Game Thread -- August 25, 12:10 PM

Mplssoxfan

I dont understand it.  Does Ozzie understand how hard it is to adjust to 100 mph heat.  Jenks would probably get the first two out before anyone on the twins times him.  Then he breaks off a curve and they are done.  I dont get it.

I think he's worried about Jenks walking guys in the closer role with a miniscule lead.

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 07:18 PM)
I dont understand it.  Does Ozzie understand how hard it is to adjust to 100 mph heat.  Jenks would probably get the first two out before anyone on the twins times him.  Then he breaks off a curve and they are done.  I dont get it.

Well, Ortiz didn't think it was too hard...

Just looking at the averages Uribe is down to .240 and Crede is down to .232. I know this has been talked about before, but I'm sick and tired of waiting for Crede to come around. Shorten up the swing and get hits, I don't care if he only hits 3 home runs next year, have a .275 batting average and that will make many happy.

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 02:19 PM)
Is it possible to find a way to have the score posted on game threads?  I always come into them, but leave because I have absolutely no idea what the score is.  Not looking to create more work for anyone, but if it's not too hard to do, it would be a nice feature.

No time with all of the :crying

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 01:17 PM)
I'm pretty sure Ozzie will leave Marte in for Mauer and Morneau, then go to Hermanson to try to get LeCroy. Its probably going to be a nerve-racking bottom of the ninth.

Marte should be left in to face these two. Mauer hit Marte yesterday, but it was a single. I doubt either make great contact off Marte if he's pitching with balls.

But, as we know, nothing is ever simple with this club against Minnesota.

QUOTE(Middle Buffalo @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 02:19 PM)
Is it possible to find a way to have the score posted on game threads?  I always come into them, but leave because I have absolutely no idea what the score is.  Not looking to create more work for anyone, but if it's not too hard to do, it would be a nice feature.

Just ask and we'll post it.

The thing that ticks me off is that Garland is out of there because the Twins worked the count giving up at-bats to tire him out. The Sox inability to work a count and tire a pitcher is disgusting. Garland would throw 16 pitchers to 3 batters, Silva would throw that to 7. This is what is killing this team offenesivly. Major League pitchers are there for a reason, they can pitch, you need to work them, especially if they are not power guys.

Am I wrong???