McCarthy likely to start at Texas

fathom

Bmac vs Texas?! Is it just me, or does that sound like extra batting practice for the Texas mashers?!

If I were Ozzie, I'd start Bmac under one single condition, show me you can throw your change for strikes like in spring training, and you can start...otherwise he will get shelled, especially by the Rangers.

:gosox3:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 06:13 AM)
Bmac vs Texas?!  Is it just me, or does that sound like extra batting practice for the Texas mashers?!

If I were Ozzie, I'd start Bmac under one single condition, show me you can throw your change for strikes like in spring training, and you can start...otherwise he will get shelled, especially by the Rangers.

:gosox3:

Somebody has to start that game, and Brandon is our best option. From what I've been hearing about the way he's been pitching lately, I'll gladly take my chances with BMac over any other option we have.

If Bmac is using his changeup and throwing it for strikes, he's dangerous...if not, he's too predictable with his fastball, which loses it's effectiveness.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 05:15 AM)
Somebody has to start that game, and Brandon is our best option.  From what I've been hearing about the way he's been pitching lately, I'll gladly take my chances with BMac over any other option we have.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 06:20 AM)
If Bmac is using his changeup and throwing it for strikes, he's dangerous...if not, he's too predictable with his fastball, which loses it's effectiveness.

So, who else would you prefer to see start that game?

QUOTE(BMAC3520 @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 06:15 AM)
Wait... is that me on the right or on the left? I'm offended if it's me getting my ass kicked. Unfortunately... the rest of the pic is pretty accurate.

hey much love and good luck in the future, bmac. lookin forward to seein' you with the big team for good soon.

I don't think there is much of an alternative, honestly, but hell, does it matter who starts?! I don't think any of our minor league pitchers could do much worse than Bmac has done in the majors...what's his ERA up top, like 8?!

Arnie Munoz and Felix Diaz can put up numbers like that, too.

QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 05:27 AM)
So, who else would you prefer to see start that game?

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 06:48 AM)
I don't think there is much of an alternative, honestly, but hell, does it matter who starts?!  I don't think any of our minor league pitchers could do much worse than Bmac has done in the majors...what's his ERA up top, like 8?!

Arnie Munoz and Felix Diaz can put up numbers like that, too.

I feel confident that you'll see a different BMac this time around.

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 12:32 AM)
Here's what a fight between Jack McDowell and BMac would look like. :fight

Sorry, being in Texas and all, it looked a lot like a Nolan Ryan v. Robin Ventura fight. :lolhitting

Damn, now I really want to make the 1000 mile round trip to Dallas. Hey Kap, got a guest room?

I think a Bmac start is just what the team needs.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 12:17 PM)
Sorry, being in Texas and all, it looked a lot like a Nolan Ryan v. Robin Ventura fight.  :lolhitting

Damn, now I really want to make the 1000 mile round trip to Dallas. Hey Kap, got a guest room?

I think a Bmac start is just what the team needs.

LMAO. Yep. We have too much room in this damn house.

I want to go but I think I have almost no shot at going - I can't get off work as it's budget season.

QUOTE(BMAC3520 @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 01:15 AM)
Wait... is that me on the right or on the left? I'm offended if it's me getting my ass kicked. Unfortunately... the rest of the pic is pretty accurate.

No offense B... but Jack is a beast. :lol:

Good luck!

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 07:17 AM)

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 07:40 AM)
I was just thinking the same thing...  ;)

Wow! I could be sharing a room with Steff. :D

QUOTE(BMAC3520 @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 01:15 AM)

Good to see again Brandon, too bad I was in bed :bang

Anyways, go get em Tuesday and stick around for a while, will ya? :cheers That and tell Baj he is getting screwed!!!

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 07:53 AM)
:cheers  That and tell Baj he is getting screwed!!!

Gee if you have to tell him, you may need to click on one of those spam emails you've been receiving regarding herbal supplements.