Indians can hit..but their pitching stinks..

tony72

For anyone who is worried about the surging Indians...yes - they are hitting over .300 for August but their pitching and bullpen are not too good.

As we well know..hitting is streaky-but pitching will carry a team through slumps.

Cleveland had been playing well over their heads the last few weeks scoring six plus runs a game (I guarantee you - THAT WILL ABSOLUTELY NOT LAST)...

So don't worry too much about the Indians..

Go White Sox !! :gosoxretro:

QUOTE(tony72 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 08:01 PM)
For anyone who is worried about the surging Indians...yes - they are hitting over .300 for August but their pitching and bullpen are not too good.

As we well know..hitting is streaky-but pitching will carry a team through slumps.

Cleveland had been playing well over their heads the last few weeks scoring six plus runs a game (I guarantee you - THAT WILL ABSOLUTELY NOT LAST)...

So don't worry too much about the Indians..

Go White Sox !! :gosoxretro:

i was watching the indians rays game and the announcer said the rays have the second best team BA since the break...could this possibly be true? i know they are playing better ball.....but....

QUOTE(shawnhillegas @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 06:04 PM)
i was watching the indians rays game and the announcer said the rays have the second best team BA since the break...could this possibly be true?  i know they are playing better ball.....but....

They also have the 2nd best W/L record in the AL since the break.

QUOTE(mac9001 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 09:04 PM)
You do realize that Cleveland had the lowest bullpen ERA in all of baseball and their starters are slightly above average. They might not have great pitching, but it certainly doesn't "stink".

Okay ! Okay ! Just trying to be positive !!! :D :bang

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 09:19 PM)
I thought I heard last night Indians have 5th best ERA in the AL.  Westbrook has been surprisingly subpar this year, but C.C. seems to have got his s*** together now.

Team ERA:

1.) White Sox 3.62

2.) Minnesota 3.63

3.) LA Angels 3.68

4.) Oakland 3.68

5.) Cleveland 3.78

Distant...

6.) Toronto 4.10

7.) Detroit 4.19

8.) Yankees 4.48

9.) Seattle 4.45

10.) Baltimore 4.59

The Indians starters are way inconsistant. Their bullpen is what holds this team together, they simply aren't ready quite yet, but they are well on their way to some upcoming dominating seasons...which, won't matter as long as we spend some of the money -- as Reinsdorf said, if we show up, he will spend money.

Well...we have. :cheers

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 09:04 PM)
Doesn't Cleveland statistically have one of the best pitching staffs in baseball (both rotation and pen)????

Cleveland is a good team, no way around it.  I just happen to think the Sox are better.

Don't know the stats, but their bullpen is not s***.

QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 04:21 PM)
Post-AS:

MinnT 19-21 1.23WHIP 3.36ERA

WSox 19-18 1.31WHIP 3.63 ERA

CIndn 23-16 1.23WHIP 3.91 ERA

Tamp  24-14 1.41WHIP 4.35 ERA

CLE entertains the D Rays just before the WSox to close out the season ;)

Tampa is 24-14 since the ASB? :o

Wow. I didn't realize that.

Their lineup is finally hitting. I don't know how the hell Martinez got back up over .280, he was hitting in the .220's for a long time. Peralta, Crisp, Sizemore, and Hafner are all doing pretty well too. Their rotation is still pretty iffy though. Millwood is still playing over his head, Lee is decent, and the rest of the rotation has been awful. Sabathia, Westbrook, and Elarton all have ERA's over 4.60. If their lineup lets up even a little, that's not going to keep them in games, making their success in the bullpen less of a factor.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 07:04 PM)
They also have the 2nd best W/L record in the AL since the break.

which is even more impressive when you consider the fact that they lost their first 4 games...a sweep...at home.

Honestly, I thought they were heading to the cellar after the Sox did that to 'em.