CHEER UP CHARLIE!!!!

letsgoarow

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(letsgoarow @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 04:45 AM)
We are fine. We have the best pitching staff in the majors, the second best record in the majors, the most home games left in the majors, and a very easy schedule the rest of the WAY......

GO SOX

EVERYONE SMILE....... :cheers

I'd be a lot happier if we still had a double digit lead.

QUOTE(letsgoarow @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 10:45 PM)
We are fine. We have the best pitching staff in the majors, the second best record in the majors, the most home games left in the majors, and a very easy schedule the rest of the WAY......

GO SOX

EVERYONE SMILE....... :cheers

Too bad we have probably the worst offense in the majors right now.

Oh to have a mediocre offense just now.

Haven't we been hearing 8 games is a lot...9 games is a lot...10 games is a lot? The thing is, there's no end in sight to this offensive slump. After Cy Mays tomorrow, we get Silva and King Felix. Not exactly promising for our offense. I'm sure KW will provide help for this team.....now! At least I can count on Timo hitting in place of Iguchi.

QUOTE(letsgoarow @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 10:49 PM)
against the red sox, yankees, and twins.... we get back pods very soon..

The Red Sox and Yanks have bad pitching. The twins have good pitching but no hitting.

Yeah Pods will stop our hitters from magically hitting in the 220s and trying to park homer after homer.

43% of our runs this month are via the dong.

QUOTE(letsgoarow @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 04:49 AM)
against the red sox, yankees, and twins.... we get back pods very soon..

The Indians are better than the Twins this season, and I think they're better than the Yankees. The Indians have a sensational offense now, very solid starting pitching, and probably the most underrated bullpen in baseball.

QUOTE(letsgoarow @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 04:51 AM)
this site has never been so pititful.... its depressing

And the offense has never been so pathetic. The thing is, some of the most optimistic posters I've ever seen are pissed off at this team right now. I don't know how someone can be happy with a lineup full of guys like Crede, Dye, Uribe, and Timo when they're all struggling.

QUOTE(letsgoarow @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 10:51 PM)

The minute the sox actually get more than a few hits and score a few runs in a game, not via one fluke inning via the dong we will get more impressed. Its one thing to have this team shut you down, its another when Chacon and other crap just dominates you like you a a AA team.

QUOTE(letsgoarow @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 11:51 PM)

The team has scored in three of the last 53 innings.

The team has score one run in the last 53 innings that wasn't via the HR.

53 innings is almost 6 games. Yeah, it's the site that's pitiful. :rolly.

QUOTE(letsgoarow @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 04:55 AM)
no its the fact that everyone thinks we are done. We are not done we have the best record in the a.l. for a reason, and we have the same team we have had all year. things will change

I'm not saying you're wrong....but that's the same f***ing attitude that I think our management has....and it's the same attitude that I feel made us complacent. I'm so sick and f***ing tired of saying the cliche "taking your foot off of the accelerator", but that's what I feel we did way too early.

QUOTE(letsgoarow @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 04:57 AM)
yeah but were not done.... and i would rather be a sox fan than an indians or twins fan right now... because once again we are 7 games up not 7 games back

If we're still up by 7 or more games after this weekend, then I would agree with you. If the lead is down to 4 or 5...it might as well be even with the amount of games we have left vs Twins and Indians. Basically, all the breathing room we established this season has vanished in about a week.

The addition of Pods means a lot, no not that our hitters start hitting with runners in scoring position but he gives the team a different outlook.

A lot of people are down right now, im tired of being down, we can sure as hell go on a 9 game winning streak while the twins and tribe go on a 9 game losing streak.

A 7 game lead in any division is great but because the way we are playing it sucks, f*** that, 7 games is good for us too.

All I am saying is lets get some positive energy around here s*** can turn around very fast. Comon people. :gosox1: :headbang

Edited by Sox Hustler

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:03 AM)
The addition of Pods means a lot, no not that our hitters start hitting with runners in scoring position but he gives the team a different outlook.

A lot of people are down right now, im tired of being down, we can sure as hell go on a 9 game winning streak while the twins and tribe go on a 9 game losing streak.

A 7 game lead in any division is great but because the way we are playing it sucks, f*** that, 7 games is good for us too.

All I am saying is lets get some positive energy around here s*** can turn around very fast. Comon people.  :gosox1:  :headbang

Very well said.