Game Thread -- August 25, 12:10 PM

Mplssoxfan

• Replies 844
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 05:00 PM)
When did Iguchi become our best hitter?

He is batting a WHOPPING 6 points higher than Konerko. What about his clutch stats, you know the thing that Konerko gets bashed so much for? Iguchi's batting ROBUST .237 w/RISP. He strikes out at a higher rate than any of our other hitters. Walks less than Konerko, and hits for less power than Konerko.  Tell me again, How is this guy 'our best hitter?'

Pwned.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 12:00 PM)
When did Iguchi become our best hitter?

He is batting a WHOPPING 6 points higher than Konerko. What about his clutch stats, you know the thing that Konerko gets bashed so much for? Iguchi's batting ROBUST .237 w/RISP. He strikes out at a higher rate than any of our other hitters. Walks less than Konerko, and hits for less power than Konerko.  Tell me again, How is this guy 'our best hitter?'

Wow. Way to compare two completely different hitters. The fact that Iguchi bats in the 2-hole should be your first clue to why his RISP and his BA isnt as high as it could be. He moves runners over and hits to the right side to not only score runs, but to better the team's position. He was a power hitter in Japan and has moved into one of the most important roles on the team. If you would like him to become selfish and go for stats im sure he will not only surpass Paulie's robust numbers, but everyone else on the team. Dont take my word for it though, take Ozzies, and KW's and greg walker's. hmmm wonder why ozzie would call Iguchi his MVP?? Probably because he is terrible.

Seriously though, the apple compared to the orange....

Seriously...I hear Hawk talk about how huge his KZone is all the time, but...that's not working this year...perhaps people in the AL figured that out and you have his huge numbers drop of this season...he swings at anything remotely near the plate, high low in or out, doesn't matter...

His numbers would rise a bit if he'd be more patient...

QUOTE(Colorado Sox Fan @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 11:15 AM)
Why would anybody throw a pitch anywhere near the strike zone to Juan Uribe?

Seriously though, the apple compared to the orange....

Since we're now speaking in terms of fruit. You shouldn't have called Iguchi the best fruit then. It was your open ended statement that garnered the response for a reason.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 12:19 PM)
hmmm wonder why ozzie would call Iguchi his MVP??

Ozzie's a fricken genius. Need any proof look at the OBPs of our #1&2 hitters today. Need more proof, listen pretty much anytime he opens his mouth.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 12:26 PM)
Since we're now speaking in terms of fruit. You shouldn't have called Iguchi the best fruit then. It was your open ended statement that garnered the response for a reason.

Ozzie's a fricken genius. Need any proof look at the OBPs of our #1&2 hitters today. Need more proof, listen pretty much anytime he opens his mouth.

Did I hurt your feelings?

You just cant compare certain numbers of players in 2 different roles. Its like saying Crede is a better hitter than PODs because his power numbers are better. Iguchi serves a purpose in his role, and his RISP BA is not going to be high. But there is no doubt in my mind that he is the most complete hitter on our team with his ability to hit with power to all fields. If it makes you feel better I can say that Ozzie shouldnt have taken out Iguchi who is a superior hitter to Timo. Better?