Luxury Suite tickets

shakes

I'm not a fan of this promotion. I would rather they went to Sox fans.

Cubs fans, tell us in 500 words or fewer why you want to attend a Sox game, and we'll pick two winners. Each will get a pair of tickets to sit in the Sun-Times' luxury suite for the Sept. 7 game against the Royals.

http://www.suntimes.com/includes/sports/cs...econtest21.html

Totally...

...lame.

QUOTE(shakes @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 09:06 AM)
I'm not a fan of this promotion. I would rather they went to Sox fans.

Cubs fans, tell us in 500 words or fewer why you want to attend a Sox game, and we'll pick two winners. Each will get a pair of tickets to sit in the Sun-Times' luxury suite for the Sept. 7 game against the Royals.

http://www.suntimes.com/includes/sports/cs...econtest21.html

That's Chicago popular opinion for ya...give away much coveted seats to some yuppies who won't appreciate them.

Makes me want to cry, just a little...

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 09:09 AM)
This is weak. There are plenty of Sox fans who can't afford to get to a game or a suite who could use these tickets. To give them to a Cub fan is assanine.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 09:09 AM)
This is weak. There are plenty of Sox fans who can't afford to get to a game or a suite who could use these tickets. To give them to a Cub fan is assanine.

I'm sure there's more deserving Cub fans than my father who's been a Sox fan for fifty years and has never been in a suite. Good call by the Sun Times. :fight

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 10:23 AM)
Seeing as how they are requiring the Cub fan to write what hopefully will be a logical essay.. maybe there's a chance one that will appreciate them will win.

Or that no Cub fan could write an essay, and they end up giving them to a Sox fan anyway...

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 09:23 AM)
Seeing as how they are requiring the Cub fan to write what hopefully will be a logical essay.. maybe there's a chance one that will appreciate them will win.

Even if that was the case, it looks like they are looking for bandwagon jumpers. I think it would be more appropiate to give them to someone that has been loyal to the team for years. I doubt any recently transformed Cub fan could appreciate it as much as the gentleman mentioned above.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 10:26 AM)
Even if that was the case, it looks like they are looking for bandwagon jumpers. I think it would be more appropiate to give them to someone that has been loyal to the team for years. I doubt any recently transformed Cub fan could appreciate it as much as the gentleman mentioned above.

Dick... nearly all the suites are owned by corps. They are filled with BW jumpers every game.

I think it would be appropriate to reward a Sox fan also. Oh well...

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 09:28 AM)
Dick... nearly all the suites are owned by corps. They are filled with BW jumpers every game.

I think it would be appropriate to reward a Sox fan also. Oh well...

I just don't understand having a contest for White Sox tickets, and basically making life-long White Sox fans ineligible to win. Maybe a true White Sox fan will win anyway.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 10:35 AM)
I just don't understand having a contest for White Sox tickets, and basically making life-long White Sox fans ineligible to win. Maybe a true White Sox fan will win anyway.

White Sox fans should enter anyway and relay that sentiment. Make them see the error in judgement in having such a contest.

QUOTE(ceffa2000 @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 10:40 AM)
What the heck is stopping anyone on here from writing an essay to win?  All this energy complaining about it could be spent starting the most amazing essay ever!

BINGO. Write one on how sick you are of....insert all bad things Cubs and Wrigley here.....posing as a Cub fan. They'll never know. :huh

If GIVEN tickets to a suite at a cub game I would pass. Why the F' would I write an essay and waste any time whatsoever for this?

View this from a cub fan perspective, why would they do this? Why put in the time and effort? To see a Sox game? Against the Royals?????

Sounds like some sort of hoax to me.

Write the essay pretending to be a cub fan it is like politics, nobody can prove anything. I think the idea would be I am a die hard cub fan but my dad who is a deadhard sox fan would love to go and I would suck it up to take him as he is older a suite would be great for him yada, yada yada.

QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 09:37 AM)
White Sox fans should enter anyway and relay that sentiment. Make them see the error in judgement in having such a contest.

I did just that. Hopefully, it'll work.

On a strange unrelated note. Steff, I had a dream that you were my neighbor and you gave me free playoff tickets. Even though, I've never met you. Your very nice in dreams.

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 10:50 AM)
If GIVEN tickets to a suite at a cub game I would pass.  Why the F' would I write an essay and waste any time whatsoever for this?

The tickets are not for a suite at a Cubs game... :unsure:

QUOTE(shakes @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 10:51 AM)
On a strange unrelated note. Steff, I had a dream that you were my neighbor and you gave me free playoff tickets. Even though, I've never met you. Your very nice in dreams.

LMAO... Thanks!

QUOTE(shakes @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 10:51 AM)
I did just that. Hopefully, it'll work.

It must have been a dream :P

[/had to be said]

QUOTE(Jenks Heat @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 11:36 AM)
My point was why would a cub fan do this?  Would you do it for a cub game agaisnt say...the Reds on a Tuesday night?  This seems like a waste of time for someone that is a cub fan.

Sure!! To see KGJ play.. and maybe sway him to come to the Sox. ;)

I'm kidding. I get what you're saying now.