From strictly a baseball fan's point of view

mmmmmbeeer

I absolutely loved watching last night's ballgame, despite the outcome. That's what baseball is all about, those guys (pitchers and D) left it all out on the field, Chi and Min. That put those close yankee games in NY to shame, IMO. It's been awhile since I've watched a game and was seriously on the edge of my seat for nearly every pitch. Freddy was pitching not only for his team, but for his venezuelan pride. Santana was pitching to keep hope alive for his entire team, while trying to prove to Freddy why he's the best pitcher out of venezuela. The D on both sides knew the importance of the game in the standings, while the Sox D laid it all on the line to keep Freddy's hope at the no-no intact. I have no idea how in the hell so many people can call baseball boring.

:gosox2:

I put this in the game thread after the game.

I am going to incur some major hate when I say this, but I have no problem with losing that game last night. 

That was the best baseball game I have seen in years at least.  When you throw in the pitching that Santana did, the pitching that Garcia did, especially to pitch over the Ozuna error, the catch by Ford, the catch by Stewart, the catch by Dye, and the play at first base on the Ozuna bunt, that game was a pleasure to watch.

I will be thrilled to death if we play like that in the playoffs.  We hit a lot of balls hard off of the reigning Cy Young pitcher, the Twins defense was just always in the right place.  There is nothing you can do about that.  Our pitching and defense were absolutely unbelievable, and one stinking pitch doesn't change that.

Honestly I am proud of the way the Sox played last night.  In years past this team would have found a way to lose that game.  Last night the Twins found a way to win it before we did, and to me there is a big difference there.  The Sox have zero reasons to hang their heads after last night