Sox @ Minneapolis--Game 1--8/23/05

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Brian @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 08:18 PM)
Thought that was at least off the baggy for sure. Metrodome must wait til Twins come up to turn those fans on.

What ever became of that story? Does Major League Baseball keep an eye on that crap?

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 07:21 PM)
...the big story here is Iguchi's inability to get the man over the past few weeks.

he's really been struggling in that department lately, oddly enough, that's the department he excelled at the first half.

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:23 AM)
he's really been struggling in that department lately, oddly enough, that's the department he excelled at the first half.

I'm sure we'd have to lose 20 games in a row before any serious changes were made to the greatest team ever assembled, but I don't see why we can't let Rowand bat 2nd, and Iguchi 3rd.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 06:27 PM)
I'm sure we'd have to lose 20 games in a row before any serious changes were made to the greatest team ever assembled, but I don't see why we can't let Rowand bat 2nd, and Iguchi 3rd.

The problem is Rowand has sucked big time too. Maybe a lineup shakeup would help out though. I'm all for Iguchi batting 3rd.

QUOTE(jphat007 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:28 AM)
The problem is Rowand has sucked big time too. Maybe a lineup shakeup would help out though. I'm all for Iguchi batting 3rd.

Exactly, maybe moving Rowand up in the order would get him going. He's just as good as hitting to the opposite field as Iguchi is. As a matter of fact, Iguchi might be our worst hitter when it comes to runners in motion. He gives himself up so often when Pods is trying to run, and he has a ton of strikeouts because of it.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 06:29 PM)
Exactly, maybe moving Rowand up in the order would get him going.  He's just as good as hitting to the opposite field as Iguchi is.  As a matter of fact, Iguchi might be our worst hitter when it comes to runners in motion.  He gives himself up so often when Pods is trying to run, and he has a ton of strikeouts because of it.

None of it really matters when Santana faces us though. Cept for that one horrible game when he was hurt.