Sox @ Minneapolis--Game 1--8/23/05

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 06:55 PM)
The Sox are 1 for their last 19 w/RISP.... It could be worse, but I didn't go back farther than the 5-0 game.

i don't think i wan't to know any further back than that... seeing something like that makes you think our luck has to change soon.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:54 AM)
I was going to mention this in one of the many threads on this site dealing with this.  When Ozzie and KW say they're comfortable with what we have, that's a problem to me.  It just seems like we're a little complacent.  Instead of just going with what we have in order to try and make a run in the playoffs, I like the attitude a lot more of adding on to what you have in order to be a better team.  Oh well, there's no point of b****ing about it too much.

What do you except them to say? "Yeah, we suck offensively, and we're looking to add a bat, preferably a DH type."

Be a little more realistic than that. You and I both know that Kenny Williams is doing anything to bring offensive help to this team...

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 07:58 PM)
Shannon Stewart = fragile

Yeah, he needs to start thinking about playing in grass also. The Skydome and the Metrodome are too much with that hard turf, just waiting for an accident. Even though this time was the wall that did it.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:59 AM)
Be a little more realistic than that.  You and I both know that Kenny Williams is doing anything to bring offensive help to this team...

I disagree w/that. I think they either want to add a superstar like Griffey Jr., or nothing at all. Ozzie also doesn't want to be put in a situation where he'd have to bench Everett or Dye every other night, etc. I just think there are a lot of other players available, who aren't superstars, that could really add to this offense.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 08:00 PM)
I disagree w/that.  I think they either want to add a superstar like Griffey Jr., or nothing at all.  Ozzie also doesn't want to be put in a situation where he'd have to bench Everett or Dye every other night, etc.  I just think there are a lot of other players available, who aren't superstars, that could really add to this offense.

Did you have anybody in mind?

The addition we did make might dispute that idea, but I'm wondering if you had somebody in mind.

I just think he's doing his job and exploring as many avenues as possible.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 01:02 AM)
Rowand has a very long swing right now, especially for him. His swing last year was as compact as I have ever seen.

Big difference I've noticed in Rowand is that he's been fouling off a TON of good pitches to hit over the first base dugout. Also, he had a lot more doubles down the left field line last season. That all relates back to having too long of a swing this seaosn.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 07:02 PM)
Did you have anybody in mind?

The addition we did make might dispute that idea, but I'm wondering if you had somebody in mind.

I just think he's doing his job and exploring as many avenues as possible.

Guys were traded that could have helped this team. KW is looking for the home run or nothing. Nothing would be a disaster.