Checking credit score for free.

3E8

Supposed to be a way to do it, but honestly I don't have a clue. I know there are a few different websites you can go to. Maybe Fannie Mae would have some info on this.

If no one gets back to you, I'll check at my office cause I have a site written down there that I've told my clients to check out before. I just never remember what the hell the exact hyperlink is.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 06:33 PM)
Thanks a lot.  A couple of my classmates have had their identities stolen because we put our SS# on our tests/homeworks.  I hope I'm okay.

Ouch that really blows. I know for that reason the California schools stopped using your SS# as your student id and created a campus wide id number for you to use.

Problem is they didn't do that till my junior year and I never remember what the hell my campuse id is.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 09:33 PM)
Search for free credit reportds on google. My parnets got one (I got it for them) from freecreditreport.com.

Ok I found a link at that site to annualcreditreport.com which provides you your yearly free credit score. The site you mentioned has you sign up for a 30-day program which you must later cancel.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 10:38 PM)
Ok I found a link at that site to annualcreditreport.com which provides you your yearly free credit score.  The site you mentioned has you sign up for a 30-day program which you must later cancel.

Ok

QUOTE(3E8 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 10:38 PM)
Ok I found a link at that site to annualcreditreport.com which provides you your yearly free credit score.  The site you mentioned has you sign up for a 30-day program which you must later cancel.

Woohoo! I can check my credit for free in 8 days!

QUOTE(3E8 @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 10:03 PM)
So if someone were to use your SS#, would they also have to use your correct address?

Nope. That's how they get away with the fraud most times. They fill out CC aps and have them mailed to PO Boxes. You never know until you apply for something that you've been effected.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 10:48 AM)
Is it true that the more times you have your credit report looked into, it actually hurts you credit score??

Yes. Your score decreases somewhere it he neighborhood of 9 to 17 points every time it's checked. The logic is that if you're being looked into there must be a reason and that creditors are concerned about your payment history.