Is KW still with us?

Harry Chappas

Some issues while reading through the forum this morning.

7 game lead is still nice. We are guaranteed to still be in first on Sept. 1st for what it is worth.

Wouldn't Joe Borchard or and god help me greg Norton look good agaisnt a below average righty? The kind that we seem lost against (Towers, Meche, etc.) I am not saying these guys are the answer but what is the purpose of Jon Adkins? Borchard can strike out as much as Rowand and Dye but can still get a run with one swing. I AM NOT SAYING HE IS THE DIFFERENCE, just an option as s***ty as it may be.

Who is going to start the DH next week? Someone pitching on 3 days rest????

Does anyone think that Ozzie and Kw really think this thing is done and we have enough to get to the playoffs and hope for the best?????

The Timo move last night was disgusting. Why doesn't Ozuna play more???

Jeff Blum?????

Ugh.

Edited by Jenks Heat

i know guys are hurting but we need to stick with the same lineup for more than 2 days in a row. It seems that we are always resting a different guy each day. Let's rest them when we lock up the division not when we are going from a 14.5 game lead to a 7 game lead and have lost 8 of the last 9.

1. Ozuna-LF

2. Iguchi-2B

3. Everett-DH

4. Konerko-1B

5. Rowand-CF

6. Dye- RF

7. A.J- C

8. Crede/Blum-3B

9. Uribe-2B

AJ needs a rest every 4th game and that's fine. Also isnt stealing a base imperitive in small ball. When was the last time we actually stole a base???

QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 02:33 PM)
AJ needs a rest every 4th game and that's fine. Also isnt stealing a base imperitive in small ball. When was the last time we actually stole a base???

Unlike many Sox pitchers, other teams actually hold base runners on. We have some terrible base runners, like Ozuna and Uribe. We're better off doing hit-and-runs than straight steals. Of course, you can't steal if you get on base.

Kenny is on the phone calling other GM's to see if he can get a bat. But, you and I wouldn't know that because, well, it's none of our damn business until he gets it done. AGAIN, I have faith in Kenny that he is trying to get something done. Will he? I don't know. But he can't wave a magic wand and make something happen. He can offer the damn farm, literally, and the other team may not want it. It happens, y'know.

I was on vacation since last Wednesday, so I didn't have to experience much of this, thank God. But, the worst thing about last night was the dugout in the ninth with one on and Rowand at the plate. Not a sole standing. Everyone was sitting and looking dead. Sad. Really sad. That's shot says it all about this team right now. Has it been that way for the past week?

QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 03:31 PM)
I was on vacation since last Wednesday, so I didn't have to experience much of this, thank God. But, the worst thing about last night was the dugout in the ninth with one on and Rowand at the plate. Not a sole standing. Everyone was sitting and looking dead. Sad. Really sad. That's shot says it all about this team right now. Has it been that way for the past week?

It's been much, much worse. Last night was a spirited effort compared to most of the games in the last week.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 08:07 AM)
Wouldn't Joe Borchard or and god help me greg Norton look good agaisnt a below average righty?  The kind that we seem lost against (Towers, Meche, etc.)  I am not saying these guys are the answer but what is the purpose of Jon Adkins?  Borchard can strike out as much as Rowand and Dye but can still get a run with one swing.  I AM NOT SAYING HE IS THE DIFFERENCE, just an option as s***ty as it may be.

I brought up Borchard over the weekend only to be met by rasberries. He should be here soon enough. I mean why not...like you said...at least an option who couldn't do any worse than some of these skirts right now.

After seeing guys like Matt Lawton traded for the likes of Jody Gerut, it's hard to believe Kenny couldn't scrape together a deal other than Geoff Blum.

Make no mistake about it, I believe this team is better with Willie off the 25 man roster and Geoff has been one of the team's best hitters throughout the slump...but, there has got to be something out there.

If it ain't Griffey, fine. But, it has to be someone.

Let's get some new faces in here to shake things up because this offense needs a serious kick in the arse.

QUOTE(Wanne @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 04:58 PM)
I brought up Borchard over the weekend only to be met by rasberries.  He should be here soon enough.  I mean why not...like you said...at least an option who couldn't do any worse than some of these skirts right now.

Not by me. I would support Joe Borchard being called up. In fact I think he should have been here before the Anderson kid who needs more seasoning.

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:13 PM)
Not by me. I would support Joe Borchard being called up. In fact I think he should have been here before the Anderson kid who needs more seasoning.

You guys think you're brave don't ya? Bringing up a JB promotion on the message board.

I said it in person to 3 esteemed members of Soxtalk on Saturday. :lol:

As I've posted in the other forum, I think Borchard would be a great callup right now.

If our Sox have decided to abandon the style of baseball that earned them the best record in baseball--that is, Ozzie-ball, smart-ball, small-ball, etc.--and revert to their long-ball first attitude, why not call Borchard up. At the very least, he'll put the ball in the seats and if our pitchers continue to allow >4 ERs per start, he may provide some much-needed offense.

Either Adkins or Anderson can go back down. Take your pick.

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:18 PM)
As I've posted in the other forum, I think Borchard would be a great callup right now.

If our Sox have decided to abandon the style of baseball that earned them the best record in baseball--that is, Ozzie-ball, smart-ball, small-ball, etc.--and revert to their long-ball first attitude, why not call Borchard up.  At the very least, he'll put the ball in the seats and if our pitchers continue to allow >4 ERs per start, he may provide some much-needed offense.

Either Adkins or Anderson can go back down.  Take your pick.

I think Adkins will head back to Charlotte for a call up of BMac before that DH in Texas. Though, I wish they'd pitch BMac before the Texas series and push everyone back a day. Texas seems to have his number.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 09:07 AM)
Some issues while reading through the forum this morning.

7 game lead is still nice.  We are guaranteed to still be in first on Sept. 1st for what it is worth.

Wouldn't Joe Borchard or and god help me greg Norton look good agaisnt a below average righty?  The kind that we seem lost against (Towers, Meche, etc.)  I am not saying these guys are the answer but what is the purpose of Jon Adkins?  Borchard can strike out as much as Rowand and Dye but can still get a run with one swing.  I AM NOT SAYING HE IS THE DIFFERENCE, just an option as s***ty as it may be.

Who is going to start the DH next week?  Someone pitching on 3 days rest????

Does anyone think that Ozzie and Kw really think this thing is done and we have enough to get to the playoffs and hope for the best?????

The Timo move last night was disgusting.  Why doesn't Ozuna play more??? 

Jeff Blum?????

Ugh.

Geoff Blum is just about the only guy that's hitting right now other than Ozuna. Blum has picked up 7 hits in his last 6 games including a hit in 5 out of his last 6. He is the least of our worries. I'd like to see Geoff in there everyday.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:17 PM)
You guys think you're brave don't ya?  Bringing up a JB promotion on the message board. 

I said it in person to 3 esteemed members of Soxtalk on Saturday.    :lol:

And then ran... :P

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 11:17 AM)
You guys think you're brave don't ya?  Bringing up a JB promotion on the message board. 

I said it in person to 3 esteemed members of Soxtalk on Saturday.    :lol:

I didn't even know you were in attendance on Saturday. Although I do know exactly who you were after hearing that you were there....hmmm

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:20 PM)
I think Adkins will head back to Charlotte for a call up of BMac before that DH in Texas.  Though, I wish they'd pitch BMac before the Texas series and push everyone back a day.  Texas seems to have his number.

Texas has many people's number...

It's just the fact that it's Texas. I'd like more BMac starts against teams with less of an offense than those guys.

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:23 PM)
I didn't even know you were in attendance on Saturday. Although I do know exactly who you were after hearing that you were there....hmmm

YAS was long gone by the time you got there, slacker. :P