Sox @ Minneapolis--Game 1--8/23/05

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 02:20 AM)
We aren't going to make the f***ing playoffs, look how easy the Indians schedule is, they are coming

If we continue to play like s*** vs Twins and Indians, we'll be finishing in 3rd place in the division. This offense has absolutely no confidence at the plate. I'm so thrilled we can count on our great manager to provide expert strategy to produce runs for the Sox when we can't score.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 09:20 PM)
If we keep this offense the rest of the way, KW should be fired, and not Walker.  This offense just doesn't have enough, especially against tough pitchers you'd face IF  you make the playoffs.

Absolutely! This Small Ball / Smart Ball s*** is such BS. The Sox won so many 1 run games - which meant luck would eventually run out. Well, it has. I am just hoping for the Wild Card spot now.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 08:20 PM)
Is this the beginning of the end or will they turn it around?

unfortunately I'm going with the beginning of the end. Contending teams can't lose these games. 7 games ahead with 6 left against the Indians. Indians have a come from behind win today, they have all the momentum. That's it, I called the season last year after the Torii Hunter colision with the catcher game, and I get that same feeling tonight, this team is TOAST!

Thanks Freddy, the only way you would of won is if you threw a no no and these mopes werent swinging for the fences.

So much for the short quick swings of one inning on sunday. f***ing Arow is choping wood out there.

The only one who had good swings on the ball was Kong.

Hopefully we can get the wild card. 7 games up and we are dropping like a rock.

Last week we were up by 15! We have dropped 8 f***ing games.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 07:19 PM)
Time to can Walker, I'm sorry, but we need a guy with fresh ideas in there....

Like a coach who will introduce the idea that the Sox string together a few hits? Walker must be crazy. Telling these guys to go up and swing at the first pitch, strikeout, or pop-up. :bang

A 1 hitter by Freddie and he gets the loss. f***ING PATHETIC. Bring up the AAA lineup. I'd rather see them. And ''Crash'', HE SUCKS. What a shame. This is so pathetic. They aint doing s***. Look out the Tribe is now 7 games behind. Good luck Sox. The only team on this team is the pitching. PATHETIC.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 02:20 AM)

Even with this game, I have the feeling they're gonna kill the Twins tomorrow night....Damn shame for Freddy but you hang a curveball to the biggest hack in their lineup and you deserve to go down....

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 08:20 PM)
If we keep this offense the rest of the way, KW should be fired, and not Walker.  This offense just doesn't have enough, especially against tough pitchers you'd face IF  you make the playoffs.

First Walker then Kenny, I'm tired of all this bulls***. I don't care if I'm the only one on this messageboards that want Walker gone, but I DO.

None of our guys are taking the ball opposite field anymore, (Pierzynski especially) wtf is wrong with this team.

God dammit, if we don't make the play-offs I'm going to have emotional issues for awhile.

CWSOX45

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 02:20 AM)

Even with this game, I have the feeling they're gonna kill the Twins tomorrow night....Damn shame for Freddy but you hang a curveball to the biggest hack in their lineup and you deserve to go down....

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 09:20 PM)

Fathom,

I don't get it? Why KW should be fired? Who is he going to trade for now? The players only have themselves to blame if this team actually collapse. You whine too much man.

Calm down man. Think of it this way. Tomorrow is the brand new 40-game season, and the Sox have 7 games up on the Indians. I take our chances, wouldn't you? Ask all of the Indians fans to see which they would choose.

QUOTE(S720 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 09:26 PM)
Fathom,

I don't get it?  Why KW should be fired?  Who is he going to trade for now?  The players only have themselves to blame if this team actually collapse.  You whine too much man.

Calm down man.  Think of it this way.  Tomorrow is the brand new 40-game season, and the Sox have 7 games up on the Indians.  I take our chances, wouldn't you?  Ask all of the Indians fans to see which they would choose.

If I were a CLE fan, I honestly think I would like the greenness of my grass right now.

QUOTE(Allsox @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 09:23 PM)

I hope so, but this has to be hard to swallow. MB has to go out tomorrow and pitch better than Freddy to win. We need Jason Marquis, at DH.

QUOTE(S720 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 02:26 AM)
Fathom,

I don't get it?  Why KW should be fired?  Who is he going to trade for now?  The players only have themselves to blame if this team actually collapse.  You whine too much man.

Excuse me, but I've been saying for over a month now that KW, Ozzie, and the rest of the Sox organization tried to just coast into the playoffs. KW and Ozzie were too busy worrying about the team chemistry instead of trying to find integral parts that could help the team. Instead of actually having a good 4th outfielder, Ozzie would rather have Timo on the bench. I know a lot of people dislike me on this board, but I think all of them will state that I've been saying we weren't as good as our record all season. I'm a Sox fan, but I'm also a baseball fan....and this offense just has way too many easy outs.

Obviously the 4 homer 6 run explosion against Johnson was a fluke. It was the only inning this team has scored in the last 34. If the offense isn't addressed soon, this will be the most dissappointing season in White Sox history. Tough luck for Garcia as he becomes the first White Sox pitcher ever to lose a one hitter.

QUOTE(S720 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 08:26 PM)
Fathom,

Calm down man.  Think of it this way.  Tomorrow is the brand new 40-game season, and the Sox have 7 games up on the Indians.  I take our chances, wouldn't you?  Ask all of the Indians fans to see which they would choose.

7 games looks a lot better than it is. Sox have dropped 8 in a short time, and 6 head to head left with Indians surging and Sox slumping.

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 02:28 AM)
If I were a CLE fan, I honestly think I would like the greenness of my grass right now.

Indians control their own destiny just as much as we do now. I've never seen an offense as confident they can come back in a game as much as the Indians now. Also, the Indians are now getting all the lucky breaks that we did earlier in the year.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 09:29 PM)
Excuse me, but I've been saying for over a month now that KW, Ozzie, and the rest of the Sox organization tried to just coast into the playoffs.  KW and Ozzie were too busy worrying about the team chemistry instead of trying to find integral parts that could help the team.  Instead of actually having a good 4th outfielder, Ozzie would rather have Timo on the bench.  I know a lot of people dislike me on this board, but I think all of them will state that I've been saying we weren't as good as our record all season.  I'm a Sox fan, but I'm also a baseball fan....and this offense just has way too many easy outs.

I repeat: nobody on the team (except injured Pods) is even hitting .280. That simply won't work.

This was the hardest stretch of the season (6 vs NYY, 6 vs MIN, and 3 vs BOS). Record so far: 3-9

Here are the remaining games and opponents.

3 vs SEA

4 vs TEX

8 vs DET

3 vs LAA

6 vs KC

6 vs CLE

8 vs MIN

We may need to play that BOS game after all.

The bad part is 14 games left vs CLE and MIN!

Don't think this is gonna end anytime soon after they get swept by Minny they go to seattle where they have almost played as bad as they do in Oakland and then Texas where we cannot match them run for run. So my prediction is by the time they return to ther Cell the lead will only be 2 games.