Game Thread -- August 25, 12:10 PM

Mplssoxfan

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't worry. Hermy held down the fort. Kong is pissed. Kong is going to enact his revenge now.

It's funny. I use to be one of his detractor's. Now I'm one of his biggest supporters. What can I say? The man can pick them out of the dirt better than most. Is that + 35HR + 100RBI worth 50/4? I'm beginning to think the answer is yes.

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 02:32 PM)
Konerko failed to catch the liner that WAS foul. Then he sat there and didn't go pick up the ball. The relay throw came to Konerko who dropped the ball AGAIN and thus Rodriguez scored from first.

I don't care if it was a bad call, Konerko had two chances on that play to get him out.

Not only this, but when we lose this game, and the excuses come out. Let's remember the offense failed to score more than 1 run.

What I dont understand is why Konerko did not get up and get the ball. The ump called it fair he should go get the ball and argue after. And isn't it the home plate ump's call when the ball has not crossed 1st base yet? He should make the call. Not the 1st plate ump. We make and create our own breaks and the walk and Konerko not getting the ball cost us big time.

Edited by Ozzie Montana

From what I heard from the Twins announcers on the radio, Konerko dove for a foul ball and it hit off of his glove, thought it was foul and still tossed it to Hermanson who dropped it or something, Konerko grabbed the ball and was arguing with the first base ump while the runner Rodriguez ran through Al Newman's stop sign at 3rd base and with a good throw would've been out by at least 15 feet.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 03:34 PM)
STOP IT.  There's no need for that here, AT ALL.  Pissed off or not, you don't need to say stuff like that.

I agree. I overreacted. I apologize. He just blows so god damn much...

QUOTE(downstairs @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 02:33 PM)
This is disgusting.

1st base ump CANNOT call the play until its passed 1st base.  If the ump even makes a move to call it before its passed first base its either illegal or he's actually got the call in his head before it happens.

I am not even sure on the rules, but I have to believe there is a major problem with making a call out of turn.  You just can't do it.

Not only was it a bad call, the guy should not have even made a call.  THAT is disgusting...

yes it's the home plate ump and he should've called it but didn't.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 02:35 PM)
Not only this, but when we lose this game, and the excuses come out. Let's remember the offense failed to score more than 1 run.

understandable, but konerko did 3 things wrong on the same exact play

1) didn't keep it in front of him

2) didn't go get the slow......rolling ball

3) dropping the ball

you can't do that in the majors