Batboy Suspended

DBAHO

If anyone wants to see this sort of thing in action, check out 311's DVD "Enlarged to Show Detail 2"

In the bonus features, the band has the 1/2 hour bet with fans for front row seats and backstage passes. People were vomiting milk EVERYWHERE. One kid looked like he was gonna hold it down, and boom goes the dynamite(*snicker*).

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back in the good old days during the 70's, eating one of everything on the McDonald's Menu was the challenge. I finally managed once. Talk about a terrible feeling for a couple days. With all the stuff they have now, it would be impossible.

Typical locker room hijinks........ When I was a freshman in college, I walked into one of the dorm rooms of some of the older guys on the baseball team. As I walked in, one of the guys in the back started pouring beers into a pitcher. I had no idea why and everyone was just talking normal BS.

When he filled it with 4 1/2 beers, he walked up to me and handed it to me. Said that freshman had to down the pitcher to be part of the team. They said the record was 42 seconds and I had 30 seconds to start, there was no weasling out.

Well, me being the seasoned drinker I was at the time (had a lot of fun in HS!), I thought "s***, this will be easy".

I took a couple of deep breaths and went to town. I had more than half of it down before I came up for air. I let out a small burp and went back at it. I was probably 85% done with only 29 seconds gone when I stopped to burp and take another breath. As I started to finish it off (in record time), I could feel it coming back up. I tried to burp it out again and realized it was a lost cause. They could see it in my face and threw the door open and yelled "Two doors down on the left!"

I sprinted there and unfortunately lost it all. I did make it to the bathroom, but it wasn't pretty. I cleaned myself up, went back all disappointed and embarrased and they all applauded the effort. I had my next (single) beer within 20 minutes!

Ah, college days............

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 11:12 PM)
Along with the milk, try eating one slice of bread in thirty seconds.

Seems easy, but I couldn't do it.  You have absolutely no saliva, and it you can't swallow.  And, I mean chewed and swallowed, not just put the whole thing in your mouth...

I used to win so much money liek that but with saltines. "I bet you a dollar you can't eat 5 saltines in 1 minute." No one ever did it. :headbang

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 10:12 PM)
Along with the milk, try eating one slice of bread in thirty seconds.

Seems easy, but I couldn't do it.  You have absolutely no saliva, and it you can't swallow.  And, I mean chewed and swallowed, not just put the whole thing in your mouth...

Hmmm...this one seems doable.

I'm gonna have to try it. :)

If you're allowed to smash it down, it doesn't sound so tough...

This is a dumb suspension. What happened to the batboy has happened to rookies for decades and I'm sure batboys as well.

I looked it up and it's not possible to drink a gallon of milk that fast without throwing up. The gallon of milk is more than your stomach can hold, plus the fact that dairy is extremely slow to digest.

QUOTE(SHAFTR @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 02:25 AM)
This is a dumb suspension.  What happened to the batboy has happened to rookies for decades and I'm sure batboys as well. 

I looked it up and it's not possible to drink a gallon of milk that fast without throwing up.  The gallon of milk is more than your stomach can hold, plus the fact that dairy is extremely slow to digest.

Thank you, I was wondering if being milk made it more difficult.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 08:02 AM)
Do you think it can be done with water..?

Yes. I was looking at the relative size of a gallon on milk, and the pile of hotdogs that are eaten during the Coney Island contest, and thinking it must be the milk.

Yikes.. some Marlin's fans are taking this just a tad bit too far, IMO. :unsure:

http://www.marlinbaseball.com/forums/index...pic=49200&st=25

"Were it me, and I was the parent of this kid I would have sought to file charges against Penny, I would go after him with every resource I have and seek to have him branded a child molester."

:o

I once tried to do 100 shots of beer in 100 minutes. Same result as the gallon of milk. I think I got to 60-65, but to tell the truth, I was feeling kind of bad in the teens. It's not really all that much beer, it's the carbonation that catches up with you. And 60 seconds goes unbelievably quick when you don't want it to. :puke

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 12:43 PM)
I once tried to do 100 shots of beer in 100 minutes.  Same result as the gallon of milk.  I think I got to 60-65, but to tell the truth, I was feeling kind of bad in the teens.  It's not really all that much beer, it's the carbonation that catches up with you.  And 60 seconds goes unbelievably quick when you don't want it to. :puke

So you pretty much did a power hour with an extra 40 minutes? That's rough.