If your gonna whine and jump off a cliff

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 02:26 AM)
I am one of the board optimists on here, everyone knows that. HOWEVER, we are all hoping the Sox win the whole god damn thing. If a team is supposed to do that, you need to beat the good ones. There isnt anymore "We ran into a good one." Were supposed to be the good ones.

You want to be the Best, you have to be the Best.

We don't and Can't do either.

Well said.

This is abysmal. I know it's Santana, but this has been weeks now. Even at the end of our last (too short) win streak, we were winning 2-1, 3-2, etc. Score some runs, already, pick up someone by trade, help.

I don't think we're this bad, but I didn't think that early in the season, either, and now it's worse. Don't let this one away.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 02:32 AM)
We are now what...7.5 games up?

How long did it take us to lose those 7 games to bring us from 14.5 to this?

How many weeks are left in the season?

Hmmm, why was I hating to see our fans getting all "puffy chested"?

So, we can't root for the A's to lose or be worried about another team catching us for best record? I'm still happy we rested Pods so he can be healthy for the postseason.

I'm absolutly ashamed to the point that I actually wished I wasn't a White Sox fan tonight.

I'm sick. I'm finished. If this team doesn't make the playoffs, it's over...I will never cheer this team again.

I know I'm spewing garbage, I know I'm spewing hate...but I deserve more than this...we all do.

Griffey was what we needed...but didn't get, and will not get...and this is what we have instead.

It's over.

The Indians are the AL Central Champions...and we are the ultimate losers.

If this team doesn't win this division, they just lost a fan. And yes, I realize you kool aid drinking Sox smarks will disagree with me, but I no longer care...I can't take it anymore. This is the worst display in the history of sports.

A 1 hitter loss.

f*** these overpaid b****es. The only way I take any of this back is if we actually win this division...which I no longer see happening.

:crying

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 08:33 PM)
Part of me (the sick part) wants this team to blow the lead and not make the playoffs.  Anyone else have this?

no, because if (when?) the Sox collapse this year it's over. Sox don't have the fan base for a "curse" type of marketing, and KW and Ozzie are going to go nowhere for a few years, and their faces will remind all Sox fans of this pathetic showing.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)
So, we can't root for the A's to lose or be worried about another team catching us for best record?  I'm still happy we rested Pods so he can be healthy for the postseason.

Something has went terrible wrong fathom is an optimist and everybody else is pessimist??

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 08:36 PM)
So, we can't root for the A's to lose or be worried about another team catching us for best record?  I'm still happy we rested Pods so he can be healthy for the postseason.

I am seriously worried about getting to the post-season right now, with the Indians schedule and our s***ty play, 7 more games in 5 weeks not impossible

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 02:37 AM)
I'm absolutly ashamed to the point that I actually wished I wasn't a White Sox fan tonight.

I'm sick.  I'm finished.  If this team doesn't make the playoffs, it's over...I will never cheer this team again.

If this team doesn't win this division, they just lost a fan.  And yes, I realize you kool aid drinking Sox smarks will disagree with me, but I no longer care...I can't take it anymore.  This is the worst display in the history of sports.

A 1 hitter loss.

f*** these overpaid b****es.  The only way I take any of this back is if we actually win this division...which I no longer see happening.

Hey buddy, don't let the door hit you on the way out. I don't care if Sox lose the rest of their games this season....I'll still always root for them.

QUOTE(Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 08:35 PM)
Hey guys, first of all we haven't blown s*** yet. Don't assume nothing. We just need some f***ing help.

Help is not on the way.

KW is going to sit on his hands this year. The last few years, he trades everything for Everett and Alomar. This year when we actually have a chance at doing something, we dont trade because god forbid we trade a good prospect. He might be good like Borchard one day. Now our pitchers got a great message, pitch the game of your life and we will whimper out like a fart trying to swing for the fences.

They dont need bats, with their swings they need Tigers driver. FORE!!!!!!!!!!!

Timo Perez is our answer because he f***ing brought in some nasty panties.

Even though we were winning at the start of the season without Frank, I thought it was a bad deal when I heard he was lost for the year. His bat when healthy would have made a big difference over the last couple of weeks. I honestly thought the race would tighten without him, but I was hoping I was wrong, now I think I was right, and it's very sad. We are not going to win with this lineup.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 09:33 PM)
Part of me (the sick part) wants this team to blow the lead and not make the playoffs.  Anyone else have this?

Umm, why?

If we win in the playoffs I guarantee NOBODY will be talking about this game.

Do you guys actually expact the Sox to keep losing 8 of 9 with Cleveland playing TB every night?

The problem is even if the Sox make the playoffs, you have to face other playoff team's top pitchers. The White Sox offense has very little chance against good pitching. They have stopped running. They have stopped advancing runners. They don't situational hit, and if you don't have a couple .300 hitters, you aren't going to score much with that approach. It was fairly obvious in the second inning tonight that Garcia would have to pitch a shutout to win. I posted it then, and I'm no genius.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 08:38 PM)
Help is not on the way. 

KW is going to sit on his hands this year.  The last few years, he trades everything for Everett and Alomar.  This year when we actually have a chance at doing something, we dont trade because god forbid we trade a good prospect.  He might be good like Borchard one day.  Now our pitchers got a great message, pitch the game of your life and we will whimper out like a fart trying to swing for the fences.

They dont need bats, with their swings they need Tigers driver.  FORE!!!!!!!!!!!

Timo Perez is our answer because he f***ing brought in some nasty panties.

well, funny you mention Timo and Borchard in this post. Because it's time to give Borchard a shot at the ML level this year. He absolutely can not do anyworse than this team. What's he going to do? Strike out? who f***ing cares.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 09:37 PM)

I'm sick.  I'm finished.  If this team doesn't make the playoffs, it's over...I will never cheer this team again.

I know I'm spewing garbage, I know I'm spewing hate...but I deserve more than this...we all do.

Griffey was what we needed...but didn't get, and will not get...and this is what we have instead.

It's over.

The Indians are the AL Central Champions...and we are the ultimate losers.

If this team doesn't win this division, they just lost a fan.  And yes, I realize you kool aid drinking Sox smarks will disagree with me, but I no longer care...I can't take it anymore.  This is the worst display in the history of sports.

A 1 hitter loss.

f*** these overpaid b****es.  The only way I take any of this back is if we actually win this division...which I no longer see happening.

That's just pathetic.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 02:38 AM)
I am seriously worried about getting to the post-season right now, with the Indians schedule and our s***ty play, 7 more games in 5 weeks not impossible

I said it in chat the other day, and I'll say it in here: The Sox won't make the playoffs. Now, before anyone says "well, if you know what's going to happen, why do you watch?" Well, just cause I say that's what I think will happen, it doesn't mean that's what I'm cheering for. I don't think our current offense has the ability to finish strong this season. The Indians and Twins have a ton of momentum. And if anyone thinks we can beat the Indians 1-0 like we were earlier in the year, that's not happening with their hitters swinging the way they are now.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 08:39 PM)
Umm, why?

If we win in the playoffs I guarantee NOBODY will be talking about this game.

Do you guys actually expact the Sox to keep losing 8 of 9 with Cleveland playing TB every night?

no, but sox can lose 6 out of 9, and Cleveland plays KC or Tampa every night.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 02:40 AM)
The problem is even if the Sox make the playoffs, you have to face other playoff team's top pitchers. The White Sox offense has very little chance against good pitching. They have stopped running. They have stopped advancing runners. They don't situational hit, and if you don't have a couple .300  hitters, you aren't going to score much with that approach. It was fairly obvious in the second inning tonight that Garcia would have to pitch a shutout to win. I posted it then, and I'm no genius.

Making the playoffs and getting swept is better than any scenario which doesn't have the team making the playoffs.