Game Thread 8/24, Twinkies Game 2

Texsox

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 01:24 AM)
Hey hey....way to go Dye.  Mays is really a liability for the Twins.  I won't be surprised if this was his last start for them this year.  Baker has got to give them a better chance to win.  Who cares though, he was exactly what this team needed.

Next year's rotation? Santana - Radke - Silva - Liriano - Baker...

:crying

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 01:25 AM)
Next year's rotation?  Santana - Radke - Silva - Liriano - Baker...

:crying

Big deal. I'm not worried about rookie pitchers dominating right away for a full season. Where's our rotation next season with McCarthy?

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 01:28 AM)
I believe so.  Mauer, Corky Miller and Redmond.  LeCroy is supposedly a catcher too though he is mostly a DH for them.

I don't think Corky's on the roster anymore? If he is, then he's their 3rd catcher. If not, LeCroy definitely can catch.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 01:29 AM)
I don't think Corky's on the roster anymore?  If he is, then he's their 3rd catcher.  If not, LeCroy definitely can catch.

Yeah, I just checked and Corky isn't on the roster anymore. For some reason I didn't think he was.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 01:28 AM)
Big deal.  I'm not worried about rookie pitchers dominating right away for a full season.  Where's our rotation next season with McCarthy?

Good point, and McCarthy is dominating at Charlotte.

I don't know what's going to happen next year. If Contreras finishes the season on a rush, I'd tend to think his trade value would be at a peak -- I assume he'll finish the season with an ERA around 4.00, and for $6 million bucks, that's a good deal.

It's pretty much Buehrle/Garcia/Garland, and after that... we'll see.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 01:31 AM)
Good point, and McCarthy is dominating at Charlotte. 

I don't know what's going to happen next year.  If Contreras finishes the season on a rush, I'd tend to think his trade value would be at a peak -- I assume he'll finish the season with an ERA around 4.00, and for $6 million bucks, that's a good deal.

It's pretty much Buehrle/Garcia/Garland, and after that...  we'll see.

I'll be shocked if Contreras isn't traded this offseason. We need to free up some payroll, and many teams will be willing to invest in Contreras with one year left on his deal. You don't think a team like the Reds wouldn't give him a shot to be their best pitcher?

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 01:33 AM)
I'll be shocked if Contreras isn't traded this offseason.  We need to free up some payroll, and many teams will be willing to invest in Contreras with one year left on his deal.  You don't think a team like the Reds wouldn't give him a shot to be their best pitcher?

I was actually thinking about Milwaukee. I think Overbay will be right at the top of the Sox' radar this offseason.

I'd love to see Overbay and Mueller brought in next year for the corners, but that's a long way off.

Rack 'em up!

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 01:35 AM)
I was actually thinking about Milwaukee.  I think Overbay will be right at the top of the Sox' radar this offseason.

I'd love to see Overbay and Mueller brought in next year for the corners, but that's a long way off.

Remember, it's a hell of a lot easier to trade a player with one year left on his contract. I'll say this: in a way, I'm happy that Gload isn't putting up a season this year like he did last year. I would never want the Sox to even consider him for the starting 1b position to start the season.