Nascar and #3 Fans

I have a very nice NASCAR Dale Earnhardt commemorative knife, in a decorative tin, that I will trade for a White Sox item. If anyone is interested, PM me to work out a trade. The knife has never been used.

daleknife.jpg

Now if it had been David Pearson, Richard Petty or Jeff Burton (okay, Nascar fans, which one doesn't belong lol?), you might have a deal lol.

Now for an off topic though...

BRISTOL AT NIGHT BABY! Too bad I have to miss from about 6:45 to about 8 (meeting with Father - my dumbass didn't think about it until after I made the appointment).

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 08:25 AM)
Now if it had been David Pearson, Richard Petty or Jeff Burton (okay, Nascar fans, which one doesn't belong lol?), you might have a deal lol.

BRISTOL AT NIGHT BABY!  Too bad I have to miss from about 6:45 to about 8 (meeting with Father - my dumbass didn't think about it until after I made the appointment).

Ahhh, Jeff in the Chase :D

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 08:25 AM)

BRISTOL AT NIGHT BABY!  Too bad I have to miss from about 6:45 to about 8 (meeting with Father - my dumbass didn't think about it until after I made the appointment).

love bristol. have been thinking about getting my masters at a college about an hour from there and being so close to brisol is obviously a huge perk. never been to a cup race but stopped by the track on vacation and was really surprised at how big that place is. it's kinda nestled in the hills too so having that as a backdrop makes it look even better...

QUOTE(Goldmember @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 08:41 AM)
love bristol. have been thinking about getting my masters at a college about an hour from there and being so close to brisol is obviously a huge perk. never been to a cup race but stopped by the track on vacation and was really surprised at how big that place is. it's kinda nestled in the hills too so having that as a backdrop makes it look even better...

That whole area is beautiful. My wife has family down there, and we actually got to go out onto the track. I loved it down there.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 08:54 AM)
That whole area is beautiful.  My wife has family down there, and we actually got to go out onto the track.  I loved it down there.

would have loved to have been able to get on the track. it was pretty far out of our way but i really wanted to see it so we kinda came in a back way. from this area you couldn't see the front entrance so i figured thats the closest i would be able to get without getting in trouble and pulled over and took a couple pics. a real nice guy pulled up to us, said he noticed the out of state plates so told us which way to go and told us to act like we owned the place. got up right next to the building but didn't have the nerve to push it any farther plus we had to get back on the road.

the area is great. went up into the smokies and except for the drive up clingmans dome and the drive back down at night (especially since its hard to see a black bear in the middle of the road until your right up on it) it was pretty awesome.

Edited by Goldmember

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 08:54 AM)
That whole area is beautiful.  My wife has family down there, and we actually got to go out onto the track.  I loved it down there.

I see you found the sports nerds thread

Man, no love for #3 :headshake I won two and was hoping for a trade before ebay.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 07:25 PM)

I see you found the sports nerds thread

Man, no love for #3  :headshake I won two and was hoping for a trade before ebay.

huge sr. (and jr.) fan but don't collect much memorabilia like that. don't have much sox stuff either...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Jeff and Ricky!!!! A second place finish for my boy and Ricky gets 4th! I like Kenseth as well, but would have been happier if Jeff passed him - too bad Bucky hung back and ran interference for Kenseth - not that Kenseth really needed it though.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 11:00 PM)
I was shocked by DJ's behaviour.  I think he let his temper get to him after the bump and runs by Newman and Rusty.  Newman pulls that crap regularly so I didn't feel bad for him, but I did for the other drivers that were taken out by it.

but it's a pretty slim chance newman meant to spin him. it was a pretty classless and as you said, shocking move by jarrett as he is normally pretty cool about things. he could of at least waited a few more seconds and disguised it a bit more.

QUOTE(Goldmember @ Aug 27, 2005 -> 08:50 AM)
huge sr. (and jr.) fan but don't collect much memorabilia like that. don't have much sox stuff either...

same here.....It is really really sad that i have seen probably 20 % of the races this year. I've lost interest. :headshake I use to watch every weekend, I even had my uncle tape the races that weren't on basic cable, and i would watch them later that day or the next.....I WAS :crying a diehard NASCAR fan....but no...i just check to see the finish and that's it. Especially since Jr's having an off year.