Is KW still with us?

Harry Chappas

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 11:25 AM)
Were you around the group at the tailgate?

Yeah I rolled up about 15 minutes before the game started. I would've gotten there sooner except Steff had me making circles around the park, visiting every group of port-o-potties along the way. :banghead :P

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:27 PM)
Yeah I rolled up about 15 minutes before the game started. I would've gotten there sooner except Steff had me making circles around the park, visiting every group of port-o-potties along the way.  :banghead  :P

Uhhh.. duh. I had been drinking since 9:30 in the morning.. :lolhitting

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 11:20 AM)
Geoff Blum is just about the only guy that's hitting right now other than Ozuna. Blum has picked up 7 hits in his last 6 games including a hit in 5 out of his last 6. He is the least of our worries. I'd like to see Geoff in there everyday.

When he came to the plate in the 7th (I think) it said he was hitting .218 with 0 HR and 0 RBI. Did I read it wrong?

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:30 PM)
When he came to the plate in the 7th (I think) it said he was hitting .218 with 0 HR and 0 RBI.  Did I read it wrong?

Blum went 2-18 (.111) in his first 8 games with the Sox. Since then, in his last 6 games he's 7-20 (.350).

First 8 Games: .111

Since (6 gms): .350

He's been our hottest hitter of late, he should be in the lineup everday.

I think KW is still with us, he played with the Sox and he's paid to make them better. He has the desire to win a World Series urgently. And I honestly do think he'll pick up a bat soon. Sure it probably won't be Griffey Jr. but someone who will make our offense better. As far as Ozuna playing leftfield, I don't want to see him playing there in the Metrodome, it's hard enough to find the ball there, let alone for him who takes bad angles on balls.

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 11:08 AM)
I think KW is still with us, he played with the Sox and he's paid to make them better. He has the desire to win a World Series urgently. And I honestly do think he'll pick up a bat soon. Sure it probably won't be Griffey Jr. but someone who will make our offense better. As far as Ozuna playing leftfield, I don't want to see him playing there in the Metrodome, it's hard enough to find the ball there, let alone for him who takes bad angles on balls.

Buster Olney was just on ESPN radio talking about the Sox with Dan Patrick's idiotic replacement. He says that KW has done everything he can to bring in Griffey, it's in the hands of the Reds. I think his words were something along the lines of "he's tried desperately."

I feel bad for Aaron, but the truth is that he's not playing very well or very consistent.