Does anybody still have hope?

Ishmookie

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe some of you people. Contreras pitches great on Sunday & now Freddy pitches great on Tuesday & you're jumping ship?

After two fine performances like that how can you give up hope? Were we expected to beat Santana in the dome today? No. But we made him work his butt off for the victory.

If we keep getting great starts like this the wins will come.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 09:03 PM)
Not the greatest player ever, just one of the most important players to the 2005 White Sox offense.

Yeah...if he gets on base...which seems to be a pretty tall order for any of these dudes anymore. Sure glad we built this team on pitching and defense. One minor oversight....2 or 3 runs a game isn't too much to ask for is it....GODDAMN!

QUOTE(Wanne @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 10:06 PM)
Yeah...if he gets on base...which seems to be a pretty tall order for any of these dudes anymore.  Sure glad we built this team on pitching and defense.  One minor oversight....2 or 3 runs a game isn't too much to ask for is it....GODDAMN!

Look at the timeline. The decline in offense corresponds with Podsednik's injury. For anyone who says it started a few games before he went on the DL, wasn't his DL stint retroactive?

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 10:05 PM)
I can't believe some of you people.  Contreras pitches great on Sunday & now Freddy pitches great on Tuesday & you're jumping ship? 

After two fine performances like that how can you give up hope?  Were we expected to beat Santana in the dome today?  No.  But we made him work his butt off for the victory. 

If we keep getting great starts like this the wins will come.

the thing that makes it frustrating is that we are going to have to beat pitchers like that if we want to make it anywhere in the post-season and we aren't doing it right now. I dont blame people for getting a little nervous because we have had it so easy all year long. We just have to hang in there and wait for the team to get back to playing the way they are capable of.

HAVE FAITH

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 03:08 AM)
Look at the timeline. The decline in offense corresponds with Podsednik's injury. For anyone who says it started a few games before he went on the DL, wasn't his DL stint retroactive?

The offense was fading fast well before Pods went on the DL. Also, don't get your hopes up for a speed player coming back strong after a groin injury.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 03:11 AM)
No hope needed.  We are 7 games up, not down.  Time will run out for the indians no matter how hot they may seem.

I actually appreciate the optimism at a time like this. As a Sox fan though, isn't it a little sickening that seemingly every night, we say the same thing, but with a lower number?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 10:12 PM)
I actually appreciate the optimism at a time like this.  As a Sox fan though, isn't it a little sickening that seemingly every night, we say the same thing, but with a lower number?

Once we get into the playoffs, anything can happen. I don't care if we barely squeak in...

Will I get nervous as hell if it gets down to 5 or 4 games? Hell yeah.

I just don't see it. I cannot fathom this type of colossal collapse. We were playing too well early on to not be a playoff team this year, and I believe that we can reach that level of play and make the playoffs. Once there, anything can happen. I still believe.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 03:17 AM)
Once we get into the playoffs, anything can happen.  I don't care if we barely squeak in...

Will I get nervous as hell if it gets down to 5 or 4 games?  Hell yeah.

I just don't see it.  I cannot fathom this type of colossal collapse.  We were playing too well early on to not be a playoff team this year, and I believe that we can reach that level of play and make the playoffs.  Once there, anything can happen.  I still believe.

The thing is, the Indians have finally woken up this season. Their offense was totally underachieving this season. However, guys like Martinez and Blake have picked their games up. They scare me a lot more than the Twins do. And I'm not so sure that this Sox team has enough talent to hold off a fast charging talented team like the Indians. Our offense just sucks....you can't win if you don't score.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 10:19 PM)
Our offense just sucks....you can't win if you don't score.

They proved what they were capable of for months.

I honestly feel that they can get back to that, or at least enough of it to make the playoffs.

Now I will admit that my World Series fantasies are slowly fading, but THIS IS STILL A TEAM GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS!

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 09:10 PM)
The offense was fading fast well before Pods went on the DL.  Also, don't get your hopes up for a speed player coming back strong after a groin injury.

Wrong. Our offense never really got clicking at all this season. Its was all in fits and starts this season and thats being magnified now that our pitching has come down to earth.