Are you IN or OUT?

whitesoxin'

I'm in, of course.

But today is the first day I've mentally realized that we could blow the lead.

We play teams in our own division so many times, that it's possible yes we could blow this lead.

However I most certainly am IN.

I'm just amazed our division title and playoff spot now appears to be uncertain.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 10:47 PM)
Nice edit.

And no, you have no way of being so sure that they'll "f*** it all up."  There is no way to gurantee that. 

The pessimism on this board is both maddening and sad at the same time...

Sleepy I'm with you. f*** all the doubters. I will be in all year.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 07:58 PM)
How could I not get into the playoffs? I'm still a die hard White Sox fan, but school starts tomorrow, I'm taking all honors classes, I have a job, a girlfriend, and I have a lot of other responsibilities. The White Sox won't be in my agenda until the playoffs now, if they make it.

Dude, NO! Don't lose sight, not now! Baseball's an epic film. A f***ing saga of giddy highs and dramatic lows and if it's worth a s***, there's a really great low point where you feel a total sense of hopelessness and despair, fearing that the one object of desire that your hero's been fighting for the whole film has slipped from his grasp and can't be brought back (such as a 16 game lead).

And then, just when you think the hero is absolutely beaten, he finds a way. He rises up. And that which didn't destroy him has only made him stronger and he absolutely kicks ASS.

Don't leave before the movie's over. You're gonna miss the best part.

I really don't understand what this means. Am I in? Yes, I am a Sox fan and will always be a Sox fan. Do I have serious doubts about this team? Definitely. Look at this lineup, its return to the "swing for the fences" mentality, and the struggles of its ace. At this point, I'm resigned to the fact that they could collapse and not make the playoffs. Or, they could squeak by and go down quietly in the first round. Too bad, because I thought this could be a special year. It still can be, but time is running short.

I'm in, but I am no longer making for damn sure that I see every game. It seems that whenever I turn on the TV they fall apart. So I am kind of watching from a slight distance. But I am now not letting the games get in my way of anything else. I am wearing a Sox shirt right now, so I still am there. But I am also being realistic and seeing that they can easily blow this lead the rest of the way to make a neck and neck race of the season.

I'm in. Our lead will be back up to 8 games by the end of this minny trip. I still have a feeling we will win these next 2 up there i did predict 2 of 3.

Its a 7 game lead, our lead was 9 on July 10th. Thats only a 2 game loss in a good 6 weeks. Thats not bad at all if you look at the big picture. We went on hot streaks when the Twins and Indians were down, and now they are returning the favor to us. We will get hot again- and hopefully it will be right before the season ends.

Hopefully i'm not being too optimistic here :pray