• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

black hole:

Top 7TH B:3 S:2 O:1

Geoff Blum flies out to right fielder Michael Cuddyer.

Top 7TH B:0 S:2 O:2

Joe Crede grounds out, second baseman Nick Punto to first baseman Justin Morneau.

Top 7TH B:0 S:0 O:3

Timo Perez flies out to left fielder Michael Ryan.

QUOTE(Colorado Sox Fan @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 12:52 PM)
OK. You be the manager. Who pitches in 7, 8, 9 for Sox? I say Garland, Cotts, Hermanson. Unless Garland is shot. Then, I go with Cotts, Jenks, Hermanson. I'm sure Ozzie will do his usually matchup stuff and bring in Marte to give up a hit to a lefthander.

If I heard correctly, Jenks was in the bullpen. Go w/him, Cotts, then Dustin.

QUOTE(Colorado Sox Fan @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 11:52 AM)
OK. You be the manager. Who pitches in 7, 8, 9 for Sox? I say Garland, Cotts, Hermanson. Unless Garland is shot. Then, I go with Cotts, Jenks, Hermanson. I'm sure Ozzie will do his usually matchup stuff and bring in Marte to give up a hit to a lefthander.

NO HERMIE!!! Cotts for 2 and Jenks to close it out

QUOTE(Colorado Sox Fan @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 12:52 PM)

Enough of Hermanson. His back is ailing and he's already shown these Minnesota hitters all in his arsenal. Substitute Jenks for Cotts (hopefully he'll have a quick 7th to work the 8th) and Jenks in the 9th.

QUOTE(CYGarland @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 12:53 PM)
Joe has ABSLOUTELY no clue up there!!

Maybe Gooch can sit with Crede and teach him about his culture, it could keep his mind off things.

Or better yet, maybe Gooch can go over that whole ceremony of failure that involved a kendo sword

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 01:53 PM)
How intimidated would you be if you were pitching to Blum, Crede and Timo?

I can't even hit 80 but I have a decent hook. I'm very confident I could mow them down.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 12:55 PM)
Everyone points to Joe's long swing as the source of his troubles.  How about his horrific batters eye?  The guy wouldnt know the difference between a strike and a ball if there was a manual.

Well when you have to generate the swing before the pitcher rocks back because its long you need Ms. Cleo to tell you if the pitch is a strike or ball.