Lance Armstrong juiced.

I'll comment on this because I actually have a credible source. One of my roommate's brothers is a trainer and he's worked with some of the participants in the Tour. He doesn't know for a fact that Lance did them, but he claims that just about every single rider he worked with (or heard about) was on them. He says for Lance to be able to utterly dominate those guys for so long, there most likely is a reason.

Someone once asked the question of whether they would rather find 20 dollars or have there cities WNBA team win the Championship. The same answer applies to cycling in my opinion.

Everyone already had known he was a cheating, lieing, snaky person when he left his loving wife for the beautiful Sheryl Crow upon becoming a celebrity. I respect the battle with cancer that he greatly won, just as my mom did, and I think he can ride a bike like no other but I find no reason to respect him, steroids or not, otherwise.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 05:12 PM)
Someone once asked the question of whether they would rather find 20 dollars or have there cities WNBA team win the Championship.  The same answer applies to cycling in my opinion.

Everyone already had known he was a cheating, lieing, snaky person when he left his loving wife for the beautiful Sheryl Crow upon becoming a celebrity.  I respect the battle with cancer that he greatly won, just as my mom did, and I think he can ride a bike like no other but I find no reason to respect him, steroids or not, otherwise.

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't his wife cheat on him?

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 04:18 PM)
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't his wife cheat on him?

I'm pretty sure you're wrong...

I think his wife stuck with him during his illness, he recovered won a few tours and then he went out and cheated on her with Sheryl Crow.

QUOTE(winodj @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 10:35 PM)
Personally, I don't think doping is that bad in sports. How is this any worse than a batter getting Lasik surgery that he doesn't really need to get better vision at a baseball?

Lasik surgery = legal

Many of these drugs/steroids players are taking = illegal

For everyone that think steroids isn't bad, wait til these players are between the ages of 40 and 45, and start dropping dead from heart attacks. If you follow wrestling, you know that an amazing amount of wrestlers die way too early, and steroids can't be helping their bodies.

Look, my point is that players do dangerous things all the time. Look at the NFL's infatuation with cortizone for example. Being illegal? OK, I can accept that, but I think it doesn't enhance performance more than oxygen tenting, lasik surgery or other kinds of medical procedures that athletes might undertake to get an edge. If one is wrong, they all should be.

If you don't think Lasik is an unnecessary risk, ask Kathy Griffin.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 05:26 PM)
I'm pretty sure you're wrong...

I think his wife stuck with him during his illness, he recovered won a few tours and then he went out and cheated on her with Sheryl Crow.

That's what I said in another thread about Armstrong, but someone told me I was wrong and I took their word for it. I knew I had to be right because I know everything.

Lance Armstrong is just another asshole in a long line of assholes which is professional sports.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 02:18 AM)
Lance Armstrong is just another asshole in a long line of assholes which is professional sports.

Yes, it's great Armstrong can be an inspiration for other cancer survivors. However, I'll always remember this quote I heard by Boers and Bernstein about Armstrong "just cause you survive cancer, it doesn't make you a great guy".

So let me get this straight, right now we are all believing the test results produced by a French magazine(the french despise Armstrong for winning the tour), and judge him right now on that? I thought you guys would have a little better sense than that.

How is it that the director of the tour can attack Armstrong and in the same sentence admit that the Magazine has not produced the same documents that it printed in the paper? This test was not conducted by a member of the Tour, neither a representative from the tour or Armstrong's representatives were present. Seems like this story needs to be drawn out a little more before we declare this man guilty. Im not saying he isnt, but I am not picking up a pitchfork and torch just yet.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 11:03 PM)
So let me get this straight, right now we are all believing the test results produced by a French magazine(the french despise Armstrong for winning the tour), and judge him right now on that? I thought you guys would have a little better sense than that.

How is it that the director of the tour can attack Armstrong and in the same sentence admit that the Magazine has not produced the same documents that it printed in the paper? This test was not conducted by a member of the Tour, neither a representative from the tour or Armstrong's representatives were present.  Seems like this story needs to be drawn out a little more before we declare this man guilty.  Im not saying he isnt, but I am not picking up a pitchfork and torch just yet.

I'm sure plenty of us have had these thoughts for a long time. This isn't knee-jerk.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 11:15 PM)
I'm sure plenty of us have had these thoughts for a long time.  This isn't knee-jerk.

But nothing has been confirmed, and I think this thing sounds a little shady. Hopefully they can conduct the same test with another sample, because right now the same fingerpointing is going on.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 12:16 AM)
Not nearly as much information has been made available on Derek Lowe, as it was made years back to the "Athlete of the Year."

How much info do you need? He's banging that Fox reporter. I think that covers it.