Sox @ Minneapolis--Game 1--8/23/05

guys, for once this isn't ALL the sox being terrible today. Santana is being filthy. But yes, 1 run could have been achieved already if the sox had executed. Agaisnt pitchers like this, you have to execute, the sox did not.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 01:52 AM)
yeah, he will be the second guy over .280 (.282)

I guess the playoffs will be the time to test the "good pitching beats good hitting" theorem, huh?

Well, my only hope is we get there in order to test that theory.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 08:54 PM)
Question.

Since there has been endless b****ing tonight about the O, why is everyone so scared of Minny coming back to win the wildcard/divison? We have outhit them tonight obviously, and as of tonight, it looks like Freddy is the better pitcher against the Twins than Santana over the Sox.

What are the Twins thinking??

the twins aren't doing s*** this year.

i don't even think the indians will.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 01:54 AM)
Question.

Since there has been endless b****ing tonight about the O, why is everyone so scared of Minny coming back to win the wildcard/divison? We have outhit them tonight obviously, and as of tonight, it looks like Freddy is the better pitcher against the Twins than Santana over the Sox.

What are the Twins thinking??

Garcia is having an amazing night, as is Santana. However, during the 2nd half of the season, Santana has been the far superior pitcher. Personally, I'm a lot more worried about the Indians and their dynamic offense.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 07:55 PM)
Garcia is having an amazing night, as is Santana.  However, during the 2nd half of the season, Santana has been the far superior pitcher.  Personally, I'm a lot more worried about the Indians and their dynamic offense.

who starts in teh playoffs (if we get there) buerhle in game 1 for sure prolly, but who game 2??? i give the nod to freddy, and even before this i would have cuz i think he has more experience than garland