed over his last time out, with the balk that lead to 3 runs.

but your right he shouldnt be in the playoff rotation

Well little man, I was at that game vs Sanatana last week and Mark didn't look too sharp. He couldn't overcome the mistake (balk).

Secondly, please show me where I said he shouldn't be in the playoff rotation. Actually this is exactly what I said-->

If the trend continues, Mark might not even make the rotation. He's been getting hit hard and has not had a solid outing in a while. I'm sure he will turn it around but you never know.

How did you turn that statement into "I don't want Mark in the playoff rotation"?? Perhaps you should learn how to read little man.

Well little man, I was at that game vs Sanatana last week and Mark didn't look too sharp.  He couldn't overcome the mistake (balk).

Secondly, please show me where I said he shouldn't be in the playoff rotation. Actually this is exactly what I said-->

If the trend continues, Mark might not even make the rotation. He's been getting hit hard and has not had a solid outing in a while. I'm sure he will turn it around but you never know.

How did you turn that statement into "I don't want Mark in the playoff rotation"??  Perhaps you should learn how to read little man.

i like when i point out a fact and you just overlook it, because you were wrong. thats real mature of you.

i was at the game as well. Mark DID NOT balk, the umpire made the wrong call that was huge in the game. being a left handed pitcher myself i think i would know if that was a balk or not, and marks pickoff move WAS NOT a balk. period

you said mark wouldnt be in the rotaion which is total bs because he is the best pitcher that the sox have. you said what you said, and everyone that posted disagreed with you, so you have to try and start backing your way out of what you said, but guess what, its not gona work this time little girl.

QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 03:33 PM)
i was at the game as well.  Mark DID NOT balk, the umpire made the wrong call that was huge in the game.  being a left handed pitcher myself i think i would know if that was a balk or not, and marks pickoff move WAS NOT a balk. period

Wow, you're actually starting to sound like Hawk. You probably don't feel Griffey could play on this roster.

you said mark wouldnt be in the rotaion which is total bs because he is the best pitcher that the sox have.

Did you not read my post?? Where did I say he wouldn't be in the rotation??? Or that I didn't want him in the rotation?? I'm starting to wonder that maybe you are illiterate and I should feel sorry for you. That's ok. I'm sur eif you keep trying you will learn how to read one day.

Edited by BigSqwert

i was at the game as well.  Mark DID NOT balk, the umpire made the wrong call that was huge in the game.  being a left handed pitcher myself i think i would know if that was a balk or not, and marks pickoff move WAS NOT a balk. period

Ha, I'm sure being a left-handed pitcher makes you more qualified to call a balk over an umpire ;)

I'm not saying you're wrong, but that wasn't a very good argument.

And can the both of you start using better comebacks instead of "little girl" and "little man" in this thread? These are some cheesy comebacks and you sound like little kids. Use some curses and spice this argument up. Be a man!

you are welcome.  Alot of short sighted people on the site today.

i guess so. I guess thats what a little hickup in the season does to people. People have to realize that this last 2 weeks, isnt how we play baseball, wow we havnt played well for two weeks, better now then in october. we still have an 8.5 game lead with the hard august almost over. if someone told me we would be 29 games over .500 with a 8.5 game lead at the beginning of march, i would have been more then willing to bet them that they would be wrong. dont get me wrong i thought we would compete for the division, but this is has been just unbelivable, and i hope it continues until the end of october!!!

GO SOX!!!

PS Rock, are you going to the core of the core outing?

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 03:40 PM)
you are welcome.  Alot of short sighted people on the site today.

Do you have any idea what the word trend means?

Trend n.

1. The general direction in which something tends to move.

2. A general tendency or inclination.

I said "If the trend continues, Mark might not even make the rotation.

Let me spell this out for you in case you didn't get your G.E.D. yet. If Mark Beurhle continues to pitch poorly....there might actually be a chance, small I'll admit, that he wouldn't make the playoff rotation.

I may be 'short sighted' but I am not an idiot like some people around here.

Wow, you're actually starting to sound like Hawk. You probably don't feel Griffey could play on this roster.

Did you not read my post??  Where did I say he wouldn't be in the rotation??? Or that I didn't want him in the rotation??  I'm starting to wonder that maybe you are illiterate and I should feel sorry for you.  That's ok.  I'm sur eif you keep trying you will learn how to read one day.

no, if you look at my aviator, i would love to have JR. on the sox. No i can read, but thanks for asking.

Ha, I'm sure being a left-handed pitcher makes you more qualified to call a balk over an umpire ;)

And can the both of you start using better comebacks instead of "little girl" and "little man" in this thread?  These are some cheesy comebacks and you sound like little kids.  Use some curses and spice this argument up.  Be a man!

yes being a left handed pitcher would be benificial in this agrument, because unlike a casual baseball fan, a left handed pitcher would know more indepth about the pickoff rules.

you get a 45 degree imaginary line as a lefty to pick off a runner, and being in the UD for that game down the 1st base line i had a great view of the pickoff. he didnt cross that line therefor it isnt a balk. but o well that play is done with.

yea, i was thinkin that as well when he was calling me a little man. at first it was kinda creapy, but i guess he calls everyone that.

anyway yesterdays game was great and i think they will have a good road trip hopefully going 8-2 or 7-3 would shut up all of the naysayers for a little longer

GO SOX!!!

I'll be there so stay clear!

:P

Can we all just get along?

ofcorse we can we are all sox fans here. its just like brother they fight but they also get along. s*** this has been a great season and i am just glad that we are arguing about who should start the playoffs, thats a great problem to have!

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 03:42 PM)
And can the both of you start using better comebacks instead of "little girl" and "little man" in this thread?  Use some curses and spice this argument up.  Be a man!

Well I was saying little man because I'm an old man and he was born in 86. Trying to be mature but I'm sure it didn't come off that way.

Now I'm waiting for Rockraines to tear into me.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 03:42 PM)

And can the both of you start using better comebacks instead of "little girl" and "little man" in this thread?  These are some cheesy comebacks and you sound like little kids.  Use some curses and spice this argument up.  Be a man!

you are a little girl!

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 03:48 PM)
I'll be there so stay clear!

:P

Can we all just get along?

im workin on getting there. I have tix for the game, but I havent bought the patio thing yet. Im always a little unorganized. I AM owed a few beers on here and I OWE a few, so I hope I can make it.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 03:47 PM)
Do you have any idea what the word trend means?

Trend n.

1. The general direction in which something tends to move.

2. A general tendency or inclination.

I said "If the trend continues, Mark might not even make the rotation.

Let me spell this out for you in case you didn't get your G.E.D. yet.  If Mark Beurhle continues to pitch poorly....there might actually be a chance, small I'll admit, that he wouldn't make the playoff rotation.

I may be 'short sighted' but I am not an idiot like some people around here.

So technically it was just a shortsighted inflamatory post... That makes it all better.

For the first 2 months of the season Contreras was our Best Pitcher. The reason his record isn't very good is because he got NO RUN SUPPORT. He struggled a little bit in June however he has picked it up recently. If you were to tell someone that Jose would have an ERA in the low 4's by this time at the start of the season they would be jumping for joy.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 06:23 PM)
For the first 2 months of the season Contreras was our Best Pitcher.  The reason his record isn't very good is because he got NO RUN SUPPORT.  He struggled a little bit in June however he has picked it up recently.  If you were to tell someone that Jose would have an ERA in the low 4's by this time at the start of the season they would be jumping for joy.

^

Exactly. I am thrilled with what we have gotten out of Contreras. And actually as well as he has pitched, I still think he would be the perfect guy to use out of the pen for the playoffs. Give him long relief and maybe some set up work. Think about that arm without having to hold anything back, or to work hitters thinking of later ABs. He could go with his A stuff for the whole outing.

QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 01:43 PM)
If, and only if, Jose playes like this the rest of the way.  And it would still be a toss up.  I just don't trust him in a big pressure situation.

Yep. Yesterday's game was the epitome on a no pressure outing.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 06:53 PM)
My playoff rotation would be Contereras, Freddy, and El Duque. I don't trust MB or JG in big games, even though they are our top two starters.

ok jonnie come lately

MB-13-6 3.07

FG- 11-5 3.65

JG- 16-7 3.43

JC- 8-7 4.08

OH- 8-6 4.75

Mark is still our best pitcher sorry. You guys are too focused on his last two outings.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 12:43 PM)
I rank him as our 4th best starter...so if they use 4 starters, I am down.  I just can't see El Pukee in the playoffs, period.  Don't like him a bit.

hmmmm....how about el duques 9-3 playoff record and unbelievable ERA in the postseason. I have more faith in him in big pressure situations than our other pitchers. him and AJ were the only guys with any emotion during that 7 game funk.

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 01:57 AM)
hmmmm....how about el duques 9-3 playoff record and unbelievable ERA in the postseason.  I have more faith in him in big pressure situations than our other pitchers.  him and AJ were the only guys with any emotion during that 7 game funk.

Didn't he start off 6-0 and has steadily declined in his more recent playoff outings?