If your gonna whine and jump off a cliff

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 08:48 PM)
Trust me, I never wanted it to go this way.  I would have liked nothing else for the lead to stay in double digits all year, and for people to continue to bash me for being a pessimist.  The one thing that pissed me off more than anything was when people would use stupid stats like "if the Sox go 21-20, etc".  Who in their right mind thinks it's a guarantee that a team goes .500?  This Sox team isn't talented enough to take their foot off of the accelerator...and I honestly feel like that's what we did.

After 4 straight years of dissappointments I think its fair to place the burden of proof on the Sox as to whether they're really going places or not.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 09:51 PM)
For all you people jumping off the bandwagon your f***ing idiots

and the soxtalk civil war is on again.

this time i'm caught in-between instead of being solely on the optimistic side.

i guess that means i get shot.

I think it's funny how Hawk tried to say this wasn't like other games we tanked vs the Twins. I think this was the prototype game that sums up the futility we've had vs the Twins in previous seasons. Great defense by the Twins, terrible execution by the Sox, and that timely homer by the Twins.

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 02:52 AM)

For once I'm in between and not on the optimistic side as well. Still more optimistic than anything.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 08:51 PM)
For all you people jumping off the bandwagon your f***ing idiots

I have been a whitesox fan since I can remember. I have seen some pathetic losses over my years.

The only thing this would motivate me to do, is line up with all my sox bretheren at Soxfest for the Q&A session for Kenny or his successor depending if we collapse.

Never would any of this sadness stop me from being a whitesox fan.

Seriusly, dude, you know nothing.

I'm 30. I've lived in Bridgeport for 30 years...and I'm just tired of this. I admit, I'm a bit drunk right now so I'm just burning from this 1 hitter BULLs*** loss..and I know I'll take all this back tomorrow morning... (it's taking me forever to spellcheck this), but this is just...I don't even have the words for it...I can't take it...

But don't tell me to get off your bandwagon..what are you, 18? YOU'RE on MY bandwagon, son. I've been a fan before you were born. K---BYE. Oh, and...if you do happen to be older than me, I apologize for being on your bandwagon, but I doubt it. :D

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 08:51 PM)
Dude, have fun. I seriously don't want you claiming to be a Sox fan. GET THE f*** OFF MY BANDWAGON. I'll continue to be a "loser sox fan" for the rest of my life, it doesn't mean I'm a blind f*** that doesnt' see obvious holes in my favorite team, it means they are my favorite team I hate them right now but tomorrow night I'll be cheering for them again. If they blow it I'll be f***ing pissed and b**** and moan but I'm not just going to quit being a fan. That's just f***ing stupid. You f***ing make me sick.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 09:54 PM)

I'm 30.  I've lived in Bridgeport for 30 years...and I'm just tired of this.  I admit, I'm a bit drunk right now so I'm just burning from this 1 hitter BULLs*** loss..and I know I'll take all this back tomorrow morning... (it's taking me forever to spellcheck this), but this is just...I don't even have the words for it...I can't take it...

But don't tell me to get off your bandwagon..what are you, 18?  YOU'RE on MY bandwagon, son.  I've been a fan before you were born.  K---BYE.  Oh, and...if you do happen to be older than me, I apologize for being on your bandwagon, but I doubt it.  :D

You sure as f*** don't sound like a fan to me. I don't give a s*** how old you are.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 09:53 PM)
I think it's funny how Hawk tried to say this wasn't like other games we tanked vs the Twins.  I think this was the prototype game that sums up the futility we've had vs the Twins in previous seasons.  Great defense by the Twins, terrible execution by the Sox, and that timely homer by the Twins.

Futility is going in to the bottom of the 9th with a 3 run lead and watching Foulke give up 4 (f***ing Denny Hocking). Futility is an easy inning ending DP and watching Valentin throw the ball into the f***ing dugout. Futility is an 18-3 beatdown.

This was just bad luck.

You were born in 1987, no wonder you can still take this futility and not mind...

Give it another 12 years, like I have on you, and then perhaps you'll start getting SO sick of losses like this one (a 1 hitter loss) that you'll want to puke for 8 hours and then go to work in the morning hung over on SOX suckage.

=D

Like I said, I reserve the right to take all this back in the morning...this is why you shouldn't drink, kids.

And go to sleep, it's past your bedtime. :D

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 08:54 PM)

I'm 30.  I've lived in Bridgeport for 30 years...and I'm just tired of this.  I admit, I'm a bit drunk right now so I'm just burning from this 1 hitter BULLs*** loss..and I know I'll take all this back tomorrow morning... (it's taking me forever to spellcheck this), but this is just...I don't even have the words for it...I can't take it...

But don't tell me to get off your bandwagon..what are you, 18?  YOU'RE on MY bandwagon, son.  I've been a fan before you were born.  K---BYE.  Oh, and...if you do happen to be older than me, I apologize for being on your bandwagon, but I doubt it.  :D

QUOTE(SnB @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 08:52 PM)

I need something more to hold onto than a great 1st half of a season to be optimistic about this team.

For that the following has to happen.

1. Team has to look sharp going down the stretch.

2. Team has to play well against potential playoff opponents.

Neither of those 2 are happening right now. Since the break we've been playing lousy baseball and thats mostly the fault of the hitters. I though the focus of this year was supposed to be "smartball" but instead every meathead in the lineup save Pods and Gooch are swinging for a 3 run homer with nobody on base. Add to that the fact that our potential playoff rivals are cleaning up the floor with us.

Those who want to be optimistic can be if they want to.....thats their choice, but the facts of life right now are totally against them.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 09:45 PM)
Matt Lawton, Eduardo Perez, Raul Ibanez

Lawton .235/.257/.309 since joining the club.

Ibanez and Perez are still with their teams, so how were they "realistically" attainable? How do you know KW didn't try to get these guys?

Don't bother.

I may only be turning 29 in a few months ;), but I can't take this feeling the pain of each loss anymore. It's been what, 88 years (don't know if my math is still with me) since this team won a WS and 46 years since they stepped foot into "The Game." I understand now why my mom (56 yrs old and a fan since birth) had to take a step back a few years ago.

This s*** hurts too damned much and it gets infuriating after awhile as well.

Edited by Queen Prawn

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 09:54 PM)
I would have rather lost this game 15-0 then the way we lost it.

Then people would be b****ing about our pitching along with our offense.

Would any of you be willing to take this loss if it mean we won the series?

Or would you rather have a no-hitter but lose two of 3?

I don't have to be a blind idiot leading the blind to be a "Sox" fan.

I know, deep down, no matter what I said I'll be a fan of this team (even if they make me cry like tonight), but it doesn't mean I have to drink the kool-aid and think they are they best team EVER every night.

Tonight they got spanked in the worst way.

Losing 1-0 in a 1 hitter is worse than losing 10-0 in a 20 hitter, at least to me. :(

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 08:56 PM)
You sure as f*** don't sound like a fan to me. I don't give a s*** how old you are.

THANK YOU.

:D

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 08:58 PM)
I may only be turning 29 in a few months ;), but I can't take this feeling the pain of each loss anymore.  It's been what, 88 years (don't know if my math is still with me) since this team won a WS and 46 years since they stepped foot into "The Game."  I understand now why my mom (56 yrs old and a fan since birth) had to take a step back a few years ago. 

This s*** hurts too damned much and it gets infuriating after awhile as well.

This offense is worse than last year when we had Borchard patrolling RF.

If we had this pitching staff with last years team(even without Maggs and Thomas) we get into the playoffs.

This is a f***ing joke.

In fact I am waiting for Borchard to come up. For f***s sake they only swing for the fences at least have someone who can hit like s*** and have some power.

Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 02:54 AM)
I have been a whitesox fan since I can remember.  I have seen some pathetic losses over my years. 

The only thing this would motivate me to do, is line up with all my sox bretheren at Soxfest for the Q&A session for Kenny or his successor depending if we collapse.

Let me help you plan your speech: "Mr. Stone, can I ask you a question"?

So why's it so bad? The offense that is. Well collectively, I put it down to 3 guys, Uribe, Crede and Rowand. Everyone else on offense has performed adequately enough, and these 3 haven't. And yeah I'll get flamed for saying Rowand because he's clutch right? Well I'm sorry, there's no reason to be clutch if you hardly get any RBI chances anyways. A .740 OPS is not good enough for an everyday center - fielder offensively. He's pretty much an automatic out right now.

Looks like an SOS to Rafael Furcal in the off-season, unless a better solution via a trade can be found for 3rd base. I'm also of the opinion Everett needs to pick it up, even though August has been the 2nd best month this season for him.

QUOTE(ChiSoxFan @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 02:56 AM)
Futility is going in to the bottom of the 9th with a 3 run lead and watching Foulke give up 4 (f***ing Denny Hocking).  Futility is an easy inning ending DP and watching Valentin throw the ball into the f***ing dugout.  Futility is an 18-3 beatdown.

This was just bad luck.

Bad luck? J. Jones blasted a hanging curveball. Rowand had numerous meatballs to hit tonight, and he was too busy fouling them off over the dugout. Luck didn't make Stewart and Ford catch those balls. If so, then J. Dye got very lucky also. Our offense flat out blows, and our manager has no f***ing clue how to manage a team during a game. What a f***ing insult to Iguchi to get lifted for a ph.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 03:06 AM)
Looks like an SOS to Rafael Furcal in the off-season, unless a better solution via a trade can be found for 3rd base. I'm also of the opinion Everett needs to pick it up, even though August has been the 2nd best month this season for him.

Furcal's a Cubs player if the Braves don't resign him.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 09:06 PM)
Bad luck?  J. Jones blasted a hanging curveball.  Rowand had numerous meatballs to hit tonight, and he was too busy fouling them off over the dugout.  Luck didn't make Stewart and Ford catch those balls.  If so, then J. Dye got very lucky also. Our offense flat out blows, and our manager has no f***ing clue how to manage a team during a game.  What a f***ing insult to Iguchi to get lifted for a ph.

BTW can we officially kill the Timo is clutch crap. 2-1 and he swings at a fastball at his neck. His job is to take pitches and get on base in the 9th leading off. But no, Mr. Fattypanties has to swipe at the ball like a mouse on drugs.

But hey he provides a service that we shall not talk about. And buys panties from the big girl section.

QUOTE(whitesoxjr27 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 09:10 PM)
that whole timo for Iguchi in the ninth just flat out blows my mind.

Timo Perez is like the dork in school who you had to let play because he was the only one with a ball. I havent hated a player more since Royce K-Layton was here.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 09:14 PM)
Timo Perez is like the dork in school who you had to let play because he was the only one with a ball.  I havent hated a player more since Royce K-Layton was here.

Royce and Borchard hit circles around this panty buying girlfriend of Ozzie.