McCarthy likely to start at Texas

fathom

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(ChWRoCk2 @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 12:22 AM)
im i gettin a vibe that you think you are bmac, or am i just drunk and havent been on for so long that i have no understanding to what has been happening lately

haha sucks to be you

QUOTE(SpringfieldFan @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 08:58 AM)
Uh, this is going to sound really stupid, but why are we looking for another starter for that game?

edit: Oh ok I see now.  It is a doubleheader so they want to retain the same number of off days for the other starters.  I guess it really was a stupid question :bang

"There are no stupid questions, just stupid people." :P

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 09:47 AM)
Wow, no respect. The guy was actually in the room. :headshake

GOOD LUCK B-MAC!

Better than talking behind his back.

Hey, Crede*, nice season, you are so clutch at the plate.

*for the record, I think Joe is a great infielder and I hope he patrols 3rd for many a season.

QUOTE(fathom @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 12:09 AM)
Chicagosports.com is reporting that B. McCarthy will likely start one of the games of a doubleheader in Texas.  Hopefully he does well, but I like the choice a lot more than Adkins, Munoz, or Diaz.

This will be the third time texas sees this guy. Once in spring training and now twice in texas. He will get tattooed. Unfortunately.

This will be the third time texas sees this guy. Once in spring training and now twice in texas. He will get tattooed. Unfortunately.

There was some talk in the papers this morning that a lefthander could pitch one of the doubleheader games, two guys were mentioned, Heath Phillips and Dan Haigwood, both in Birmingham.

Texas has all those lefthanded hitters, and neither of those two guys are on the 40 man.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 10:09 AM)
There was some talk in the papers this morning that a lefthander could pitch one of the doubleheader games, two guys were mentioned, Heath Phillips and Dan Haigwood, both in Birmingham.

Texas has all those lefthanded hitters, and neither of those two guys are on the 40 man.

Have we solved the mystery of the open 40 man roster spot?

Dah-Dah-----DAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Looks like we're not the only ones throwing out a rookie;

Edison Volquez will be called up to start a game in Tuesday's doubleheader against the White Sox.

With rosters expanding on Thursday, Volquez might not be sent down after the game. The plan would likely be to use him as a reliever, but it's possible that he could land a rotation spot. He's one to watch. Aug. 28 - 9:56 pm et

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 03:32 PM)
Looks like we're not the only ones throwing out a rookie;

And this on Volquez;

The Rangers are banking on their young pitching, and a scout offers this assessment of Double-A RHP Edison Volquez, who could be in the majors soon: "He has a very good arm. He's up to 97 mph. He pitches at 95. He kind of reminds me of Octavio Dotel a little bit. He has a real good change, a slider at 80 to 82. And he's not afraid to pitch inside." ...

QUOTE(greg775 @ Aug 30, 2005 -> 04:46 AM)
If we lose both ends of the twinbill and the Indians win ... I wonder if some Sox fans are gonna be jumping off buildings.

I wrote this in an attempt to garner a reverse jinx.

Yeah, it's going to be quite the meltdown on here if we lose both games. If we did lose 3 straight games to the Rangers facing the starting pitchers we have....the Sox deserve to have their lead diminish rapidly. The first game tomorrow is incredibly important. That would be a lot of pressure to put on McCarthy in the second game.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 02:20 PM)
And this on Volquez;

Also Im pretty sure he pitched in the Futures game he might of even of been the starter cant remember. One of my friends is a die hard rangers fan and he is more excited about this kid than Danks and Diamond... Although I think if I remember right he does give up some HR's.