italian beef

sec159row2

earlier in the season I started a thread on italian beef... numerous responses were posted... I actually used kid gleason's receipe.. it was awesome, especially for a sunday afternoon where the temp was 102... use the crock pot and don't heat the house... WELL... sunday afternoon I found myself around cermack and wolf roads... when a light bulb went on in my head... I passed the mediterreanen(sp?) deli and remembered someone talking about.... CARM'S BEEF... OH MY GOODNESS... the BEST italian beef sandwich I have ever eaten... I got it to go and the sandwich was GONE by the time I got to 294 at ogden and west of wolf... thank you whoever originally mentioned Carms.. I am now complete :D

QUOTE(sec159row2 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 09:16 AM)
earlier in the season I started a thread on italian beef...  numerous responses were posted... I actually used kid gleason's receipe.. it was awesome, especially for a sunday afternoon where the temp was 102... use the crock pot and don't heat the house... WELL...  sunday afternoon I found myself around cermack and wolf roads... when a light bulb went on in my head... I passed the mediterreanen(sp?) deli and remembered someone talking about....  CARM'S BEEF... OH MY GOODNESS...  the BEST italian beef sandwich I have ever eaten... I got it to go and the sandwich was GONE by the time I got to 294 at ogden and west of wolf... thank you whoever originally mentioned Carms..  I am now complete :D

I believe that was me...I am the biggest supporter of Carm's...even if they are Cub fans!

Glad you enjoyed it...I think I'll go there today for lunch!

Ah...not just me...Mplssoxfan knew it too...look at that, a guy in enemy territory knows what's up.

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Apr 27, 2005 -> 02:59 AM)

Carm's in Westchester... Oh, man I miss it.

QUOTE(tonyho7476)

its Hillside...and its the best...especially with hot peppers and mozzarella....people who say portillo's are crazy. While both Buona beef and Portillo's are good, they do not compare to Carm's. I recommend everyone give them a try. If you work in Oakbrook, its only about 7-10 minutes away. Its on Wolf Rd, North of 22nd street and south of Roosevelt. I guarantee you won't be dissappointed. I've been going there since I was a kid.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 09:39 AM)
I'll try it, where exactly is Carm's?

On Wolf Rd, south of Roosevelt and North of 22nd street. If you get off on Mannheim, via 290, you would take Mannheim South to Roosevelt, Roosevelt West to Wolf, Wolf South to Carm's....Its across the street from where a cemetery/golf course merge.