John LeClair signs with Pens

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 06:18 PM)
I'll disagree here, being a goaltender myself, Giguere was a butterfly goalie, go down and use your enormous padding to stop shots.  If anything is his weakness, its his post to post movement.  I've never heard him be criticized about his glove hand before.  I've heard him criticized about puck handling though...

glove, side-to-side, puck-handling. they mentioned it all during the 03 Finals.

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 12:26 AM)
LOL, what a credible source... JockBio.com, I think Peter Gammons and Bruce Levine write for them.

hey it's all I could find, I didn't exactly record the 2003 Finals or have anything else readily available. the point is there's someone else who agrees, and that was way too long to be written by someone who has no idea what they're talking about. you're in the same boat as me, neither of us has seen him play in more than a year, and I'm the only one with a smidgen of proof, other than "I'm a goalie," which doesn't mean much because I've also played hockey my whole life, and while I suck at goalie, I'm still somewhat knowledgeable about it.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 11:35 PM)
hey it's all I could find, I didn't exactly record the 2003 Finals or have anything else readily available.  the point is there's someone else who agrees, and that was way too long to be written by someone who has no idea what they're talking about.  you're in the same boat as me, neither of us has seen him play in more than a year, and I'm the only one with a smidgen of proof, other than "I'm a goalie," which doesn't mean much because I've also played hockey my whole life, and while I suck at goalie, I'm still somewhat knowledgeable about it.

I'll disagree again, I've seen him play more than a year... I always thought he was gonna suck until 2002.

But the guys writing on that site are biographers who did guys like Jason Kidd and Marshal Faulk, not hockey analysts...

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 12:39 AM)
I'll disagree again, I've seen him play more than a year... I always thought he was gonna suck until 2002.

But the guys writing on that site are biographers who did guys like Jason Kidd and Marshal Faulk, not hockey analysts...

no I said you haven't seen him play since last year (remember, there was a lockout?).

and the guys at that site probably get their scouting info from the guys like Peter Gammons or Barry Melrose. I've been skimming over random MLB players' bios on there, and it all seems to be compiled from other sources.

edit: IN FACT, everything in Derrek Lee's bio is mentioned in the story SI did about him a few weeks back.

Edited by AirScott

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 01:01 AM)
Ok then, I'm completely wrong, Giguere's weakness MUST be his glove...

what in the hell is wrong with you? I'm going by memory of something said in 2003, and have found some evidence to back it up. he also plays like crap when he's not positioning himself well, because getting in good position is his bread and butter. you haven't brought me anything raving about his glove, and I've been looking myself too. and various sites have players and coaches quotes about him, and none of those say good things about his glove, just footwork and positioning (what a coincidence! all the quotes about him in those pages are positive quotes!)