If your gonna whine and jump off a cliff

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:51 AM)
The naysayers are gonna get sick of me the next few weeks because I refuse to lose faith and abandon ship.

BRING BACK PODS.

p.s. good game freddie; keep it up.

Do you think Freddy honestly took anything from this game other than, "f***! with this pitiful offense I have to throw a complete game shutout to get a win. Maybe."?

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 11:49 PM)
But Irish,

The trade deadline is passed. There are no options.

Enjoy the ride; we are gonna right the ship.

there will be a bat or two moved before 9/1. Now, the quality of the bats may be in question, but a player like Todd Walker will be moved, maybe even a Cliff Floyd. Again, one may argue they wouldn't help, but I wouldn't be suprised with Rolen out Jocketty (sp?) in St. Louis pulls a solid trade off...

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 11:53 PM)
Do you think Freddy honestly took anything from this game other than, "f***! with this pitiful offense I have to throw a complete game shutout to get a win. Maybe."?

yeah totally, he looked at what Benson and Clement signed for in the offseason and probably determined he doesn't like Ozzie THAT much anymore!

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 05:55 AM)
there will be a bat or two moved before 9/1.  Now, the quality of the bats may be in question, but a player like Todd Walker will be moved, maybe even a Cliff Floyd. Again, one may argue they wouldn't help, but I wouldn't be suprised with Rolen out Jocketty (sp?) in St. Louis pulls a solid trade off...

Floyd's not going anywhere. The Mets can compete with anyone in the NL down the stretch. Maybe we can trade Willie Harris for Todd Walker? :P Actually, Dusty would probably love to get someone like Roosevelt Brown back in the organization.

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 11:49 PM)
But Irish,

The trade deadline is passed. There are no options.

Enjoy the ride; we are gonna right the ship.

The waiver deadline passed. Last time I checked its still August so we can still add someone.

Lets see what our guys are doing to right this ship.

The majority of our lineup has completely died.

Joe Crede has a .115 BA and a .167 OBP

Timo the offical fluffer has a .176BA and a .243 OBP.

Pablo is .190BA with a .261 OBP

Jermaine Dye is at .203BA with a .235OBP and get this a .297 slugging percentage

Rowand is leading the team in Ks and hitting .230 with a .260OBP.

Gooch is hitting .250 with and a .308 OBP.

Uribe is hitting .231 with a .317OBP. Now look at his OBP and he is a meathead and compare him to the rest of the strikeout kings.

The medicore part

AJ hitting .269

The good

Everett is hitting .298

Kong is hitting .333 with 1.200 OPS

But why in the name of god would I give Kong something good to hit. He has Arow and Dye protecting him.

The ship looks like its on its way to offensive bliss to me.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 11:58 PM)
The waiver deadline passed.  Last time I checked its still August so we can still add someone.

Lets see what our guys are doing to right this ship.

The majority of our lineup has completely died.

Joe Crede has a .115 BA and a .167 OBP

Timo the offical fluffer has a .176BA and a .243 OBP.

Pablo is .190BA with a .261 OBP

Jermaine Dye is at .203BA with a .235OBP and get this a .297 slugging percentage

Rowand is leading the team in Ks and hitting .230 with a .260OBP.

Gooch is hitting .250 with and a .308 OBP.

Uribe is hitting .231 with a .317OBP.  Now look at his OBP and he is a meathead and compare him to the rest of the strikeout kings.

The medicore part

AJ hitting .269

The good

Everett is hitting .298

Kong is hitting .333 with 1.200 OPS

But why in the name of god would I give Kong something good to hit.  He has Arow and Dye protecting him. 

The ship looks like its on its way to offensive bliss to me.

Where would they play?

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 11:59 PM)
Where would they play?

I am still trying to figure out what parts of this team are the "speed never slumps" part. That our offense was reworked because it needs to be more consistant. We need not to score 14 and struggle to score a few the next few days.

NOW WE ARE GREAT, WE SCORE 1 RUN EVER OTHER GAME.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 06:02 AM)
I am still trying to figure out what parts of this team are the "speed never slumps" part.  That our offense was reworked because it needs to be more consistant.  We need not to score 14 and struggle to score a few the next few days.

NOW WE ARE GREAT, WE SCORE 1 RUN EVER OTHER GAME.

Besides for Pods, we have below average speed at nearly every position. Even guys that are supposed to be fast, like Rowand and Iguchi, seemingly don't have the wheels they were supposed to. Ozuna and Pods are the only people that play the right way to take advantage of the speed.

it's time KW or Ozzie say something stronger or DO something stronger in KW's case. No more "we're comfortable with Pablo and Timo at leadoff" crap.

OK, maybe KW has exhausted every possible trade scenario from this point, then Owens or Borchard should have a ticket to MN in their hands right now. Timo can go or Anderson can be sent back down, something needs to be shaken up.

Are minor leaguers the best option? Maybe not, statistically it's impossible for them to do any worse.

I don't want to hear ANY injury to Pods/Carl/Kong in the last few weeks from KW or Ozzie either (not that I have) because Atlanta went through a stretch of injuries that was insane, and they had the bench and minor league system to pull them through.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 06:03 AM)
Besides for Pods, we have below average speed at nearly every position.  Even guys that are supposed to be fast, like Rowand and Iguchi, seemingly don't have the wheels they were supposed to.  Ozuna and Pods are the only people that play the right way to take advantage of the speed.

Anderson has pretty good speed as well. However, you wouldn't know it by watching him sit on the bench chewin on sunflower seeds.

QUOTE(SoxFanForever @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 06:09 AM)
Anderson has pretty good speed as well.  However, you wouldn't know it by watching him sit on the bench chewin on sunflower seeds.

He seemed to have good speed walking back to the dugout after swinging through another fastball.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 11:19 PM)
i know but they have faced good pitching.  This was never a good offense anyways.

What are we going to face in the playoffs? Minor leaugers? If we cant hit against them now theres NO WAY we are going to hit against them in the playoffs. You can take that straight to the bank.

I have probably not posted for a month here and have not shown up in game threads either .... some things really keeping me busy

But I make it a point to see the box score every night and I AM FOCKING PISSED AND MAD AND ANGRY AND DISGUSTED with these focking bastages....everyone one of them.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH I SAY. Pull your sorry heads out of your asses and score some focking runs mother fockers. Supposed ace pitchers NEED to start pitching like that (hint: Buerhle you focking bastage). And our focking manager needs to start managing a game. And our GM needs to take off his blinders AND GET A FOCKING BAT IN HERE.

THIS IS PITIFUL.....

:fyou Ozzie

:fyou Buerhle

:fyou El Pukee

:fyou Timo

:fyou Guch

:fyou Fat ass Kong

:fyou Dead

:fyou Jurassic

:fyou Rowand

:fyou AJ

:fyou Cruddy

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:18 AM)
What are we going to face in the playoffs?  Minor leaugers?  If we cant hit against them now theres NO WAY we are going to hit against them in the playoffs.  You can take that straight to the bank.

hey, we have great chemistry!!!

maybe KW meant that Timo is really a chemist and is whipping up a concotion similar to flubber to help the Sox during the post season...

QUOTE(SoxFan562004 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:26 AM)
hey, we have great chemistry!!! 

maybe KW meant that Timo is really a chemist and is whipping up a concotion similar to flubber to help the Sox during the post season...

Well, theres certainly plenty of fluid being sloshed around in Timo's bunsen burner.

LOL

What's the official date for soxtalk.com meltdown 2005? My prediction is about 4 o'clock on Thursday, August 25th if the Sox get swept by the Twins. Combine a possible 3 game losing streak (6 in a row vs Twins), with a 5 game lead in the division, and facing King Felix on Friday.....and you have the formula for an all-time meltdown.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Aug 23, 2005 -> 11:18 PM)
What are we going to face in the playoffs?  Minor leaugers?  If we cant hit against them now theres NO WAY we are going to hit against them in the playoffs.  You can take that straight to the bank.

My answer to that is we're going to throw good pitching at them. Our #3 starter battled their ace all night and lost on one pitch. A 1-0 game in the playoffs? Yeah, that's about right. Maybe if we see Lindsay Johan in the playoffs the hard hit balls drop in and we win this time around. I don't hear Minny beefing about the fact that they only scored 1 run against the sox.

And for the record: the Carny Wilson and Titanic references are two of the funniest I've ever read on this site.

:lolhitting

Where was I in 1983 when the Winnin' Ugly So...err, who CARES.

This isn't two months ago when Buehrles ERA was 2.50, it's hovering over 3 now, because in his last few starts, he's given up 200,000 hits and 100 runs.

It goes to show you how a huge division lead can take the wind out of a teams sails...this team isn't gutless or bad, they're content, which is obvious by the way EVERY one of them is swinging for the fences in EVERY AT BAT. Now that it's gone from a joke to serious, they need to switch back to doing things right, and manufacturing runs without the long ball.

Oh, and if there was any question Ozzie...Iguchi isn't this teams MVP, Podsednik is. Without him, we are weak.

QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 12:44 AM)
:headshake

Where were you when Buehrle's ERA was hovering around 2.50?

Rowand is in the exact same squatty stance as last year. Pitchers have made an adjustment on him, he needs to adjust in return.

I wonder why so many on this board aren't employed in baseball, I'm not either.