Career Tossup

Tadahito15

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 10:43 PM)
Did the fact that I am a JUNIOR in HIGH SCHOOL get lost somewhere in this thread or what?

Well, I was talking to pauly when I said have fun senior year. Anyways, you should loosen up a bit but if that's how you want to be, more power to you. Just remember you'll be going away in a few years and all your close friends are probably going off to different schools so have some fun and don't just think about school the whole time.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 10:38 PM)
I don't know about any of you guys but I am certainly not gonna slack off and f*** up my "future" in my junior year. All I am doing is repeating myself. I am super-f***ing-stressed right now and my life is crumbling as I speak but I am not gonne let that s*** stop me. I respect all of your guys opinions but there is no way you going to change my mind about this.

Look, we're just saying the best thing to do is loosen up a little bit, so what if youre stressed, who isnt? Everyone has problems and s*** to deal with. Make your junior year fun.

By the way, I stayed out till 2 am the night before my ACT, and went to a party. I got a 28.

Here's a quote from Tom Petty describing college that I think would apply here:

"You have four years to be irresponsible here. Relax. Work is for people with jobs. You'll never remember class time, but you'll remember time you wasted hanging out with your friends. So, stay out late. Go out on a Tuesday with your friends when you have a paper due Wednesday. Spend money you don't have. Drink 'til sunrise. The work never ends, but college does"

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 11:38 PM)
I think it is pretty hilarious that you talk about smoking and drinking at the age of 21 like it is the devil.  Now, I don't smoke personally.  However, I am at a major state university of around 20,000 people and about half the people I know smoke and about 90% of them drink at the very least socially. 

I would really suggest that you try to loosen up and have fun while you are young.  Once you get out of school you will more than likely be busting your ass trying to find a job, pay bills, take care of loans and try to do about 500 other things that you won't have time for.  You have to enjoy the time you have while you can because you never konw when your life can change, be disrupted or end.  You only have so many days on this earth and you should live every one like it is your last.  Life is too short to be serious and gung ho about things like deciding what color drapes your guest house is going to have.  Just have fun, take care of your s*** and most of all never take life seriously.  Nobody gets out alive in the end anyways.

I didn't even read his entire quote. I can't believe that bum line. I drank in HS, I didn't smoke (tobacco) and I'm not set out to be a bum. I got my s*** in order over my junior and senior years and at the same time managed to have a damn good time.

You can do things that might be taboo and at times illegal in high school and still come out of it with a plan for the future, just because you want to be successful in life doesn't mean that you cant's have fun when you're young, you just have to keep your head on straight, try to make smart decisions and enjoy yourself.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 12:45 AM)
Well, I was talking to pauly when I said have fun senior year.  Anyways, you should loosen up a bit but if that's how you want to be, more power to you.  Just remember you'll be going away in a few years and all your close friends are probably going off to different schools so have some fun and don't just think about school the whole time.

See, this is what I don't get. Where in the hell did "No-Fun SoxFan1" come from?

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 04:42 AM)
See, this just reflect on the fact that you don't know me. And no offense to you but it is true. I am one of the goofiest people on the world and I am willing to do a lot of stuff. I don't know where this "have no fun" thing got attached to me but it just isn't true. As far as drinking, no thanks. And FYI, when I say smoking, I mean drugs...and I will have none of that either.

I don't claim to know you personally. I am just judging by the things you are saying such as how stressed you are and how nervous you are to decide a college, career path, major, etc. I just want you to be sure you live your life to the fullest and enjoy being young while you can. It is about the only time in your life you can make dumb ass mistakes and get away with it. I wouldn't suggest postponing fun for after you get out of school either. That was partially my thought process early in college as well. During that time I was f***ing miserable and anti-social as well. I am just glad I made changes and got out there moreI just don't want you to make the same mistake I nearly made and ruin your late high school and college experience. I don't think you are boring or un-fun. I am just giving you personal experience and letting you know you should do what you can while you have a chance.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 12:46 AM)
I didn't even read his entire quote. I can't believe that bum line. I drank in HS, I didn't smoke (tobacco) and I'm not set out to be a bum. I got my s*** in order over my junior and senior years and at the same time managed to have a damn good time.

You can do things that might be taboo and at times illegal in high school and still come out of it with a plan for the future, just because you want to be successful in life doesn't mean that you cant's have fun when you're young, you just have to keep your head on straight, try to make smart decisions and enjoy yourself.

Well, IMO, the category of making smart decisions doesn't have smoking and drinking in it.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 11:38 PM)
I don't know about any of you guys but I am certainly not gonna slack off and f*** up my "future" in my junior year. All I am doing is repeating myself. I am super-f***ing-stressed right now and my life is crumbling as I speak but I am not gonne let that s*** stop me. I respect all of your guys opinions but there is no way you going to change my mind about this. Like I said earlier, I am having a lot of fun in school but school is my main priority outside of being a good brother and helping out since my punk-ass pussy father left. Family, school, then fun. That sums it up for me. s***, I;m not having enough fun? I just joined soccer last week and I am having a blast.

This is a very scary line comming from a person this young. I understand I'm only 3 years older but I've never felt like my life was crumbling. I've been stressed but I've always found good ways to relieve stress such as lifting weights and just working out in general, exercise is a good release. There are other ways to relieve stress that work much better....

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 04:48 AM)
Well, IMO, the category of making smart decisions doesn't have smoking and drinking in it.

I drink and party quite a bit in college. I go out as well as have a good time while I am around others that smoke. I have maintained a high GPA, completed my major and I am 16 credit hours from graduating. Since I drink I must fall into the "Bum"category though, right? :P

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 04:49 AM)
This is a very scary line comming from a person this young. I understand I'm only 3 years older but I've never felt like my life was crumbling. I've been stressed but I've always found good ways to relieve stress such as lifting weights and just working out in general, exercise is a good release. There are other ways to relieve stress that work much better....

That was the same line that got me and prompted me to say much of what I said. I feel bad that you are getting this stressed at such a young age when you don't have to really make any difficult decisions yet. I agree on the working out or getting outside and doing some activity. That is the best way to cool off.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 12:48 AM)
I don't claim to know you personally.  I am just judging by the things you are saying such as how stressed you are and how nervous you are to decide a college, career path, major, etc.  I just want you to be sure you live your life to the fullest and enjoy being young while you can.  It is about the only time in your life you can make dumb ass mistakes and get away with it.  I wouldn't suggest postponing fun for after you get out of school either.  That was partially my thought process early in college as well.  During that time I was f***ing miserable and anti-social as well.  I am just glad I made changes and got out there moreI just don't want you to make the same mistake I nearly made and ruin your late high school and college experience.  I don't think you are boring or un-fun.  I am just giving you personal experience and letting you know you should do what you can while you have a chance.

See, that's the thing. Those who offer me their opinion do not know me or my parents (well, mom) My older sister is 25 and I listen to her most because she has expereinced it all and she knows me the best. She slacked off in HS but made up for it in college. Now, she has been working for like 4 years since she graduated college and she is having more fun than anyone I have ever seen in my entire lifetime! I respect your opinion but it doesnt apply to me. Yes, I have been very uptight and highstrung and stressed since my dad left but what do you want me to do? There is no such thing as sympathy in the world anymore and I learned that the hard way...

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 12:49 AM)

I work out once a day and I have soccer practice ffor 3 hours a day, it doesnt help. The only reason I am saying this is because of the constant birrage of what has been going on. In the last 2 months....for the people who have referred to "curveballs".....well, Zack Greinke is pitching to me.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 12:50 AM)
I drink and party quite a bit in college.  I go out as well as have a good time while I am around others that smoke.  I have maintained a high GPA, completed my major and I am 16 credit hours from graduating.  Since I drink I must fall into the "Bum"category though, right? :P

No, I wouldn't call you a bum, I'd call you a hard worker who seperates outside life from school and learned to overcome obstacles.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 12:56 AM)
I work out once a day and I have soccer practice ffor 3 hours a day, it doesnt help. The only reason I am saying this is because of the constant birrage of what has been going on. In the last 2 months....for the people who have referred to "curveballs".....well, Zack Greinke is pitching to me.

To add on to that, people on a god damn message board, on the f***ing internet, who don't even know me....despise me. :o

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 11:56 PM)

Felix Hernandez has a better curveball.

I know the one thing that always used to get me through stressful times in High School and I'm not gonna recommend it to you because you are pretty young and seem to have some set moral values but I know whenever I was stressed or just had to I'd go out and get laid. IMO, #1 legal stress reliever.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 01:00 AM)
Felix Hernandez has a better curveball.

I know the one thing that always used to get me through stressful times in High School and I'm not gonna recommend it to you because you are pretty young and seem to have some set moral values but I know whenever I was stressed or just had to I'd go out and get laid. IMO, #1 legal stress reliever.

I doubt it would help. It won't relieve the stress the next day although head is great when you (oddly enough) have a headache...

EDIT: Oh, and well, there is my point. Beautifully bolded.

Edited by SoxFan1

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 04:59 AM)
To add on to that, people on a god damn message board, on the f***ing internet, who don't even know me....despise me.  :o

I don't despise you and I don't think a lot of people on this board do either. They just see your reactions and sometimes your overreactions and like to poke fun at you. We all just want to give you our advice and take a warning that you can't plan fun for a far away date and time. Nobody hates or despises you. Just loosen up, everything will be alright.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 01:03 AM)
I don't despise you and I don't think a lot of people on this board do either.  They just see your reactions and sometimes your overreactions and like to poke fun at you.  We all just want to give you our advice and take a warning that you can't plan fun for a far away date and time.  Nobody hates or despises you.  Just loosen up, everything will be alright.

No offense but this entire post just cracks me up except for the bolded part. If you only knew. Shoot, I can name at least 1 person who has replied to THIS thread that doesn't like me and me AND you don't even know what people say on AIM and through PM's...trust me on this one, I think I would know.

Just to add,

SF1, did you ever think we all aren't out to get you?

There's a reason why everyone takes things wrong when you say it, you come off with an attitude and it shows through.

Believe it or not, some of us were trying to help and show you your attitude problem. (ie: kap and others), but you chose the wrong path to go.

You burn your own bridges.

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 11:36 PM)

There's a reason why everyone takes things wrong when you say it, you come off with an attitude and it shows through.

Believe it or not, some of us were trying to help and show you your attitude problem. (ie: kap and others), but you chose the wrong path to go.

Brilliantly stated.

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 01:36 AM)
Just to add,

No no no. I understand that some of you tried to help but it never should have gotten to that point in the 1st place. I stated my opinion to the original post and got attacked for it. Why? I'd love to know. Why? I never said I knew everything and in that post, I never told Tadahito15 what to do. I stated my opinion and made sure to add that in the end it was his decision not ours. But of course, instead of just responding positively, he had to question my opnion because of my age. Why? Was it necessary?

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 05:36 AM)
Just to add,

I agree, thats exactly how I saw it as well. Well put SnB.

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 12:36 AM)
Just to add,

I just read through this thread, was about to post something long, but then saw this post. Done.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 05:40 AM)
No no no. I understand that some of you tried to help but it never should have gotten to that point in the 1st place. I stated my opinion to the original post and got attacked for it. Why? I'd love to know. Why? I never said I knew everything and in that post, I never told Tadahito15 what to do. I stated my opinion and made sure to add that in the end it was his decision not ours. But of course, instead of just responding positively, he had to question my opnion because of my age. Why? Was it necessary?

Dude, we'd take you seriously, but you're what, five, six years old?

Before you get all pissy, I'm just kidding. :D :P

Pauly, speaking of parties and having a good time, I gotta go to one before school starts. I need to... uhh... "cleanse" myself... rather... heal the pain that is reading Jane Eyre.