Post game quotes

southsideirish71

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 11:07 PM)
Well if you werent pissed before here are the post game clips from the team

This quote proves that they have no f***ing clue.  Just tip your hat every night to the opposing pitcher as you go up there swinging the bat like three blind mice.

Everytime you try and figure out why this team has been so bad lately.  You see quotes like this from the team and shake your head.

Irish, you're going to be proven wrong on this one. I'm telling you Paulie's right. Remember that 4 game series last September (or the year before) against the Twins in Chicago? The Sox won the first two and during the second game the Twins nearly came back and won. They went on to split the series and then swept the Sox the next week in minny. That 9th inning of that second game, even though the Sox won, was the turning point in the series and the season. They had their foot on the Twins' throat and they let them off the mat.

I'm not saying this is the exact same thing, but Paulie's right. You can take positives from a loss, even a tough one. Freddy set the tone tonight and you can bet that Buehrle's going to feed off it and so will the rest of the team. They swung the bats as good as you can against Santana and nearly broke the game open a few times. You don't get many chances against the reigning Cy Young.

Dude, the worm has turned and the Sox are going to be better from this slump. Take that to the bank.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 11:21 PM)
That was the one instance of the game that I truly did not understand...what in the world was Ozzie doing with that move? I want someone to explain to me besides some LH/RH horses*** as to why you would rather want Timo up in that situation

I'm guessing it was his "gut", but I was screaming at the screen. Iguchi can tie it with one swing, and did against Randy Johnson for f*** sake.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 07:41 AM)
Irish, you're going to be proven wrong on this one. I'm telling you Paulie's right. Remember that 4 game series last September (or the year before) against the Twins in Chicago? The Sox won the first two and during the second game the Twins nearly came back and won. They went on to split the series and then swept the Sox the next week in minny. That 9th inning of that second game, even though the Sox won, was the turning point in the series and the season. They had their foot on the Twins' throat and they let them off the mat.

I'm not saying this is the exact same thing, but Paulie's right. You can take positives from a loss, even a tough one. Freddy set the tone tonight and you can bet that Buehrle's going to feed off it and so will the rest of the team. They swung the bats as good as you can against Santana and nearly broke the game open a few times. You don't get many chances against the reigning Cy Young.

Swung the bats as good as they could? Wow, our expectations are really low for this offense. Also, I don't see how this is the type of game that could give the Sox momentum. Rather, that's the type of game that just let the Twins continue to feel like they own us.

Worst thread ever. The only thing worse than the offense is all the whining here.

If the team is taking positives from a bad loss, I'll take their word for it. No one said this race would be easy, it's not, it never is.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 08:02 AM)
Worst thread ever.  The only thing worse than the offense is all the whining here.

Jim I respect you as a poster on this board but aren't we allowed to vent? Is this board purely for the purpose of people posting "Raa Raa Sox!", "We're the best!", and "Sox rule!"??? You have to let people vent when things are as bad as they are.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 08:08 AM)
What should they being doing?  Sulking?  Quitting?  Crying?  Blaming someone else?  Seriously think about that statement. :bang

No but everyone has their opinions, whether positive or negative. We need to appreciate the fact that not everyone is going to agree with how certain individuals view this team. Some people are naturally 'glass half full' while others are 'glass half empty'. Doesn't mean either are right or wrong or that one is less of a fan.

Edited by BigSqwert

Jim I respect you as a poster on this board but aren't we allowed to vent?  Is this board purely for the purpose of people posting "Raa Raa Sox!", "We're the best!", and "Sox rule!"???  You have to let people vent when things are as bad as they are.

Of course you can vent. 100% agree.

And when IMO the venting crosses over into the lewd or absurd, am I not allowed to vent about that? Does it not work both ways?

Nice graphic, don't know who you're referring to, if it's me once again you don't know what you're talking about, I never said the White Sox offense is fine.

Obviously they have problems, I find it amusing though that certain posters on this board fancy themselves as hitting coaches and managers, while they answer phones at their computer company or financial services jobs.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 08:37 AM)
Nice graphic, don't know who you're referring to, if it's me once again you don't know what you're talking about, I never said the White Sox offense is fine.

Obviously they have problems, I find it amusing though that certain posters on this board fancy themselves as hitting coaches and managers, while they answer phones at their computer company or financial services jobs.

Oddly I thought this was a whitesox message board. Everyone is an amature manager and coach. I guess I am the first person to have suggestions

Actually today I am doing my amature coaching, while I am performing some security audits on our Asia/Pac companies. I will have to try the answer phone and analyze hitting trick. Sounds like a good idea.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 02:41 AM)

Dude, the worm has turned and the Sox are going to be better from this slump. Take that to the bank.

That six-run, four-homer inning against RJ was supposed to spark this lineup. I'm sure we'll be saying things like this a lot the rest of this year. That 9th inning where we almost came back is going to spark us. That shutout is going to spark us. That ass kicking we were handed is going to spark us.

And I hope Buehrle feeds off this energy or whatever, but I don't trust him to beat a good team right now.

Oddly I thought this was a whitesox message board.  Everyone is an amature manager and coach.  I guess I am the first person to have suggestions

Actually today I am doing my amature coaching, while I am performing some security audits on our Asia/Pac companies. I will have to try the answer phone and analyze hitting trick.  Sounds like a good idea.

Sounds like a busy day.

Wow do you jump to conclusions. I never said it wasn't a White Sox message board and of course everyone has suggestions.

My point is, you beat things to death. Since it works both ways, you keep beating things to death, certainly your right to do so. Last I checked, I can point it out too.

I will point it out while constructing joint venture deals with newsletter publishers and ecommerce companies. But I do not see myself as a coach or manager, I don't have the skills, if I did I'd probably be employed in baseball.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 09:47 AM)
And I hope Buehrle feeds off this energy or whatever, but I don't trust him to beat a good team right now.

Unfortunately I have to agree with you right now. I hope we're both wrong and he starts shutting people down the rest of the way.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 08:48 AM)
My point is, you beat things to death.  Since it works both ways, you keep beating things to death, certainly your right to do so.  Last I checked, I can point it out too.

Thanks mom for the constant corrections. I will try and do better next time. Dont tell dad.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 08:53 AM)
Wow, what a mature response.  How big is that chip on your shoulder?

What a mature response? See you sound like someone's mother.

No chip on my shoulder. You are amusing.

Edited by southsideirish71

What a mature response? See you sound like someone's mother.

No chip on my shoulder. You are amusing.

Glad to help, actually I get quite a laugh out of you too.

Maybe you should have listened to your mother a bit more, it might have helped.