Jason & Co...

Steff

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 09:54 PM)
There are other applications that this will work on (invision).

But mySQL is the most popular, and with the amount of traffic that this site generates, it would take a full version of something a lot more powerful then we have, which is not cheap, depending on which way we go.

The server is ran on unix, there's no way in hell that I'm going windows.

Look at the bright side of windows. Think about how fresh the site will be when you reboot it every few days for the 50 or so security patches you need to keep Soxtalk from being coming PWNDTalk

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 09:54 PM)
There are other applications that this will work on (invision).

But mySQL is the most popular, and with the amount of traffic that this site generates, it would take a full version of something a lot more powerful then we have, which is not cheap, depending on which way we go.

The server is ran on unix, there's no way in hell that I'm going windows.

Lol! Good ole IIS isn't secure or stable enough for you?? I rather have a good working unix server than a windows one for damn sure.

Maybe cleanups of the database periodically would help, like every few months.

Thanks to those of you that have already donated! Keep in mind, as of now all money will go back into the Soxtalk/FS duo unless you specify you want it to go to Jason's date fund. If you've ever seen his face, you know why he needs money. A lot of it. :D

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 01:07 AM)
Thanks to those of you that have already donated! Keep in mind, as of now all money will go back into the Soxtalk/FS duo unless you specify you want it to go to Jason's date fund. If you've ever seen his face, you know why he needs money. A lot of it. :D

Personal attack??? :huh :lol:

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 12:07 AM)

banned, not in green.

I think the donations are a great idea, and I wish I could help. A baby and a home kinda are cramping my style right now though.

I am curious why the other thread with the discussions about the players rules got closed though? It didn't seem like any attacks were being made or anyone was causing any trouble... I still wanted to discuss trying to end some of the personal attacks that are still going on here even today.

This is all well and good, but ya'll must remember that the hardware/server isn't the issue, it's the programming of invision in addition to the database software that's causing some of the issues.

Having said the above, Jason and some others here have put a lot of cash into this thing. I don't mean to speak for him but I'm sure he will take this and reinvest as best as he can. It's not like he's trying to profit from this, just cover the upkeep.

Edited by kapkomet

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 10:35 AM)
I think the donations are a great idea, and I wish I could help.  A baby and a home kinda are cramping my style right now though.

I am curious why the other thread with the discussions about the players rules got closed though?  It didn't seem like any attacks were being made or anyone was causing any trouble...  I still wanted to discuss trying to end some of the personal attacks that are still going on here even today.

Mike, I won't accept your donations. You've done far too much for this site as is. Heck, I still have no idea what to say about the donations. I've never been much of a fan of asking for them but I'm very appreciative for everyone being so willing.

But does this mean you guys will get mad if I show up to the next Sox game in a porsche??? :P

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 02:06 PM)
Mike, I won't accept your donations.  You've done far too much for this site as is.  Heck, I still have no idea what to say about the donations.  I've never been much of a fan of asking for them but I'm very appreciative for everyone being so willing. 

But does this mean you guys will get mad if I show up to the next Sox game in a porsche???  :P

Well if that is the case, I have this email from a Nigerian Prince I can forward to you that might help...

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 02:06 PM)
Mike, I won't accept your donations.  You've done far too much for this site as is.  Heck, I still have no idea what to say about the donations.  I've never been much of a fan of asking for them but I'm very appreciative for everyone being so willing. 

But does this mean you guys will get mad if I show up to the next Sox game in a porsche???  :P

just buy me some cotton candy and i'm happy :D

:bang