AND THAT'S ANOTHER WHITE SOX LOSER!!!

nitetrain8601

Apparently, I've heard that most of you guys who had been giving me s*** are now starting to realize I was right. Starting to realize that, "Best team in baseball!" in the beginning of August gets you nowhere fast.

This is a real scare whether you want to admit it or not. This team is dying fast. "But we got pitching so we'll always be there." My ass. Tell me how many games you can win without scoring runs. This pitching staff hasn't been great the past month, especially the overrated Buehrle(overrated around these parts). The "smartball" offense is looking horrible.

This year's team offensively is no different from last year's. We're all swinging for the fences. Wait, I just noticed there is a difference. We have guys worse at swinging for the fences than in year's past. Maybe that's why we aren't scoring. Gimme back Carlos Lee anyday(and no this isn't hindsight either). There's only maybe 3 guys I'd take from this year's team and I would replace the rest with last year's team(offensively). PK is the only hot one right now, and even at that, he's going to cool down drastically again.

I know there are tons of crappy posters who think this thread is garbage, should be locked or whatever. I say F U to them. They even know the lead isn't safe, even though it's still at 7 games. I'd like to see those prospects that everyone keeps talking about, help us now, not in 10 years.

Hey, but "we still have the best team"...oh wait, we don't.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 11:46 PM)
You seem to be enjoying this.  Have fun running your mouth while you can, I'm happy you're having a good time with the team losing.  It won't last long though.

Always the consummate optimist. It's only your birthday for another 10 minutes after that, your free pass is gone.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 10:50 PM)
Always the consummate optimist. It's only your birthday for another 10 minutes after that, your free pass is gone.

Go ahead, rip into me. You should know by now that I could care less about being ripped on for being optimistic. You got to admit it seems that nite is enjoying this.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 10:56 PM)
Go ahead, rip into me.  You should know by now that I could care less about being ripped on for being optimistic.  You got to admit it seems that nite is enjoying this.

Nites not enjoying this. He is just pissed off.

Just like everyone is. People are venting. Let it be.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 11:56 PM)
Go ahead, rip into me.  You should know by now that I could care less about being ripped on for being optimistic.  You got to admit it seems that nite is enjoying this.

Agreed. The "Hell Yeah" in the subtitle gave it away. Sad Really

QUOTE(rangercal @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 11:10 PM)
Agreed. The "Hell Yeah" in the subtitle gave it away.  Sad Really

Or it could be a play on words because Nite is from the chat crew and that Nuke always starts a winner thread with a HELL YEAH. But that might take a second to realize that.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 01:12 AM)
Or it could be a play on words because Nite is from the chat crew and that Nuke always starts a winner thread with a HELL YEAH.  But that might take a second to realize that.

:lolhitting :lolhitting

QUOTE(rangercal @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:10 AM)
Agreed. The "Hell Yeah" in the subtitle gave it away.  Sad Really

Seriously though, what is the sick infatuation with trying to be the first one to "call it" if we somehow don't make it? (Relax, we're making it.)

It really is the way that people make it sound as if they want it to happen that bothers me. I'm fine with pessimism, I can be pessimistic myself, but it seems to be going above and beyond pessimism....

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 11:15 PM)
Seriously though, what is the sick infatuation with trying to be the first one to "call it" if we somehow don't make it? (Relax, we're making it.)

It really is the way that people make it sound as if they want it to happen that bothers me.  I'm fine with pessimism, I can be pessimistic myself, but it seems to be going above and beyond pessimism....

My big frustration is that I have seen the offense bad all year long. The only reprieve was when frank came back and our offense did well for 2 months. He goes down before the trading deadline and you knew the offense would stumble a bit. But this is out of hand. They keep talking about chemistry, and we see no help away.

Its like seeing a runaway train. You see it coming down the tracks and you yell.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:12 AM)
Or it could be a play on words because Nite is from the chat crew and that Nuke always starts a winner thread with a HELL YEAH.  But that might take a second to realize that.

Regardless, Exclamation marks ect he seems to get a hard on off our losses.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 11:23 PM)
One thing no one can accuse SSI of is complaining now when things are bad.  All season, he's warned that this offense was not good.

And he's been right to do so cause the offense never was firing on all cylinders, not even when Frank was here.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 10:15 PM)

It really is the way that people make it sound as if they want it to happen that bothers me.  I'm fine with pessimism, I can be pessimistic myself, but it seems to be going above and beyond pessimism....

It's not pessimism, it's fear. We're all scared s***less that the Sox are going to blow it. Become the '69 Cubs. Worse, be watching Minny or Cleveland celebrate winning the division. That's a very, very scary proposition. Humiliating. It just expresses itself in different ways. A bunch of arm chair GM's screaming for another bat. We all wanted another arm back in June and July and now look at the Count. Where are the calls for another pitcher? Anyone? Bueller?

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:15 AM)

I honestly don't see why so many people on this board have guaranteed a playoff appearance for the Sox. There are a lot of games left and 7 games isn't that big of a cushion. The Phillies once lost a 6.5 game lead in the last 10 days of a season.

This team has been awful since the ASB. More specifically the offense has. But at least Kenny Williams was able to replace Frank's bat...oh wait, he didn't.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 11:39 PM)
Apparently, I've heard that most of you guys who had been giving me s*** are now starting to realize I was right. Starting to realize that, "Best team in baseball!" in the beginning of August gets you nowhere fast.

This is a real scare whether you want to admit it or not. This team is dying fast. "But we got pitching so we'll always be there." My ass. Tell me how many games you can win without scoring runs. This pitching staff hasn't been great the past month, especially the overrated Buehrle(overrated around these parts). The "smartball" offense is looking horrible.

This year's team offensively is no different from last year's. We're all swinging for the fences. Wait, I just noticed there is a difference. We have guys worse at swinging for the fences than in year's past. Maybe that's why we aren't scoring. Gimme back Carlos Lee anyday(and no this isn't hindsight either). There's only maybe 3 guys I'd take from this year's team and I would replace the rest with last year's team(offensively). PK is the only hot one right now, and even at that, he's going to cool down drastically again.

I know there are tons of crappy posters who think this thread is garbage, should be locked or whatever. I say F U to them. They even know the lead isn't safe, even though it's still at 7 games. I'd like to see those prospects that everyone keeps talking about, help us now, not in 10 years.

Hey, but "we still have the best team"...oh wait, we don't.

I thought you were never coming back? I guess the temptation to act like a two year old was too great for you.

Right now K.C. may be the only team in the division who are not a threat to the Sox. The rest of the schedule is loaded with inter divisional match ups. Woe is us. 3 better teams chipping away at Sox, "insurmountable" , lead.

Can't complain about the Sox offense.......because there is none. Hey Jerry, you cheap SOB, way to blow another one. He just sucks the life out of Sox fans.

QUOTE(wallyburger @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:13 PM)
Right now K.C. may be the only team in the division who are not a threat to the Sox. The rest of the schedule is loaded with inter divisional match ups. Woe is us. 3 better teams chipping away at Sox, "insurmountable" , lead.

Can't complain about the Sox offense.......because there is none. Hey Jerry, you cheap SOB, way to blow another one. He just sucks the life out of Sox fans.

I don't think the Griffey Jr. trade is about money. If it's true the potential Reds ownership buyer won't make an offer without Griffey Jr. on the team, then he's not going to get traded.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 08:21 AM)
I don't think the Griffey Jr. trade is about money.  If it's true the potential Reds ownership buyer won't make an offer without Griffey Jr. on the team, then he's not going to get traded.

I am talking about cheap all year, not just Griffey. Jerry took Maggs, Lee and Valentin money and flipped some of it over to the pitching staff and pocketed the rest.

Bevery Hills staff and a bargain basement offense.

I really think Jerry's problem is he is a risk free guy. He just won't hedge his bet. His budget was his only consideration and Kenny thought the pitching would carry the club.

QUOTE(wallyburger @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 07:34 AM)
I am talking about cheap all year, not just Griffey. Jerry took Maggs, Lee and Valentin money and flipped some of it over to the pitching staff and pocketed the rest.

I really think Jerry's problem is he is a risk free guy. He just won't hedge his bet. His budget was his only consideration and Kenny thought the pitching would carry the club.

If by "pocketed the rest" you mean "increseased the payroll from $63 million in 2004, to $75 million in 2005", then yes you are right.

QUOTE(wallyburger @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:34 PM)

No offense, but you're clueless.