It's just following tradition

southsideirish71

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 02:18 PM)
It's just following tradition for the White Sox to choke

And how are we goliath when they were picked to win the division and go to the world series.  We were expected to fight it out for 3rd or 4th this year.

Were not the Twins picked by some to make it to the World Series?

That asks the question who choked first?

You would figure he would wait until his team was within five games before writing an inflamatory article like that one. I wonder if he was hired out by the Twins advertising staff to give the fans a reason to go to the games this week.

QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
Ouch, but championship baseball and the city of Chicago are not two things that have gone together in the last 100 years.

Well they finally got bulletin board material after the twins were blowing kisses at them all year long. Maybe this will get them a bit more riled up for this series.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 03:24 PM)
Were not the Twins picked by some to make it to the World Series?

That asks the question who choked first?

You would figure he would wait until his team was within five games before writing an inflamatory article like that one. I wonder if he was hired out by the Twins advertising staff to give the fans a reason to go to the games this week.

Yes the Twins were, Peter Gammons selected the Twins and Cubs to play in the World Series, then I knew that both teams were doomed for this year.