Sox @ Minneapolis--Game 1--8/23/05

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 06:22 PM)
I'm not even being pessimistic when I say that's very possible with our schedule the way it is, and the pitchers we face.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that thought makes me physically ill. Regardless of the season outcome, this August would have to be considered a major collapse.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 01:25 AM)
I'm not exaggerating when I say that thought makes me physically ill. Regardless of the season outcome, this August would have to be considered a major collapse.

I've been preaching all year that I didn't think we'd maintain our lead, but never in my wildest dreams did I think we'd lose 5 or 6 games in the standings so quickly. We just need to win some games, especially ones like tonight that are toss-ups.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 07:17 PM)
Maybe the players should vote to forfeit the games they have to face Santana. They look like they have no chance.

Sure do.

I'm honestly tired of hearing the excuse of his dominace justifying our ineptitude. You eventually have to learn how to adapt to Santana. Yes, he's one of the best pitchers in the league. But if this team continues to believe, as many on this board do, they're destined to lose every game against Santana no one will score. He'll be facing this club for a longgggg time. Learn now or continue chalking up losses.

This team should consider changing their approaches: maybe look exclusively for a changeup one at bat, swing first pitch fastball next, or take every single pitch without swinging another. I'm tired of watching Santana throw 2 hits through 6 innings EVERY start. Not even a pitcher of his caliber should be doing that to a team sitting atop the American League.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 07:31 PM)
:lolhitting

isn't he the worst? I want to reach through the screen and throttle that tool!

especially when the play the sox... the twins can do nothing wrong and the sox are terrible

Edited by fullcollapse