Ozzie.....

TheBigHurt

I know this will seem desperate, but I can't hold it in anymore......

OZ! WE NEED ANOTHER HITTER! BRING UP ROSS GLOAD ALREADY!

IF YOU WANT TIMO TO PLAY THAT BADLY, FINE, BUT GET HIM OUTTA THAT LEADOFF SPOT! HE MAY BE GETTING SOME HITS, BUT LEADOFF??? AARRGGGHH!!!!!

Whew.......

*End rant*

Sorry, but I need to get that out. As much as I dig Ozzie, I can't help but say I don't know what the hell he is waiting for.

Edited by TheBigHurt

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 11:46 AM)
I just wish people would stop this fiction of Ross Gload as a good defensive player...

He's below average at worst, mediocorely average at his best...

However i'm not against calling him up to platoon in the DH role or play 1B if Paulie really needs a day off...

He's actually a very good defensive first baseman, one bad play doesn't change that.......

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 12:46 PM)
I just wish people would stop this fiction of Ross Gload as a good defensive player...

However i'm not against calling him up to platoon in the DH role or play 1B if Paulie really needs a day off...

I'll take my chances with Gload in the field in order to get his bat in the line up.

I said the same thing about C. Everett when people were saying he should never play the field because he's a butcher and would single handedly cost us 20 games blah blah blah. I know he hasn't been out there much, but he's done an OK job.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 12:56 PM)
Why do people continue to argue with Jeckle regarding Gload's defense? The same arguement is just going to come up the next time someone mentions Gloads name, I don't see the point.

:lol:

You aren't seriously asking that question..

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 11:56 AM)
Why do people continue to argue with Jeckle regarding Gload's defense? The same arguement is just going to come up the next time someone mentions Gloads name, I don't see the point.

Yeesh, sorry Kalapse. I'll play nice :P

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 11:46 AM)

amen..

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 11:44 AM)
But where will Ross Gload play? :D

I seriously wonder if he's healthy enough to play the outfield. If he is I can't imagine that he'd still be sitting in Charlotte unless there's more to it than ability. Attitude? "Chemistry"? :huh

probably just his shoulder

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 03:51 PM)

I seriously wonder if he's healthy enough to play the outfield. If he is I can't imagine that he'd still be sitting in Charlotte unless there's more to it than ability. Attitude? "Chemistry"?  :huh

probably just his shoulder

If he were healthy enough to throw from the OF, he would be here instead of Anderson, no doubt.