Career Tossup

Tadahito15

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 12:07 AM)
No.  I seriously am glad that you have things figured out as to what you want to do.  Some people go through life not knowing at all.  It's a compliment.  Just don't be afraid of the curveballs you're going to get thrown, because there will be some.  You don't have it all figured out, no one does, from that sense.

I appreciate it...

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 11:03 PM)
IMO, I'll have time for fun when I am out of school. My god-damn business as 16 year old is to worry about school, get my as an education, and not turn into a f***ing bum living in the streets, asking for change, and smoking and drinking by the age of 21. I am sorry if I have different views on life and different opinions than other but deal with it. How about instead of badgering someone who is trying to become something in life, give him props for how he is busting his ass while everyon is out smoking and drinking and and getting dumb b****es pregnant. I'm sorry. Call me a lame. Call me dumb. Call me whatever the f*** you want but don't f***ing disrespect me forbusting my ass!!!

IMO, this is not the best way to go about things. Talk to 97% of all 35+ year olds and most will tell you that they wish they made more out of their time in HS. I have absolutley no regrets about what I did in HS and I'm perfectly setup for my future. I know that when I hit 40 years old I'll look back at my HS experience and think of how great that time was and how I made the most of it.

You can't gaurantee yourself "fun" after HS. To say that when you're done with school you'll start living is pretty dumb.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 09:58 PM)
I can't dude. All this age s*** is bulls***. I'm f***ing tired of it. There are posters younger than me here...cough you cough....but when I give my opinion, I get badgered with "Shut the f*** up you 7 year old." AHHHHHHHHHHH! :fight  :banghead  :banghead  :banghead  :banghead  :banghead  :banghead  :banghead  :banghead  :banghead  :banghead

Too f***ing bad. Most teenagers, especially ones who are 13-17 are dumb as f***ing bricks. We all had to go through it so don't think you're above everyone else in your age demographic.

QUOTE(farmteam @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 10:29 PM)
On the Sports Management thing, I heard Ohio University had a decent one, dunno if that's true or not.  A lot of the big schools have those programs though.

Also, just passing along some advice I heard in regards to sports management: Major in business instead, and minor in something that will angle you toward where you want to go.  This way, you'll have a few more options with that degree.  Not saying you should do that, just saying it's what I heard.

Yep. Loyola does.

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 12:14 AM)
Too f***ing bad. Most teenagers, especially ones who are 13-17 are dumb as f***ing bricks. We all had to go through it so don't think you're above everyone else in your age demographic.

<_>

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 11:14 PM)

^ He's right

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 12:14 AM)
IMO, this is not the best way to go about things. Talk to 97% of all 35+ year olds and most will tell you that they wish they made more out of their time in HS. I have absolutley no regrets about what I did in HS and I'm perfectly setup for my future. I know that when I hit 40 years old I'll look back at my HS experience and think of how great that time was and how I made the most of it.

You can't gaurantee yourself "fun" after HS. To say that when you're done with school you'll start living is pretty dumb.

Well, this is the way I choose to go about things. I have priorities in my life and I have gaols set for myself. Believe me, I have fun at school, just not as much as most. I was rasied a certain way and thats all I can do...

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 11:14 PM)

Hah, I'll be one of the first to tell you I have less Common Sense than Thomas Payne.

Wait a minute... :P

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 12:19 AM)
I know wtf...i (unlike you) don't think I know everything there is to know

Dude, you don't f***ing know me. Tell me when I said that I knew everything there is to know. I dare you to find it. I don't act that way because how I act on a f***ing internet message board may be different than how I act in real life and just because I have different opinions, I shouldn't be shunned from everything. If someone has a problem with me, I want them to tell me to my f***ing face not badger me infront of everyone to try to look cool. Guess what. It's the internet. Your not f***ing cool. I could give 2 s***s less about what people think of me but i you dont like me, tell me. Don't beat around the bush with all this s*** about age and how I think I know everything and how I am different than everyone. Pshhhh.

I'm a little late coming into this conversation but, recently 2 of my best friends left for college. Guys that were there with me throughout my 3 years in high school. It really got me thinking about my future and how much the social part of high school means to me.

Now, as Senior, I realize that I want to make the best out of this last year with my friends. Because who knows what's going to happen in the future. SF1, I think you may have your priorities in line to a certain extent, but hell, these are the years where it's ok to screw up once in awhile and to do things you probably arent supposed to do.

Yes, it's great that you picked your major, etc. But, it will probably change and right now, IMO, you need to focus on making the best of high school and having fun.

Edited by Pauly8509CWS

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 11:33 PM)
I'm a little late coming into this conversation but, recently 2 of my best friends left for college.  Guys that were there with me throughout my 3 years in high school.  It really got me thinking about my future and how much the social part of high school means to me. 

Now, as  Senior, I realize that I want to make the best out of this last year with my friends.  Because who knows what's going to happen in the future.  SF1, I think you may have your priorities in line to a certain extent, but hell, these are the years where it's ok to screw up once in awhile and to do things you probably arent supposed to do.

Yes, it's great that you picked your major, etc.  But, it will probably change and right now, IMO, you need to focus on making the best of high school and having fun.

Seeing from you location if you go to Oak Forest HS how do you have fun :lolhitting

Edited by ScottPodRulez22

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 12:33 AM)
I'm a little late coming into this conversation but, recently 2 of my best friends left for college.  Guys that were there with me throughout my 3 years in high school.  Now, as  Senior, I realize that I want to make the best out of this last year with my friends.  Because who knows what's going to happen in the future.  SF1, I think you may have your priorities in line to a certain extent, but hell, these are the years where it's ok to screw up once in awhile and to do things you probably arent supposed to do.

Yes, it's great that you picked your major, etc.  But, it will probably change and right now, IMO, you need to focus on making the best of high school and having fun.

I don't know about any of you guys but I am certainly not gonna slack off and f*** up my "future" in my junior year. All I am doing is repeating myself. I am super-f***ing-stressed right now and my life is crumbling as I speak but I am not gonne let that s*** stop me. I respect all of your guys opinions but there is no way you going to change my mind about this. Like I said earlier, I am having a lot of fun in school but school is my main priority outside of being a good brother and helping out since my punk-ass pussy father left. Family, school, then fun. That sums it up for me. s***, I;m not having enough fun? I just joined soccer last week and I am having a blast.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 04:03 AM)
IMO, I'll have time for fun when I am out of school. My god-damn business as 16 year old is to worry about school, get my as an education, and not turn into a f***ing bum living in the streets, asking for change, and smoking and drinking by the age of 21. I am sorry if I have different views on life and different opinions than other but deal with it. How about instead of badgering someone who is trying to become something in life, give him props for how he is busting his ass while everyon is out smoking and drinking and and getting dumb b****es pregnant. I'm sorry. Call me a lame. Call me dumb. Call me whatever the f*** you want but don't f***ing disrespect me forbusting my ass!!!

I think it is pretty hilarious that you talk about smoking and drinking at the age of 21 like it is the devil. Now, I don't smoke personally. However, I am at a major state university of around 20,000 people and about half the people I know smoke and about 90% of them drink at the very least socially.

I would really suggest that you try to loosen up and have fun while you are young. Once you get out of school you will more than likely be busting your ass trying to find a job, pay bills, take care of loans and try to do about 500 other things that you won't have time for. You have to enjoy the time you have while you can because you never konw when your life can change, be disrupted or end. You only have so many days on this earth and you should live every one like it is your last. Life is too short to be serious and gung ho about things like deciding what color drapes your guest house is going to have. Just have fun, take care of your s*** and most of all never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive in the end anyways.

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 10:33 PM)
I'm a little late coming into this conversation but, recently 2 of my best friends left for college.  Guys that were there with me throughout my 3 years in high school.  It really got me thinking about my future and how much the social part of high school means to me. 

Now, as  Senior, I realize that I want to make the best out of this last year with my friends.  Because who knows what's going to happen in the future.  SF1, I think you may have your priorities in line to a certain extent, but hell, these are the years where it's ok to screw up once in awhile and to do things you probably arent supposed to do.

Great f***in post. I just started college this week and I had to leave all my friends as my best friends are all going to different colleges. Enjoy you're senior year, I had an absolute blast last year during my senior year. I screwed off a ton, a little to much but it didn't kill me. Have fun, don't f***in worry about your career yet.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 12:38 AM)
I think it is pretty hilarious that you talk about smoking and drinking at the age of 21 like it is the devil.  Now, I don't smoke personally.  However, I am at a major state university of around 20,000 people and about half the people I know smoke and about 90% of them drink at the very least socially. 

I would really suggest that you try to loosen up and have fun while you are young.  Once you get out of school you will more than likely be busting your ass trying to find a job, pay bills, take care of loans and try to do about 500 other things that you won't have time for.  You have to enjoy the time you have while you can because you never konw when your life can change, be disrupted or end.  You only have so many days on this earth and you should live every one like it is your last.  Life is too short to be serious and gung ho about things like deciding what color drapes your guest house is going to have.  Just have fun, take care of your s*** and most of all never take life seriously.  Nobody gets out alive in the end anyways.

See, this just reflect on the fact that you don't know me. And no offense to you but it is true. I am one of the goofiest people on the world and I am willing to do a lot of stuff. I don't know where this "have no fun" thing got attached to me but it just isn't true. As far as drinking, no thanks. And FYI, when I say smoking, I mean drugs...and I will have none of that either.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 12:40 AM)
Great f***in post.  I just started college this week and I had to leave all my friends as my best friends are all going to different colleges.  Enjoy you're senior year, I had an absolute blast last year during my senior year.  I screwed off a ton, a little to much but it didn't kill me.  Have fun, don't f***in worry about your career yet.

Did the fact that I am a JUNIOR in HIGH SCHOOL get lost somewhere in this thread or what?