Post game quotes

southsideirish71

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna drop my 2 cents in here. This Timo blowing Ozzie s*** is something I'd expect out of some 13 year old kids. It's offensive. It's insulting to the intelligence of Soxtalk posters and it's been going on for entirely too long. Why the hell don't some of you people grow up or, at the very least, challenge yourself to see if you can possibly come up with something new and halfway intelligent.

And, for the record, I am not the only one who feels this way about pre-teen caliber s*** you are slinging around here.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 10:17 AM)
I'm gonna drop my 2 cents in here. This Timo blowing Ozzie s*** is something I'd expect out of some 13 year old kids.  It's offensive.  It's insulting to the intelligence of Soxtalk posters and it's been going on for entirely too long.  Why the hell don't some of you people grow up or, at the very least, challenge yourself to see if you can possibly come up with something new and halfway intelligent.

And, for the record, I am not the only one who feels this way about pre-teen caliber s*** you are slinging around here.

I made a similar post a while back and it got axed. I was almost afraid to continue posting thinking maybe I'd get banned.

QUOTE(Yossarian @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 11:26 AM)
I made a similar post a while back and it got axed. I was almost afraid to continue posting thinking maybe I'd get banned.

It couldn't have been as offensive as "Timo's been slurping on Ozzie's knob again." f*** it. If I get banned for it, I get banned for it. I said it and I stand by it.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 11:17 AM)
I'm gonna drop my 2 cents in here. This Timo blowing Ozzie s*** is something I'd expect out of some 13 year old kids.  It's offensive.  It's insulting to the intelligence of Soxtalk posters and it's been going on for entirely too long.  Why the hell don't some of you people grow up or, at the very least, challenge yourself to see if you can possibly come up with something new and halfway intelligent.

QUOTE(Yossarian @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 11:26 AM)

I agree 100%. Its has been miserable here lately. This specific board has looked worse than the perseption of the Sox offense is.

Well Kim not all of us are back in the diaper part of our life like you.

200.jpg

Not even close, keep trying, maybe pull out some more stuff about Timo blowing Ozzie, you're much better in that genre.

Rather than you checking on security, I think security should be checking on you because there's definitely a problem.

I hope your one year old listens to his mother, the father is a lost cause unless the kid plans on growing up to be Mr Picture Poster and toilet humor. Don't worry, you still have time to turn it around ... but you're not off to a good start today.

It couldn't have been as offensive as "Timo's been slurping on Ozzie's knob again."  f*** it.  If I get banned for it, I get banned for it.  I said it and I stand by it.

Yas, you have lots of people in your corner, but unfortunately they're the people who got disgusted and left. I should just ignore it but my strong suit has never been backing down from challenging that type of stuff and sometimes it goes too far. But IMO good for you for saying what you did.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 10:27 AM)
It couldn't have been as offensive as "Timo's been slurping on Ozzie's knob again."  f*** it.  If I get banned for it, I get banned for it.  I said it and I stand by it.

The site used to be a lot different. It was a nice refuge from the heavy handed atmosphere at one site and the lunatic trolls at another. I've had such great experiences with Sox fans down through the years. I'm totally depressed at the state of the three main message boards and I wonder about myself at times. I'm old enough to know better but still I hang in there for the occasional old time sports fan fellowship that is not completely dead at this point.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 10:29 AM)
Not even close, keep trying, maybe pull out some more stuff about Timo blowing Ozzie, you're much better in that genre.

Rather than you checking on security, I think security should be checking on you because there's definitely a problem.

I hope your one year old listens to his mother, the father is a lost cause unless the kid plans on growing up to be Mr Picture Poster and toilet humor.  Don't worry, you still have time to turn it around ... but you're not off to a good start today.

See this is where you turn it personal. You go from talking to me to brining my son into this. You talk a good game, then you run your mouth and run to the mods. Now let me help you out Jimbo, in Illinois is against the law to threaten bodily harm by chat/email/or written word on an website or blog an individual or post their person information on it. Just remember that the next time you want to threaten another poster like you have done a few times this year.

Edited by southsideirish71

See this is where you turn it personal.  You go from talking to me to brining my son into this.  You talk a good game, then you run your mouth and run to the mods.  Now let me help you out Jimbo, in Illinois is against the law to threaten by chat/email/or written word on an website or blog an individual or post their person information on it.  Just remember that the next time you want to threaten another poster like you have done a few times this year.

Go back and see who made it personal.

Thanks for the help Officer Irish, and best of luck with your ongoing behind the scenes campaign to play moderator. Let me file your advice ... FLUSH.

You talk a good game though, good for you, too bad that won't get you anywhere.

Best of luck to your son.

Oh, and ... I'm not hiding from anyone. Many here know me and see me at the ballpark all the time.

Edited by JimH

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 04:17 PM)

For the record, I won't say anything regarding Ozzie/Timo like that from now on. I didn't know that it was frowned upon on here, as I figured most knew it was a joke. Thanks for letting us know it's not appreciated on here.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 11:38 AM)
For the record, I won't say anything regarding Ozzie/Timo like that from now on.  I didn't know that it was frowned upon on here, as I figured most knew it was a joke.  Thanks for letting us know it's not appreciated on here.

Thanks fathom. Maybe I should have spoke up earlier. When this was mentioned to me by another poster, it hit me just how much I hated it. I had been just scrolling past it, I guess. But it does bring down the quality of Soxtalk, drastically.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 11:17 AM)

YAS, you are 100% correct. I can't believe just how sophomoric this thread got. There is a difference between venting, sharing opinions, debating, and being assholes. Several people have stepped over and are not having their best day.

There are other Sox message boards for kids. Maybe a couple people here would be more comfortable there.

I also suggest some people get acquainted with the ignore function. Works great when you have someone you cannot peacefully co-exist with.

After further review by the replay oifficial, the post has been reopened. But be careful out there. :D

A 5 or 6 game winning streak would really make this site nice. We need a couple trolls to stop by so we can turn on a common enemy instead of feeding on ourselves.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 07:08 AM)
What should they being doing?  Sulking?  Quitting?  Crying?  Blaming someone else?  Seriously think about that statement. :bang

We'll find out in the next couple of weeks if this is all true or if they are delusional. To me, they're being honest in how they feel and not just saying BS. Hey, the Twins made some great plays to run down balls. If they don't, the Sox win and we're all happy. Seems like it was a crisply-played game except for Osuna's error.

:gosox1:

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 01:41 AM)
Irish, you're going to be proven wrong on this one. I'm telling you Paulie's right. Remember that 4 game series last September (or the year before) against the Twins in Chicago? The Sox won the first two and during the second game the Twins nearly came back and won. They went on to split the series and then swept the Sox the next week in minny. That 9th inning of that second game, even though the Sox won, was the turning point in the series and the season. They had their foot on the Twins' throat and they let them off the mat.

I'm not saying this is the exact same thing, but Paulie's right. You can take positives from a loss, even a tough one. Freddy set the tone tonight and you can bet that Buehrle's going to feed off it and so will the rest of the team. They swung the bats as good as you can against Santana and nearly broke the game open a few times. You don't get many chances against the reigning Cy Young.

Dude, the worm has turned and the Sox are going to be better from this slump. Take that to the bank.

:notworthy :notworthy Halle-f***ing-luja. You are God.