CHEER UP CHARLIE!!!!

letsgoarow

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 05:03 AM)
All I am saying is lets get some positive energy around here s*** can turn around very fast. Comon people.  :gosox1:  :headbang

Unless the Sox get positive energy, it doesn't mean s*** what is said on soxtalk.com. We can b****/whine all we want, and ask who's in or out, but unless the Sox start winning some games soon, they're going to have their backs against the wall.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:05 AM)
Unless the Sox get positive energy, it doesn't mean s*** what is said on soxtalk.com.  We can b****/whine all we want, and ask who's in or out, but unless the Sox start winning some games soon, they're going to have their backs against the wall.

So why does everyone here keep b****ing/whining if they know that it's not going to help?!

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 05:06 AM)
So why does everyone here keep b****ing/whining if they know that it's not going to help?!

What else are we supposed to talk about right now? What brand of panties Timo had in the locker? Which Sox players were on roids? Does Timo spit or swallow?

QUOTE(Sox Hustler @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 11:03 PM)
The addition of Pods means a lot, no not that our hitters start hitting with runners in scoring position but he gives the team a different outlook.

A lot of people are down right now, im tired of being down, we can sure as hell go on a 9 game winning streak while the twins and tribe go on a 9 game losing streak.

A 7 game lead in any division is great but because the way we are playing it sucks, f*** that, 7 games is good for us too.

All I am saying is lets get some positive energy around here s*** can turn around very fast. Comon people.  :gosox1:  :headbang

The man that really made a difference is on the DL for the year, and its not Pods.

We had pods in April and May when we hit in the 250s.

When Frank came back, we hit 270 and 279 in June and July. Why because he makes things better for the people around him.

He goes on the DL and we are back to 250s. With him and Pods on the DL the offense just dies.

The tribe is hitting in the 300's for the month. THey are pitching just a little less than we are and their schedule is much easier.

Hey there is always the Wild Card.

QUOTE(letsgoarow @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 11:05 PM)
thank you sox hustler.....thats all we need is some support

Support? You know what really needs support?

The White Sox offense, I'm still not convinced, even though people say we're out of our slump.....

I still don't see guys going opposite field, if Pierzynski would hit the ball the other way, he'd be close to a .300 hitter, there's no doubt in my mind.

Kenny needs to add another bat, until then this team is just a pretender.

You guys can be optimistic all you want, I'll be the realist.

QUOTE(CWSOX45 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 11:08 PM)
Support? You know what really needs support?

The White Sox offense, I'm still not convinced, even though people say we're out of our slump.....

I still don't see guys going opposite field, if Pierzynski would hit the ball the other way, he'd be close to a .300 hitter, there's no doubt in my mind. 

Kenny needs to add another bat, until then this team is just a pretender.

You guys can be optimistic all you want, I'll be the realist.

I got ripped to death in threads about posting hitting charts showing how many hits were to the pull side of the field. I was ripped for showing the lack of OBP, singles and doubles as a concern. Now all of a sudden the balancing act of 1 run victories swings the other way and people start to see it.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 01:07 AM)
What else are we supposed to talk about right now? What brand of panties Timo had in the locker?  Which Sox players were on roids?  Does Timo spit or swallow?

Anything positive.

Hanes.

Supposedly Aaron.

Swallow...he can't afford letting it accidently drip and having Ozzie's baby!

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:07 AM)
What else are we supposed to talk about right now?  What brand of panties Timo had in the locker?  Which Sox players were on roids?  Does Timo spit or swallow?

So you b**** and whine because you having nothing else to say? :huh:

Once our offense shows ANY ability to score runs, I'll be more optimistic that we can break out of this slump. You can't win if you can't score. And you know what Hawk? One of the reasons that getting someone like Griffey Jr. would have really helped was that someone like J. Dye, who has hit like absolute s*** lately, would be able to rest a lot more down the stretch with a suitable replacement. I'm sorry, but I'm sick and f***ing tired of Timo as the super sub.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 11:05 PM)
Unless the Sox get positive energy, it doesn't mean s*** what is said on soxtalk.com.  We can b****/whine all we want, and ask who's in or out, but unless the Sox start winning some games soon, they're going to have their backs against the wall.

You are right, the players need to feel good about their chances and perform well, not us.

The sox right now have their backs against the wall and that is why I think they will turn it around. I am sure all of them have seen the schedule the rest of the way and other teams schedule, bs if they haven't, don't you think they want to know how they should feel about certain games? Tomorrow is time for them to snap out of it. The time is now.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 05:11 AM)

Oh, I've had plenty to say this season, and even though many would say it was b****ing, there are also others that would say I was just being a realist. I'm not saying you're doing this at all Dam, but I've found it quite interesting how some posters are seemingly attacking some of the negative posters on this site in a manner that I think they're just taking their frustrations of the Sox out on the poster.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 11:11 PM)

Well give us the positive spin tonight. What should we post.

Wow Arow nearly hit the ball straight. The ball was round and so is his bat so its not his fault.

They want to bring the injuns in closer so they can play games that count in September so it matters.

Timo is so clutch, damn that airport inspector that snatched the lucky rally fattypanties.

If those hits were a few feet longer they would of been homers, then again if your aunt had balls he would be your uncle.

Basically, this team is in an absolute free fall, and you would think that judging by our manager and general manager, we're still up 20 games in the standings. You know, if you asked any baseball fan that didn't get to hear our constant Timo rants, they'd probably tell you that the only reason a manager would ever ph Timo for Iguchi was if Timo was the manager's boyfriend. Ozzie needs to step up his performance just as much as the players do right now. Ozzie and KW.....it's broke, so fix it!

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:15 AM)
Well give us the positive spin tonight.  What should we post.

Wow Arow nearly hit the ball straight.  The ball was round and so is his bat so its not his fault. 

They want to bring the injuns in closer so they can play games that count in September so it matters.

Timo is so clutch, damn that airport inspector that snatched the lucky rally fattypanties.

If those hits were a few feet longer they would of been homers, then again if your aunt had balls he would be your uncle.

How about the unbelieveable game Freddy had?

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 11:24 PM)

He pitched great, our pitching has been good this month.

I feel bad for him and our pitchers. They have pitched well and well enough to win a lot of games. Its hard to throw a 1 hitter and lose.

But I remember making comments about our pitching being good but our hitting was going to be our downfall only to have people tell me how bad every other playoff contenders pitching staff was. Medicore pitching can shut us down, great pitching can make our hitters look silly.

If these guys get their collective heads out of their asses maybe hit a ball the other way. Maybe not swing at somethng at their mellon or in the dirt. They might have a chance to hit.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:24 AM)

Oh man there was this one time, I went to the prom, and I was prom king and everything....

Oh yeah, but my date f***ed the football team on the middle of the dance floor. and video taped it. and put it on the internet.

But hey, I was prom king.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 11:28 PM)
Oh man there was this one time, I went to the prom, and I was prom king and everything....

Oh yeah, but my date f***ed the football team on the middle of the dance floor. and video taped it. and put it on the internet.

But hey, I was prom king.

NOW THAT MADE ME FORGET THE BAD LOSS FOR A MINUTE OR SO. LMFAO!!!!

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:26 AM)
Our pitchers have less room for error than Paris Hilton's birth control.

:lolhitting

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:27 AM)
He pitched great, our pitching has been good this month. 

I feel bad for him and our pitchers.  They have pitched well and well enough to win a lot of games.  Its hard to throw a 1 hitter and lose.

But I remember making comments about our pitching being good but our hitting was going to be our downfall only to have people tell me how bad every other playoff contenders pitching staff was.  Medicore pitching can shut us down, great pitching can make our hitters look silly.

If these guys get their collective heads out of their asses maybe hit a ball the other way.  Maybe not swing at somethng at their mellon or in the dirt. They might have a chance to hit.

Hey I'm not saying I don't agree. The offense has been pretty bad for a few games. What I'm saying is that b****ing and whining and complaining about it isn't helping things. Obviously a lot of people don't like it, and all it's doing is making those people not want to come back.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 11:36 PM)
:lolhitting

Hey I'm not saying I don't agree. The offense has been pretty bad for a few games.

Whats your definition of a few. August?

I mean if I was b****ing over a few games it might be sad.

But when we dance into the 23rd of a month and we are batting 229 as a team. Its more than a few games.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 11:37 PM)
Does anyone actually believe that our lineup is just all of a sudden come to life tomorrow, and score some runs against Mays?  Hell, even if one or two guys pick their game up, we still have a lot of other guys in the lineup struggling.

Do you think Hawk is watching old films and taking notes so he can pass along some more wisdom like "Cy Mays" and "oh yeah, his numbers are bad, but get certain players against certain teams and there's nothing you can do."

although for tomorrow's game I'm predicting one of those where the Sox finally score like 7-10 runs, but of course it will be the night the pitchers get shelled... Lew Ford will get the big hit to take the lead so we can hear "that guy swings a magic wand against us" man I can not wait!

Edited by SoxFan562004