Game Thread 8/24, Twinkies Game 2

Texsox

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 06:00 PM)
Is it last night's loss that makes the Sox play better tonight, or is it just poor pitching and an opponent with a Sunday line-up?

Personally speaking I think the Sox offense looks to have awaken starting on that Sunday game vs the Yanks. Yesterday they didn't get runs and it got a little ugly late in the game, but they were hitting the ball hard for a good amount of time last night and the Twins were just flashing the leather.

Today they have double digit hits and could have quite a few more. I like what I'm seeing a lot and I think we are going to see this team start winning series again.

QUOTE(S720 @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 02:01 AM)
What are you talking about "probably?"  Tampa WILL win that game. 

Period!

Take it easy. The last few weeks, they've been coming back from huge deficits late in the game. He was just being sarcastic.

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 07:01 PM)
Buehrle looking like he will snap that 5 game losing streak to Minnesota!!   Does 31 mean anything to anyone?!?!  YES!!!

I think you mean 30 :D

Edited by CYGarland

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 02:02 AM)
Personally speaking I think the Sox offense looks to have awaken starting on that Sunday game vs the Yanks.  Yesterday they didn't get runs and it got a little ugly late in the game, but they were hitting the ball hard for a good amount of time last night and the Twins were just flashing the leather.

Today they have double digit hits and could have quite a few more.  I like what I'm seeing a lot and I think we are going to see this team start winning series again.

I like the swings I've been seeing from basically everyone but Rowand. PK is absolutely on every single pitch.

QUOTE(Gldfinger5 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 08:00 PM)
Who would you guys say the slowest person in the majors is?  Benji Molina?

i was reading a jason stark column a couple days ago about speed... i think there was like two active players with no triples or stolen bases... jason phillips i think and johnny estrada